You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Missing My SPT Buddies

pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
Just wanted to say how much I miss the SPT’s and the band of regulars who you see at them.
I had never played live poker until Sky brought back the SPT’s a few years ago, I just love everything about them.
The enjoyable times before, during and after play catching up with all the really nice people. How during the breaks in play, people swap bad beat stories to make those on here seem trivial. The sponginess of the felt tables, first shuffle and deal. Squeezing your cards hoping to see the fabled AA but only getting the “ Proftastic “ 72off. The banter around the tables and the feel of stacking someone else’s chips after a nice win.
To all of you guys and girls , ( there are far too many to list, but you know who you are) who make these tournaments a pleasure and fun filled event , I look forward to the day when we can all get together again and play this great game.
Look after yourselves in the meantime.
Nick

Comments

• MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    Very well said Nick

.....looking forward to seeing you, @Tikay10 and the 'SKY Boys', and everyone else too. Will be great to catch up mate

Even missing @HAYSIE would you believe ;):D
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    MISTY4ME said:

Very well said Nick

.....looking forward to seeing you, @Tikay10 and the 'SKY Boys', and everyone else too. Will be great to catch up mate

Hey now...hold on..let's not take it THAT far! >:)

Same...it will be the SPT's that keep me on Sky....
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,515
    madprof said:

MISTY4ME said:

Very well said Nick

Hey now...hold on..let's not take it THAT far! >:)

Same...it will be the SPT's that keep me on Sky....
    He is prone to exaggeration, and bluffs a lot.
  • HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 896
    agree... very well put nick .. hope your doing okay and staying safe thru these difficult times as i hope every one is .. ive been playing less and less for a while now only thing to keep me playing was the SPTs so i am hoping they will return nexted year ...

• craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    I'm missing you all. It was these great SPTs that built up my poker ambiton, meeting up with you all was excellent.
    I will be so greatful when the next SPT comes round.
  • thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,963
    Site unavailable