You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

opinions on a bet

Hi all.
Would like to know your thoughts on a football bet.

Lost
Rashford 2+ shots on target & Martial 1+ shot on target (was 3/1) @ 5/1
Premium Price Boost

SBC Boost - Sevilla v Man Utd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQNLgGSLQo8

At 6 mins and 38 mins Rashford has shots on target.
Had a go on live chat, and got this response. am sorry I cannot open the link but I can confirm this was not credited as a shot on target as a foul was given BEFORE the goalkeeper saved it. Because of this, the shot effectively never happened, for the purposes of the game and statistics.
All markets such as this are settled from Opta's stats and by their rules; we have queried this incident with them and they are confident it is the correct result. I do apologise if this is not the outcome you were looking for.

Watched the 6 min shot over and over, the ref does not blow till way after the keeper saved the shot.

Would of posted the video but not good at that stuff, copy and paste is advanced to me.

Any comments welcome.

Comments

• freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    wow, i did post the video, proper good me.
  • SnufferSnuffer Member Posts: 3,057
    I would say the bookies are correct, anything that happens after the foul is null and void regardless of when the ref blows.
    snuffer, what happens first? the foul or the save?
  • SnufferSnuffer Member Posts: 3,057

I see your point, it looks like it happens almost simultaneously.
    Snuffer said:

I see your point, it looks like it happens almost simultaneously.
    Think its a little harsh not to give a shot on target.
    not credited as a shot on target as a foul was given BEFORE the goalkeeper saved it.

Sky bet response is clearly wrong.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,807
    edited August 2020
    @freechips1

The arbiter in these situations is how OPTA rule. Sky Bet will follow whatever they say, whether it's right or wrong. (It cuts both ways of course).

By doing these sort of bets you are placing yourself at the mercy of how OPTA see it - not Sky Bet. It may be wrong, but that's how it is.

It's the same as when a referee - or VAR - make a bad decision. It's wrong but you just have to accept it.

@Tikay10
    Thanks for your response Tony, also @Snuffer
    Just one of those things I guess. This one is close, wonder what sky/any betting site would do if OPTA was clearly wrong?
    I do love a sky bet boosted odds, this was last nights, Soften the blow a little.

£10.00Single @ 7/1
    You won £70.00 (inc. stake)
    Cash Out excludes £10.00 free bet stake
    Settled
    Won
    Romelu Lukaku 3+ shots on target (was 7/2) @ 7/1
    Double Up Boost

Inter v Shakhtar Donetsk (FT 5v0)