You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Should I have gone all-in ?.

rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,212
There were 6 players left with 5 goin through to the SPT final,

Comments

• MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    What is the shortest stack?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810
    edited August 2020
    @rabdeniro

We really need to know chips rspca12 & BA100 had, as the answer partly depends on that. Jamming 10 Bigs with Q-Q can't be terrible in normal circumstances, but it could be a huge mistake if there are super shorties at the table, & depending on their position next few hands relative to the blinds.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,212
    Stayorgo was the shortest, rspca had 10,000 and BA100 had 15,000.
  • rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 616
    ok 4 hrc tables 1st one what we can jam if every one is playing icm aware. 2nd one is what people should call vs range we jam. 3rd one is sol calling range as we see kk should be a fold. bottom one is range imo we should jam vs what people call in game and as u see qq is a fold
    rspca12 said:

ok 4 hrc tables 1st one what we can jam if every one is playing icm aware. 2nd one is what people should call vs range we jam. 3rd one is sol calling range as we see kk should be a fold. bottom one is range imo we should jam vs what people call in game and as u see qq is a fold

Was thinkin about folding and douring it out to get in to the final, but the blinds seemed to be flying round and I thought I'm goin to get blinded out here because everybody seemed more aggresive than me
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    edited August 2020
    Table image is almost as important as stack sizes here. The trouble with the tables provided by @rspca12 is that they don't take account of this.

Everyone probably WAS more aggressive than you. On the down side, people are getting it in 1st. I don't know how willing people are to get it in 2nd, which is key here.

Neither is an easy spot. For me, however, particularly with your table image and stack size, QQ is a jam.

Even taking into account your tighter image, sol is also quite short-stacked. He is massively ahead of even your tighter jam range-so much so that KK is a profitable call v a shorter stack in this spot. If Sol wins this hand, it is over. This takes into account that no-one is super-short.

If the original jammer was a larger stack, it becomes much closer. Think I would be sigh-folding.
  • hoban01hoban01 Member Posts: 80
    mtt i call satalite it is a fold with only 1 player remaining and 10bb left to hold on i am really only shoving before any action everything else is a fold except aa and would even fold aa if 2 people had already went all in
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,125
    edited August 2020
    Hi Eric.

I think the shove with QQ is fine, as to whether SoLack should call with KK, that is a close one.

I think he should perhaps only call with AA there as KK, is about 70%-75% against your range and SoLack has a slightly greater than 75% chance of success if he folds.

Having said that, in Solack's case, if you look at it long term, it can be good for opponents to doubt whether you will make ICM folds, as they will then be less likely to shove "any two" on you.

And as we face the same players time and time again, this could be useful.

It's a close one anyway, as no-one was super short.

From your perspective, if you keep folding hands like QQ in un-opened pots, with the rest of us stealing blinds as necessary, you soon could be the short stack yourself.

I don't think you did anything wrong @rabdeniro just UL.

I'll buy you a pint at the next Live SPT, as I was the main benefactor here.

Good luck with future qualifying.
    edited August 2020
    Cheers G, the more I think about it, I think it was the right play, that's twice I've bubbled on consecutive nights, I was playing on ma phone and I can't go on chat or see the lobby for some reason so it's not ideal, :/
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Push is fine. Unlucky to run into one of two hands that beat you.