You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

can we get more timed tournaments please.

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,713
I do not see why we cannot run more of these they are liked by everyone pros and recs alike.
I mentioned poker in my day job and one guy signed up he gave up on poker shortly afterwards for two reasons.
one was that the game took forever kind of my fault i advised him to do a low stakes mmt to start in order to get experience cheaply and secondly everyone took it too seriously. yeah maybe we shouldnt berate the fish for bad plays guys it not good for the game. I know we all guilty of it from time to time though when frustration gets the better of us.

I think the timed tournaments work for everyone because the recs can get lucky and win quite a bit but lose in the long run. the game is over quick so the recs dont get board and it works for the regs because it attracts the recs. everyone is happy.

I know sky poker run a lot of bounty hunters because these are popular but it would be nice to have more variety and i think the more recs that discover timed tournaments the better it will be for everyone. i mentioned this in the chat in one of these games and everyone wanted more of these games the recs and the sharks alike.

i think maybe if sky poker do some form of promo and put more of these running in the lobby it could do some good for the site.

Comments

• Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,531
    Timed tournaments are a horrible format. If you want to play for a certain amount of time just jump into a cash game.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,531
    Btw what happened 'that night'?
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,713
    not really not all recs like cash games. and recs can get hurt badly on cash games. a rec playing a cash game either plays where they win/lose tiny amounts they do not care about or they risk losing what is a lot of money to them. also Cash games are deep stacked which exposes them to more risk and a different format or in spin up again they can lose a bit fast. timed tournaments their risk of loss is capped and they can win quite a bit if they run hot.

look there are different formats and different game variant types that suit all different kinds of tastes and preferances. I have my own reasons why i do not play cash games. basically you can play well all month and be up quite a bit have a few bad sessions for whatever reason and suddenly you have lost your entire months profits and are in the red. that is personal preferance but recs have personal prefference as well. some may prefer cash games and that is all well and good but some also prefer other variants and some have expressed they would like to see more timed tournaments.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027

Btw what happened 'that night'?

😂😂😂

• Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    I like the timed games.

I think there's definitely room for a couple more £5 & £10 timed tournaments in the nightly schedule. There used to be £5 (30 mins) at 7.45pm & 8.15pm as well as the 9.15pm & 11pm ones, and they always seemed to be pretty popular.