You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Top of the Posts

LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
With the recent furore about this months promo it got me thinking about previous promos.

One of the best ones was the Top of the Posts; it was also really good for the forum and inexpensive for Sky to run.

Maybe it could be looked at with a view to reinstating this to run on a monthly basis.

For those not to sure what this is, it used to be a monthly sit and go freeroll that ran a few years ago with the 6 players selected due to their positive contributions to the forum such as diary posts, helping with poker hands in the poker clinic and generally making a positive contribution to the forum. The prize pool was maybe £200-300 spread amongst the 6 players.

Comments

• coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    whatever is done and whatever promotions are run, the majority will still have a problem. This is due to a expected right, when in truth the rewards freerolls alone are great value.

It’s nice to get evened out promo’s but why should I have the same rights to the ‘free’ (raked) money with my 50-100 Pts a week as someone who has earned in excess of 1000.
    The suits are not concerned with the forum only generating money and why not that is their job after all.

Not looked at this month’s in detail but to be able to compete in all 4 seems too one sided, why not create a bigger gap in the cash prizes and enter only 1 at least everyone will feel they have a chance. after all without the lower limit / recreational players players there is no site.

As for your suggestion above I can’t see it working, better to involve more, even if a restricted few than alienating everyone.

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    I seem to recall it was about recognising good forum contributions* with the prize poll being around £100

It wasn’t ever instead of monthly promotions but just a fun thing

*Devonfish won it a few times so the judgement of the selectors could possibly be questioned
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,855
    Jac35 said:

I seem to recall it was about recognising good forum contributions* with the prize poll being around £100

*Devonfish won it a few times so the judgement of the selectors could possibly be questioned

I think it was run by a chap who is no longer with SB&G. The problem with it is someone has to be God & make a subjective judgement as to the best 6. That was always likely to generate friction & chuntering.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

I think it was run by a chap who is no longer with SB&G. The problem with it is someone has to be God & make a subjective judgement as to the best 6. That was always likely to generate friction & chuntering.
    Agree. After myself and @NOSTRI its quite tough deciding on the other 4