You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

500 DYM & Tourny Challenge.

RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
Unlike my previous "Not Another Challenge" I thought why not set a few goal this time around.

What I plan to do starting from today is to see just how high up the buy ins I can get in DYM's after completeing 500 of them. I'll still be entering the daily £1000 Rewards Freerolls along with any other freerolls that I can fit in and I'll be including any cashes to add to the bankroll and move up the levels. At the end of the 500 DYM's it will be interesrting to see how far, if at all, I've progressed.

I had a nice little £4.00 cash in the £1000 rewards freeroll today which has put my bankroll at £41.40! That's just enough to enable me to start the challenge at the £0.55 DYM buy ins. Banroll management will also be an aim of the challenge and so I'll be either promoting or relegating myself as follows.

Stake £0.28 Promotion to £0.55 at £41.25
Stake £0.55 Promotion to £1.10 at £82.50 Relegation to £0.28 at £27.50
Stake £1.10 Promotion to £2.20 at £165.00 Relegation to £0.55 at £55.00
Stake £2.20 Promotion to £3.30 at £247.50 Relegation to £1.10 at £165.00

I'd like to acheive the £3.30 buy ins as I think that might be the most realistic level that I can achieve with the bankroll at my disposal and as per the last thread I'll be posting the results in batches of 50 starting from tomorrow.

Comments

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    edited September 2020
    Dyms are low variance
    I’d play the £2s and £3s right now if i were you. Assuming it’s not a disaster if you go broke?

At the £247.50 i’d happily be playing £11s and certainly wouldn’t fear busting my bankroll from there

• RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
    @Jac35 no, not a disaster if I go broke, just thought it woud be more interesting to see how quickly I could progress up the levels with the targets for promotion / relegaton I've set.

Just got the first 50 results in. It took a bit longer then planned due to other commitments but here they are:

Opening Blanance £41.40 Closing Balance £48.61 P /L +£7.21
    DYM's
    Played 50
    Cashes 31
    Lost 19

1-3 = 31
    4th = 7
    5th = 6
    6th = 6

I'm pleased I've lowered the number of 4th places to a more respectable number and even though the number of 5th and 6th places have kind of evened it out I'm happy overall with how I've played.

I've been far more aggressive both pre flop in the early stages and on the bubble. No more limpy limp limping for me lol.

The higher number of 5th and 6th places are pretty much down to vairance and I've got a breakdown of the worst KO's in those places.

All of them in the early stages and with all in shoves by myself after either a RR or limped pot pre flop.
    AA v 89 off and they hit a straight on the river
    QQ v 83s and they hit a flush
    AA v KTs and they hit a flush on the river.
    KK v AJs They hit the ace.
    JJ v K6s They hit the king
    AA v KTo and they hit 2 pair on the flop.

There where a few marginal ones such as my AK v TT and a particularly painfull one where I shoved with trip 8's on a flop and they hit runnner runner for a straight but what can you do. Still mostly getting it in good and seeing better returns for the higher aggression.

I had a couple of cashes in the £1000 Rewards freerolls as well which helped improve the balance.