You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

RSPCA Coaching

Comments

• The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 388
    Arrogant said:

Actually hstake players never use to sellout before because there was so much money to be won at the tables.

Brunson, Caro, Harrington, Negreanu, Hellmuth, the boys at DC and Leggo, Cardrunners, Galfond, Polk, Fedor etc. etc.

Poker players have been 'selling out' since at least the 70's.

Keep going down the rabbit hole though. It's fun seeing someone make bad points in a dreadful fashion.
  • Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,529
    Arrogant said:

Games get tougher but the coaches on here increase that at a rapid rate for a small reward that they will find out when its too late.

Good example i use to play 180 man sngs on stars years ago.There were a load of us beating them at good rates and it wasnt because we were crushers, we just had good jam and call charts.But then ppl got greedy, and they started coaching, and even tho what they were teaching wasnt enough to turn anyone into a crusher, it was enough info to kill those games.

You got coach

I mean the 180 men sngs are still crushable and the 33s are legitimately probably the softest 33s on the internet
  • Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,529
    The reason coaches can coach... is because they study harder than majority.

It gets to a point where your fundamentals are so good all you have to do is stay ahead of the curve in terms of what the populations tendancies are.

Any player can start throwing out 33% cbets... however applying it correctly is a whole different ball game.

Coaching has been around since the days of pokerxfactor and card runners... those who work will continue to beat the game... those who dont will fail.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,270

In order to help balance the ecology of the site, I too will be offering private coaching.

If you're a good or average player looking to become a shite one, drop me a pm for more info on my rates.

Where do I send the bill for a new keyboard as I've just spat coffee over mine?
  • tonyp142tonyp142 Member Posts: 33
    Think announcing your annoyance that people are offering coaching is a great advertisement for rspca and to players that they should be getting coaching...
    I’ve had coaching now from two top players on the site (one willing to do it for free) so I also think if rspca doesn’t offer coaching, players that want it will find it. For anyone getting coaching, they’ve still got to work so hard to get anywhere near the level of the top players.

If you do get coaching my advice would be to not worry about looking bad. Share your worst plays not the super close spots. Fix the major errors first. No point getting coaching about what to 3-bet sb vs bb if you tilt every other session. Second piece of advice would be not to be too keen. Just because someone offers you coaching, doesn’t mean you should text them every day for specific advice. Definitely made big mistakes doing this myself 😂
  • rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 616
    tonyp142 said:

Think announcing your annoyance that people are offering coaching is a great advertisement for rspca and to players that they should be getting coaching...
    I’ve had coaching now from two top players on the site (one willing to do it for free) so I also think if rspca doesn’t offer coaching, players that want it will find it. For anyone getting coaching, they’ve still got to work so hard to get anywhere near the level of the top players.

If you do get coaching my advice would be to not worry about looking bad. Share your worst plays not the super close spots. Fix the major errors first. No point getting coaching about what to 3-bet sb vs bb if you tilt every other session. Second piece of advice would be not to be too keen. Just because someone offers you coaching, doesn’t mean you should text them every day for specific advice. Definitely made big mistakes doing this myself 😂

I agree 100% with this couldn't put it better myself. we fix major leaks 1st i will tell u what i do but u need to still do tons of work off table. And yeah lets see worst of u play as well as the best so we can difference bewteen u A game and c d game. And we can work out what we need to do help u reach u A game more often.
  • ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 207
    Non of the above players would of sold any coaching if it had any negative impact on their bread and butter games.Can you imagine polk selling a course for hu poker during when he was dominating the games? Of course not, you have to be a fool to sell information that will hurt ur own bottom line when ur playing at the tables, but for whatever reason the coaches coaching in a small player pool cant see it.
    If these guys were coaching players on stars, thats a different story.They will barely face off and each tournament has 100s to 1000s of runners.

Is this is a good advert for rspca coaching?Yeh probably but he and others will look back at this thread while grinding the £2 deepstacks thinking this guy was actually right, but for now they will enjoy the couple hundro extra they make per week.

I do find it interesting that the only person so far who can see where this is going is kapow.How about if every winning reg decided to coach?If you look at an average £11 bounty, field is right now 50-55%% winning reg, 20% b/e lose reg/ 25% rec player.If we all coach we can get that to 75% win reg/25% fun player.Still gonna tell me then we can all just improve and keep the high win rates?

Why dont i coach?I probably look like someone who is desperate to earn as much as he can and is annoyed his own winrate will take a hit by others coaching.I dont coach because i probably have losing stats according to most reg opinion, but it also might be to do with if i make an extra £5k- £10k this year coaching, im going to work much much harder at the tables next year to try achieve this years winrate which is not why i play some of my volume on sky.I play on sky to earn a good winrate without having to go into the matrix everytime im playing an important pot.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    You'd make an excellent slowroll coach tbf.
    Yeh i get quite a few players saying that and then slowrolling me but im slow at the tables most of the time because im grinding 20+ tables on lot of sites most the time so with that small timebank it can look like that.
  • rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 616
    edited September 2020
    Arrogant said:

Non of the above players would of sold any coaching if it had any negative impact on their bread and butter games.Can you imagine polk selling a course for hu poker during when he was dominating the games? Of course not, you have to be a fool to sell information that will hurt ur own bottom line when ur playing at the tables, but for whatever reason the coaches coaching in a small player pool cant see it.
    If these guys were coaching players on stars, thats a different story.They will barely face off and each tournament has 100s to 1000s of runners.

Is this is a good advert for rspca coaching?Yeh probably but he and others will look back at this thread while grinding the £2 deepstacks thinking this guy was actually right, but for now they will enjoy the couple hundro extra they make per week.

I do find it interesting that the only person so far who can see where this is going is kapow.How about if every winning reg decided to coach?If you look at an average £11 bounty, field is right now 50-55%% winning reg, 20% b/e lose reg/ 25% rec player.If we all coach we can get that to 75% win reg/25% fun player.Still gonna tell me then we can all just improve and keep the high win rates?

Why dont i coach?I probably look like someone who is desperate to earn as much as he can and is annoyed his own winrate will take a hit by others coaching.I dont coach because i probably have losing stats according to most reg opinion, but it also might be to do with if i make an extra £5k- £10k this year coaching, im going to work much much harder at the tables next year to try achieve this years winrate which is not why i play some of my volume on sky.I play on sky to earn a good winrate without having to go into the matrix everytime im playing an important pot.

Lets have a side bet on that over the next 2 years my roi/abiilty gets bigger. happy to bet as well that your roi/abilty gets lower but u will need to unlock sharkscope for that. U going down wrong path and tbh u coming across as v entitled person.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    edited September 2020
    My worries are more where processing power and solvers are going. It's totally possible that holdem will be solved in a lot of situations within the next decade or so, which is going to be pretty painful for a lot of people unless solutions are found. On top of that mass coaching and stables brings things to equilibrium so fast and recs get destroyed much quicker. None of these things are happening on Sky tho, that I'm aware of anyway.

RSPCA coaching a few players is barely going to make any sort of dent in anything at all, so it's nothing to worry about when all is said and done. Sky is a nice little niche site with a proper community feel so a good reg coaching a few of the forum regulars is a net positive in many aspects of Sky Poker life.
  • Shrimpy28Shrimpy28 Member Posts: 142
    If you unlock your sharkscope, i promise to start coaching too which will balance out rspca's coaching so your winrate should stay the same :)
    One guy coaching a few players is not doing too much damage, but when you got a skype group with several coaches it has a big impact.
    I probably have gone the wrong path shedding light on how much damage these greedy players do, ill be more of a target at the tables and will be facing a bunch of friends with their students who have been informed of all my leaks, but thats been worth it for me, and because of that i would expect my winrate to go down on this site.

A 2 year bet doesnt sound like a good idea to me, but id have you as underdog for that one.

Shrimpy i dunno who u r, why do u wanna see my stats?
    Btw @Arrogant , there are probably a lot of people who will agree with what you're saying but they aren't going to chime in because they don't want to get into an argument. They also know that essentially what they're saying is 'i want more money for myself' and they don't want to come across as that person.
    edited September 2020
    This thread has 1.4k views already in 2 days. To put that into perspective the Another Bites the Dust thread, which is about people dieing, has 4.1k views in nearly 3 years.
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    In all fairness, 1k of those views were disappointed people expecting this to about the transport exploits of an animal charity.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,012
    Arrogant said:

One guy coaching a few players is not doing too much damage, but when you got a skype group with several coaches it has a big impact.
    I probably have gone the wrong path shedding light on how much damage these greedy players do, ill be more of a target at the tables and will be facing a bunch of friends with their students who have been informed of all my leaks, but thats been worth it for me, and because of that i would expect my winrate to go down on this site.

A 2 year bet doesnt sound like a good idea to me, but id have you as underdog for that one.

Shrimpy i dunno who u r, why do u wanna see my stats?

• Shrimpy28Shrimpy28 Member Posts: 142
    @Arrogant
    I dont need you to know who i am, i'd like to see your stats because you've got your knickers in a twist about losing potentially losing a bit of bottom line, and as you have your sharky locked i'm assuming you don't make that much and so are worried about losing the little profit you make from sky.
  • gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    edited September 2020
    @Arrogant you don't seem to be taking on board that coaching is available elsewhere and if RSPCA wasn't offering it people who wanted to improve would still do so. Online poker games have been getting harder ever since online poker was invented and will continue to do so. Anyone with any common sense understands that if you don't strive to continually improve in a competitive game like poker you will go backwards. Unlike the others I am struggling to even see your problem here. it seems like you are someone unwilling to work on your own game and you expect the world to stand still just so you can keep winning. Maybe you should find another hobby if that's your attitude.
    Im probably making hardly anything, but you would like confirmation of that.Yeh thats probably not gonna happen, unless i decide to join team greed and start coaching.

1.5k views? Id assume your right kapow, alot will agree with the points, it just seems to be the coaches that dont or players that havent witnessed games crumble when the reg/rec ratio gets too unbalanced.

How many coaches are there on this site i wonder.Why are non of them getting involved in this thread?