You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Direction and Timeframe

Apologies if I have missed posts or a thread already dedicated to this(?) but it feels like we he haven't had any recent information, concrete or otherwise, regarding the nature of Sky Poker's future since the acquisition(s) of Sky Bet by other parties.

I can understand an unwillingness to fix the crashing/disconnect/booted from client issues (which seem to have gotten an awful lot worse in the past few months for some people, myself included) with the current software if it is being replaced imminently. So, is that the case? Are we getting brand new, built from scratch Sky Poker software or are we getting new to us software from elsewhere? When is it arriving? Are we looking at weeks or months?

Any information would be greatly appreciated even if it's not possible to fully disclose all the details.

Thank you.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,810

Hi @MynaFrett

That's a very complex question to answer right now, but I'm hopeful there will be some news quite soon. Sky Poker won't be going away, that's for sure.

The various Corporate changes have certainly muddied the waters somewhat, meaning prioritisation kept changing, but I think most of that is behind us now.

Lots of things have been happening, & The Suits have kept me in the loop, so fingers crossed a clear way forward will be made known quite soon.

Not the answer you were looking for, but please bear with them a little longer.

• waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    Please can we have throwables? Nothing in life would give me greater pleasure than throwing sh1t and then a taxi at @MAXALLY
    waller02 said:

Please can we have throwables? Nothing in life would give me greater pleasure than throwing sh1t and then a taxi at @MAXALLY

Dear God, please spare me "throwing emojis" which I believe is the term.

Ugh.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    Tikay10 said:

waller02 said:

Ugh.
    They appear to be the new norm I'm afraid. They can be extremely tilting, there is nothing worse than being in a really tough spot whilst the guy who put you in it is sat there throwing a taxi at you!
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    i think you can block them @waller02 .

i love them ha!
  • MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    edited September 2020
    Thanks for the swift response (as ever) Tikay. Great to hear that Sky Poker won't be going away.

" ... so fingers crossed a clear way forward will be made known quite soon ... "

I might be reading too much into that but it suggests that new/replacement software isn't in the can and ready to go imminently?
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    I imagine covid has made the whole situation a bit more fluid than it would be otherwise, so I'd hazard a guess that not much is absolutely concrete yet.

I'll tell you one fact tho - the Sky guys want better software, just like you, as soon as possible.
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,515
    waller02 said:

I just need a speech bubble with '#runlikewaller' on to save me typing it out 50 times ;)
    waller02 said:

Tikay10 said:

waller02 said:

Ugh.
    They appear to be the new norm I'm afraid. They can be extremely tilting, there is nothing worse than being in a really tough spot whilst the guy who put you in it is sat there throwing a taxi at you!

It would make sense to have them if poker were a game for pre-adolescents. Jeez, they do my head in.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,626
    edited September 2020
  • MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    The one time I try to start a serious thread...
  • NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    MynaFrett said:

The one time I try to start a serious thread...

• chappo100chappo100 Member Posts: 116
    +1 for throwables!

i'm super confused, did stars buy skybet group and then merge with the paddy/betfair merger is that right?
    chappo100 said:

+1 for throwables!

i'm super confused, did stars buy skybet group and then merge with the paddy/betfair merger is that right?

@chappo100

That's pretty much the sum of it, yes.

I'm amazed so many folks like those throwables.
  • chappo100chappo100 Member Posts: 116
    suprised the competition commission/market authority/whichever quango deals with competition these days? didn't kick off about this.

taking sick poker reads to a new level. when someone chucks poo on flop or turn after a big bet they defo have a flush draw!