You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

RSPCA Coaching

Comments

• rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 616
    edited September 2020
    Hi guys ty for all the messages hoped this would happen but the response i been getting is sick. Always scary to put yourself out there and try something new. I am working hard to try to work out the best way to do the best coaching i can and starting Monday with few people pencilled in. . Some v gd post above from scouse benc and others. pls if u got any questions drop me a pm even if something u wont to do in few months and just wont to get idea how it works. Nervous and excited about this but cant wait to watch some vids and smash the study. Gl at the tables this weekend lets get the lot.
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Best of luck with it @rspca12.

Do please let all your students know that cold calling 3bets with 72o is GTO. They've gotta be balanced and all that jazz ;)
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Arrogant said:

No opinons about how improving losing players is excellent for the poker economy?

So what if a very good player wants to coach a few less good players?
    Said players aren't gonna turn into RSPCA overnight.

Giving a handful of poorer players on Sky a leg up is hardly gonna see the site ecology tumble.

I'm sure you don't care but you come across terribly in this thread.
  • ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 207
    So is it good for the poker ecology or not if more players get coached?
    Arrogant said:

So is it good for the poker ecology or not if more players get coached?

It's good for the players being coached.
    It's probably good for the coach.

It's bad for entitled players.

It's a few people getting some help with their game on Sky, you're acting like he's gonna train up every player who logs on.

Seems you struggle to answer simple questions, im not sure how else i can simplify it for you
    And why do quiet a few of the replies go on about, hes only gonna train up a couple of guys and be done.
    Hes going to take on board say up to 5 guys, make a few gr
    grand, and then collect a next batch of students, while there are a bunch of other coaches doing this.So it isnt just a couple of guys is it
    Arrogant said:

grand, and then collect a next batch of students, while there are a bunch of other coaches doing this.So it isnt just a couple of guys is it

You know this how?

And so what if he does?

Pretty weird you're so obsessed about all this, and your faux care for the poker ecology is really just you worried about your bottom line.

You're not the first selfish, entitled person in poker and you won't be the last.
    All your replies are about having a dig at me, no interest in discussing anything i have brought up.If you can answer my question about the poker ecology properly with a valid reason why its good or bad, ill answer your questions.

edited September 2020
    Arrogant said:

All your replies are about having a dig at me, no interest in discussing anything i have brought up.If you can answer my question about the poker ecology properly with a valid reason why its good or bad, ill answer your questions.

RSPCA coaching a few poor/ok players to be good players, or good players to be great players, is gonna have such a tiny impact on the sites ecology that its really not worth worrying about.

Sky may be a small site but you seem ridiculously over concerned about the ecology.

And there are no guarantees that anyone he coaches actually absorbs the information and knowledge and then works it into their game. Overnight crushers aren't going to be born.

Much ado about nothing and notice how other big winners on the site are in the thread supporting him and coaching in general.

The only person 'worried' about the ecology (IE your win rate) is you.

• MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Chris isn't the first and wont be the last player to coach players that play on sky. It would be great if people kept losing and kept depositing, never improved and remained loving the game and were happy doing this. It would be great if players never improved. I don't think this is very realistic.

If people are wanting to pay Chris for coaching they are wanting to improve their game and if it wasn't Chris it would be another coach or a training site.
  • Scouse_AAScouse_AA Member Posts: 2
    it's better to coach losing players who will soon drop out of the game because they never win, to become b/e players when winning players will still win and new losing players join the playerpool.

When players lose consistently they will either join another site (because x site is rigged...) or just stop playing. So with that in mind i personally think it's better to give the losing players who will still make plenty of mistakes even after coaching to become better and have more enthusiasm in the game.

As long as winning players don;t become lazy and just rely on losing players still being in the game and actually improve their own game then all is good witht he poker economy.
  • Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 763
    thisltedu said:

The beauty to me of Skypoker is the community spirit and I love to see the better players offering coaching to the weaker ones, whether paid for or not.

This sums it up perfectly for me. As someone who is in the "weaker" pool of players, having the opportunity to be coached by a winning player can only be a positive. Unfortunately, I don't really have the money to commit to paying for it right now, but seriously don't understand why somebody would take issue with another member trying to do something beneficial for the community, regardless of how it will affect the "poker ecology".
    Poker ecology got brought up and i asked how how coaching is good for it.If im reading right a losing player who say has a budget of 1k, can deposit £500 and give the other £500 to the coach.So ecology has £500 added, and coach pocket £500 added.But the losing player has become b/e, so now ecology has nothing adding as player is neither winning or losing and the only ppl who are winning are the site with rake paid and coach with their fee.
    While taking £500 from the tables, coach gets applauded for contributing to the community.
    I fully understand any losing player wanting to get good at poker and being happy about the chance of improving.But the only people who should be congratulated on contributing to the community with helping others are the ones doing it for free, not charging you.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Do you think losing player will carry on forever losing?
    What if losing player pays £500 for coaching and enjoys the game more and loses £500 a month instead of the £1k and is happy to do that on an ongoing basis.
    We could come up with every possible scenario and that would be the only one where everyone is a winner, but thats not going to be a regular occurrence is it? Or is it?Maybe these coaches are doing a terrible job i wouldnt know.
    But the point is nearly every case, the only winners are the coach and student, and everyone else (including ALL losing/b/e players not just arrogant) take an addtional hit with having to face an extra player at the table who can beat them out of there money (when playing losing player) or reducing winrate (when facing winning player) at the tables.