You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

At what point do I trust myself/follow others?

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,626
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, Its kind of asking for strategy advice but I guess more mental game rather then actual poker play or more developmental rather than asking about particular spots.

One of my biggest challenges I would say is self doubt, poker is as far as I am aware unsolved in any game variant currently offered. by which I mean there is no known method to play completely unexploitable (GTO). Also GTO Is not necessarily optimal anyway as we may seek to exploit opponents weaknesses, which may be more profitable than playing GTO anyway.

I often hear advised for players that want to develop to watch good players play, and seek to emulate, then I see players whom I know to be decent do plays which do not look right to me.

I then have rightly or wrongly assumed that this is something over my head and sophisticated and therefore actually it is correct is this really the right way to go?

I have seen some very strong pros in some formats or game variants do plays in other formats that look terrible does this mean they are thinking on another level or does it simply mean that yes they may be a very good tournament player but maybe they suck at SNGS?

Further what if it is a good player in the specific format and the play looks strange surely people can be good players even very good players but have leaks in their game still? or maybe yes as a generic textbook of the shelf play it is terrible but maybe due to a specific player tendency/tendencies it is actually a good play?

So in studying the game and working on improving am I good enough working on ranges in pokerstove and ICMIZER + training vidoes or should I immediately be concluding this does not work for reasons I am unaware of if I do not see the better players adapting these lines?

how much can I trust my own self?

Comments