You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

RSPCA Coaching

Comments

• lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    i think you should just let @rspca12 get on with what he want to do
  • Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,529

I actually agree with @Arrogant (despite the fact he seems to knock me out of every tournament we're in together). I think offering expert coaching to players on such a small site, especially when the player pool appears to be continually reducing in size along with the tournament guarantees - is a really short-sighted approach which will harm lots of people's bottom line going forwards (yes, mine included). Perhaps this *one* coach who coaches *five* students won't have too much of an effect, but as Arrogant mentions, when this turns into one or multiple coaches working with an increasing number of students, I really believe the days of Sky Poker as we know it are coming to an increasingly rapid end. Short-termism doesn't work for anyone in the long-term... Just my two cents...

What if an already winning player gets coaching? Is it an issue then?

Lets get this completely straight... those who want to improve will improve... if that is off there own back or with the help of a coach it does not matter.

I improved from a losing player many many years ago because I had the motivation to do so.

Players who punt will always punt, because they dont have the motivation to improve and no desire to get better. They enjoy the thrill of gambling and hopefully enjoy poker... as a punt.

Winners will win at varying rates and that is a mixture of ability and motivation to improve.

Long story short those who want to get better will... and to think you can stop them by 1 or 2 people offering coaching is ridiculous.

All you need to do is flick youtube on for an hour a day now and you will become a much better player
  • TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,240
    Reading some of the anti coaching comments (almost) makes me feel I should contact those who regularly win on this site and offer them any prize/bounty money I have won thanks to some helpful advice (coaching) received recently. I am starting to feel guilty for depriving you of this money.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    This 6 day old thread about poker coaching now officially has more views than the 3 year old thread about people's mortality.

That means this thread has racked up views 15000% faster.
    Yet it still has 10k less view than the diary of a determined player

Hard work and determination wins again
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,518
    Its gone quiet over here.
  • rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 616
    The way it should be had enough drama
  • AMD68AMD68 Member Posts: 125
    @rspca12 did it do the intended job and get you any students?
  • steveyseesteveysee Member Posts: 74
    edited September 2020

This 6 day old thread about poker coaching now officially has more views than the 3 year old thread about people's mortality.

That means this thread has racked up views 15000% faster.

yea this thread has the potential to hurt a small field of community players
  • steveyseesteveysee Member Posts: 74
    If you were offering coaching on major sites and not just this tiny one it would make more sense for everyone involved, as tk mentioned pokerstars has already showed interest in buying this lot out, and as arrogant pointed out why would u want to increase a few peoples abilities in such a tiny pool, surely doesnt make sense. Gl in whatever u decide to do tho
  • chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    should people also stop giving out advice on hands on the forum too then? don't even get anything for it!

don't wanna make people better after all.

Maybe we should also stop chatting to other players on skype too.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    steveysee said:

If you were offering coaching on major sites and not just this tiny one it would make more sense for everyone involved, as tk mentioned pokerstars has already showed interest in buying this lot out, and as arrogant pointed out why would u want to increase a few peoples abilities in such a tiny pool, surely doesnt make sense. Gl in whatever u decide to do tho

rspca12 said:

Coaching has always been something i been tempted to do. time seems right to offer my services as a coach. Fell i have a v strong knowledge of sky player pool. so can help sky only grinders. But also can help sky players wishing to play other sites where the play is different to sky.

edited September 2020
    steveysee said:

Jog on u **** saying what im doing could be collusion. Im not just offering coaching just for sky. i do coaching for live guys to help online. My win rate is dropping jog on again my win rate is highest its even been. Also why dont i up my volume on other sites i do graph below of 12 months mtts on sky and off sky also around 1000 mtts not tracked on unibet and grosvenor live games..Dont u dare say what i am doing is collusion that word sticks and even though its so off point . getting sick of small minority saying **** now basically u dont like the fact u wont win anymore. Rather then getting better yourself u think u can do nothing and still win.
    edited September 2020
    Also coaching on sky been around long time. z players didnt get abuse im getting. all in all all gd just dont say what im doing is collusion. say im **** all u wont. but i have never colluded on a poker table in my life.

Wtf are you talking about @steveysee? You're one of the most irritating people on this site. Little whiney chatbox warrior who hungry to learn and studying poker is a bit more than 'giving up player notes', maybe if you ever studied poker you'd know that and not be so scared of Chris's students hurting your 5% roi in the deepstack.....

**** :D:D:D
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,518
    rspca12 said:

The way it should be had enough drama

Stay calm, and good luck with it.
  • glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    @rspca12 Good luck with the coaching, if I had time would def pay to improve, and Chris is a top player, sure good value .