You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Weekend Tournaments

I just feel there is a lack of tournaments on sky, from fri-sun sky should really think about adding extra, you have a £5bh every hour, which you could easily be made every half hour, just lower the guarantee, I think the same here for the £11bh.
Its sunday afternoon I don't work weekends, so I would be quite happy playing poker all afternoon with the football on in the background, plus I don't think sky has anything to lose, if anything a think they will gain from it (just a thought)

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810

Hi @supercrazy

I'll pass that on to the Suits.

Playing poker, one eye on the football, heaven.
  • supercrazysupercrazy Member Posts: 144
    Thanks Tikay
  • reelerreeler Member Posts: 416
    lack of tourneys are you serious . lower the gtds no way you are going to lose players. ive spoken to a few players already who are not happy with the fall in prize money . what u want is more gtds to draw in the players not chase them away.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    reeler said:

lack of tourneys are you serious . lower the gtds no way you are going to lose players. ive spoken to a few players already who are not happy with the fall in prize money . what u want is more gtds to draw in the players not chase them away.

it don't work like that
    everybody loves a big gtd we love overlay even more , its a business somebody has to pay and it's not the players
    it's a fine line and Sky have the data so just let them get on with it
    if you want big gtds play on stars with 1000s of players but even they will drop gtds if tourneys arn't performing
  • reelerreeler Member Posts: 416
    i dont want big gtd but just leave it alone there no need to reduce whats there already in prizes to add more tourneys just becuase some one is bored.
  • conroymvp1conroymvp1 Member Posts: 5
    If you want to improve sky poker MTTs you need less tournies and more value. Other competitors offer better value and thats why there are predominantly only regulars left. £5.50 = £1.5k gtd, competitor 2 dollar 2,500 dollar gtd now thats value
    edited September 2020

If you want to improve sky poker MTTs you need less tournies and more value. Other competitors offer better value and thats why there are predominantly only regulars left. £5.50 = £1.5k gtd, competitor 2 dollar 2,500 dollar gtd now thats value

@conroymvp1

Hi.

That depends how you define "value".

The £5.50 31,500 MTT here typically gets 300 entries.

The $2 $2,500 competitor typically gets 1,250 entries.

Much harder to win the 1,250 runner affair, takes longer, much greater variance, in return for bigger prize money.

The £5 one is opposite in each respect.

That's a subjective choice, neither is necessarily "better value".

Which site is that, as a matter of interest?

PS - Welcome to the Forum. I've been waiting 9 years for your debut post. Don't make me wait 9 years for the next, I'm not a young man...

Hi tikay, it was on gg poker - 668 entries plus 160 rebuys. Lasted 2.5hrs had ante as well as fast blinds. Winner got $340 for $2 buy in which i thought was pretty good. The mini hitman last night lasted longer and the winner got £220 for £5.5.
    edited September 2020
    @conroymvp1

Hi bud,

Now that IS value, I agree, but if a $2,500 MTT overlays by $1,360 you better take advantage whilst you can, no site will sustain that amount of overlay for long.

Thanks for not making me wait another 9 years for your 2nd post. ;)

• kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    Value is subjective. In your case you view fast blinds and higher potential win for a smaller buyin as good value. Other people would see what, over the long run, would provide the highest hourly or ROI as their idea of value.

The lottery costs £2 and takes about 1 minute to get them balls out. Is it good value tho?
    My view on value is not as simplistic as that - just one example thats all.

With regard to tournaments i think they have to be more targeted and attractive to existing and new customer base. Focus on what is generating higher participation and refine.