You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Poker goals

hoban01hoban01 Member Posts: 80
Just thinking of my plans for poker and thought I would ask you lot what your plans are.
Mine are hopefully by the end of next year to be in the top 10 on the sky leaderboards but as long as I have made a good amount I will live with out been in the top 10. I also want to play the WSOP main it has been a few years since I was in Vegas and I honestly have never been to a better place.

Comments

• Options
    chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 128
    Fun goal to have @hoban01. You’re likely going to need to play a lot of tournaments across the year to maximise your chance of making top 10 so a tip I would give you is to try and set yourself weekly/monthly targets of playing so many tournaments. Year long goals tend to be a lot easier to achieve if you have mini goals per se built in with it to keep you on track :)
  • Options
    Danyo0Danyo0 Member Posts: 170
    My downfall is the lack of goals I have and it;s something I need to focus on myself if I want to improve.

All I can say is that you've come to the right place for advice, alot of great poker minds on this forum. Therefore I would encourage you to share hands and spots you were unsure about for honest opions and advice to help you reach your goal.

I also 2nd chrisdonkb, volume is key.

All the best with your grind.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    GL with the goal

Top 10 is generally the high volume regs plus the odd sicko with smaller volume that has crushed ukops or Sunday majors etc.

Depends on your win rates but you need 200-250 minimum MTTs a month on average I would suggest.

I would quite like to beat the $84,192 GSmith got in 2015 but don't know if thats possible this year.
  • Options
    hoban01hoban01 Member Posts: 80
    i have a holiday booked for next week then after that my aim will be to play for 5 out of 7 days a week and hopefully this time next year will be able to say I have had a good year I think i might be to ambitious to make the top 10 but if we dont try we will never know