You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Is this too tight?

peter27peter27 Member Posts: 1,634
edited September 2020 in Poker Chat
Theory was that he could have AA or KK. No reads.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
chicknMeltSmall blind30.0030.005150.00
peter27Big blind60.0090.004185.00
Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q
JayrillerFold
SparkyKeefFold
UTRBABYFold
FormosinaRaise120.00210.005630.00
chicknMeltFold
peter27Fold
FormosinaMuck
FormosinaWin150.005780.00
FormosinaReturn60.000.005840.00

Comments

• kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Always go with your reads, nice fold.
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,699
    You don’t have any blockers tbf
  • RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
    So let me get this right.

You're sat in the BB with pocket queens and the button min raises.

So you fold .................. hmmmmmmmmmm
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,483
    edited September 2020
    Good fold IMO. He might have QQ too. So, you were only chopping at best...and may lose to the rivered flush.
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,139
    edited September 2020
    this must be a level, were you really making a cup of tea and timed out?
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    HENDRIK62 said:

this must be a level, were you really making a cup of tea and timed out?

Think he went to the fridge for a can of Corona beer, but someone had mysteriously taken them all.
  • peter27peter27 Member Posts: 1,634
    Rinkhals said:

Exactly right.

You have to look at it logically, I'm out of position and facing a raise for a significant portion of my stack (3%). Chip preservation is the name of the game!

• CrazyHorseCrazyHorse Member Posts: 1
    Great fold, you could call but unless you hit both Q's then you'll hate every flop. Better to fold and wait for a better hand/spot. Tight is right.
  • CarnageCarnage Member Posts: 48
    I think we should see what Duesenberg would advise. I suspect QQ would be an instafold tho....
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Looks like we're at level 2 or 3 of the tournament here. Bubble pressure is really ramping up by this point so it's a snap fold for me.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,269
    Villain has you covered so by playing this hand your tournament life is at risk 100% fold, well played.
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    I thought this was going to be a male version of “ does my bum look big in this “
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    edited September 2020
    peter27 said:

Rinkhals said:

Exactly right.

You have to look at it logically, I'm out of position and facing a raise for a significant portion of my stack (3%). Chip preservation is the name of the game!

Surely getting as many chips as you can is more the 'Name of the Game'. I'm not one to be advising people on how to play, but FOLDING Q-Q's on your BB when you've only got to put 60 more chips in.......

I don't think you'd see Lollo and co. FOLDING this Peter @peter27 ..... not even on 'the Bubble', after a min.raise

Does this mean you only play K-K and A-A and maybe A-K on your BB if there's been any kind of RAISE?
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    Even if you KNEW the person had AA, calling is still better than folding at that stack depth...
  • Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Essexphil said:

Even if you KNEW the person had AA, calling is still better than folding at that stack depth...

But what if there was a Queen on the flop but we knew if we got the chips in the middle an Ace would come on the river?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,807
    II'm not sure if I'm missing an in-joke, but here goes...

I'd look at this the other way round. We say we have no reads, so let's assume - until we learn otherwise - that Villain is at least average.

Everyone folds to Villain on the Button. What hands would he NOT bet with here? He bets - or should bet - his entire range, in fact he'd likely bet any two.

• kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    It is a joke, no doubt about it, otherwise OP would never leave the house for fear of a tile falling on his head.
  • fishhhhhfishhhhh Member Posts: 61
    GTO approved....... unless the 72 rule is in place, then I'd call and pray to get to a cheap showdown, folding to any further sign of aggression.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,807

It is a joke, no doubt about it, otherwise OP would never leave the house for fear of a tile falling on his head.

@kapowblamz

I'd bet good money the OP is serious. 100% he's serious.

I believe some of the replies are a little tongue-in-cheek though...