You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Was this Haysie?

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430

Broadband: Old TV caused village broadband outages for 18 months

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54239180

Comments

• Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    Def not. He woulda refused to switch off & insist everyone else in village get a tv like his..
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,114
    I blame the engineers.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

I am surprised that you failed to work into this story that an old codger was to blame, rather than an old tv.
  • Options
    Glenelg said:

Def not. He woulda refused to switch off & insist everyone else in village get a tv like his..

Unfair, I dont want people thinking I am stubborn.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

The culprit was much older than me.

Revealed: Pensioners whose ageing TV set sent out rogue signal that blocked village's broadband at 7am every day for 18 months

Alun, 67, and Elaine Rees (pictured together, left), 63, were unaware that their old 16' Bush TV had been leaving their neighbours with poor broadband connectivity at 7am every day in the village of Aberhosan, Powys, Mid Wales (right). The 18-month mystery saw baffled BT workers replace a large section of cable that served the village, which is home to around 400 people, in a bid to fix the mystery issue. After exhausting their options, they were forced to call in the Openreach Chief Engineer team, a crack team described as the company's 'SAS', in a bid to fix the problem. The team found the 'electrical noise' responsible was due to the couple's TV set.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    edited September 2020
    You can't hide under that wig Tony @HAYSIE ...... though it does make you look younger :D
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

You can't hide under that wig Tony @HAYSIE ...... though it does make you look younger :D

Dont show the "Do You Know The Woman" thread to Mrs Misty, as she will be extremely distressed over such a horrible waste of perfectly good wine.
  • Options
    HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 897
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

Dont show the "Do You Know The Woman" thread to Mrs Misty, as she will be extremely distressed over such a horrible waste of perfectly good wine.
    I'm trying to find the wine in picture and where she is putting it .. this must be a past dinner date with you two and someone had a party trick that I've not been told about with the wine .. or just me being weird .. as I've stayed at jezzas house and nothing weird happened with the prosecco apart from it got drank is there something you need to tell us HAYSIE when you drink wine

• Options
    HANSON said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

I'm trying to find the wine in picture and where she is putting it .. this must be a past dinner date with you two and someone had a party trick that I've not been told about
    with the wine .. or just me being weird .. as I've stayed at jezzas house and nothing weird happened with the prosecco apart from it got drank is there something you need to tell us HAYSIE when you drink wine

I never drink wine.
  • Options
    RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
    So what I wan to know is did they get a new tv bought them? If so might have to get in touch with them to see what make of Bush TV it was lol