You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Quarantine diaries

aynaricolaynaricol Member Posts: 319
edited September 2020 in Poker Chat
Hello everyone! So for those who remember me, I disappeared off to France back in July. Now I'm back, and despite a last minute detour to Portugal, I've found myself in two weeks of quarantine. So what better to do than play poker and write about it?

I left my account with £65 in it back in July, and so that was nice to come back to as a starting bankroll. I've been back since Saturday evening so 3 days down, 11 to go!

I'll try and start tracking what I'm actually doing from tomorrow, but here's an outline of my last few days:

Comments

• Options
    I've mostly been playing .10/.20 spin ups with some MTTs thrown in, not really touching the DYMs at the moment.

Bankroll has been up and down a lot, starting at £65 it has been down to £3 and up to £130. Luckily I'm at the better end of that at the moment. I was down to £40 on Sunday before FTing in a 5.50BH for about £40, then ran that down again. I was bouncing between £30 and £65 from Sunday until today but this morning I managed to run that down to about £3. Put £2 into a spin up and got up to about £15, and then up to £20. Decided to go for the mini and came 16th (I actually feel like I could have done better but at the same time was delighted with that) for a profit of £23, hit another spin up for a profit of £12, and then noticed there was a 5.50 TBH starting in two minutes so decided to join.

Ran pretty well, FT bubble I ended up all in with 45 with 57A5 on the board. Villain shows AA. He had me covered two times so I thought that's it, I'm out. 5 on the river. Luckily he took it in good spirits, and in the end it was down to us two. Great heads up, went back and forth and on for a long time but I got there in the end, bringing in just over £80. So my bankroll that was down to £3 at about 5.30 this afternoon is now at a nice £130. Also, weird but I feel like I've had quads in the last few days a significant amount more than usual. Not that I'm complaining!

Anyway it's nice to be back, good luck at the tables everyone and I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of me over the next few weeks!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,475

Gotta love quads.

Welcome back.
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Welcome back! Was surprised and glad to see you with an enormous stack in the Mini last night.
  • Options
    DrudkhDrudkh Member Posts: 113
    ^ Living the dream with all that big pot poker ammo
  • Options
    NOSTRI said:

Welcome back! Was surprised and glad to see you with an enormous stack in the Mini last night.

Thanks @NOSTRI :) unfortunately dwindled it away needlessly but enjoyed myself nonetheless!
  • Options
    Today was a very long day poker-wise, the weather being bad I couldn't even go and sit in the garden so was stuck in my room all day.

Had a bit of a frustrating time in the MTTs I played, with quite a few tables with very sticky opponents. Had an ok run in a BH this morning and took a few bounties, but didn't make it ITM in any the whole day until my very last one. Went back and forth between the spin ups and the MTTs, and there was a huge difference in my results in the two. Thought I was going to end up down for the day but just finished first in a 15 minute timed tourney to bring in £23, leaving me £14 in profit for the day. Happy days :)

MTTs:
    Staked: £48
    Return:£30.33
    Loss: £17.67

Cash:
    Staked £46
    Return:£77.96
    Profit: £31.96

Total profit:£14.29
    Current bankroll: £144.66
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    So ended up having a horrible few days and ran my bankroll right back down to nearly 0 again. Got very very spewy especially at the spin up tables, and just couldn't seem to play at all anymore. Put myself on a time out on saturday so I didn't play the whole day, and then started all over again today having a bad day. Ran my bankroll down to £4.84, and decided to put £3 of that into a sheriff all in satellite. Won that, woohoo! I've won a few satellites into the bigger tournaments but I will admit I've always done terribly in them, never even taking a bounty.

Sheriff started pretty averagely, I was hovering just below starting chip value. Then came my massive breakthrough, ended up 4 way all in on the flop, straight vs set vs set vs overpair. Pretty brutal for everyone involved, but my straight held, only got one bounty out of it but I was up to more than triple starting chips, and a few hands later I hit another straight on the flop, all-in, another bounty and I took the chip lead by a long way. I did stay in front for a long time but eventually lost the lead. Still made it to the FT in 3rd place, unfortunately got knocked out in 4th with AA < 97, but hey, I am not in any position at all to complain (note how much money I had in my account at this point)

So absolutely thrilled to bits. Let’s just try not run that down to 0 again

• Options
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Well played.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,364
    Welcome back.

Delighted for you
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited September 2020
    Love it
    That’s my kind of
    bankroll management!

Vwp
  • Options
    Thanks everyone :) who needs bankroll management anyway? :D

(just kidding, I am going to be a bit more careful from now on)
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Not much to report from the last few days... I did withdraw £100 because a. I didn't want to run back down to 0 and lose everything and b. I'm getting my hair done next week and it's going to be expensive. I did then manage to run my bankroll lower than should be acceptable considering I won £270 a few days ago, but had a bit of a better day today so back up to still lower than I would like, but better than I was this morning.

Won the first tourney I played today - a 3.30 BH for about £45, and had a couple of good runs on the spin ups, the best being £2 up to £18. I won an all in sat to the main and I was running not too bad, and in the mini at the same time, but busted in both within minutes of each other. Finished the day with my favourite tournament, the 22.15 rebuy (the "Roy Invitational") in which I came 4th for £14 (one place worse than yesterday).

Anyway, now, bring on streak week! Unfortunately (well, fortunately, but bad timing) I'm out of quarantine from saturday and have a busy week, so won't be able to put in as much volume as I did last time round, but hopefully I can come even vaguely close to how I did in april, with a 2nd and a joint 1st in the 1.10s. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Not really much to report from the last few days. Again just going through a bad patch, seems like I'm getting rivered on every single all-in where I'm ahead, but I know I'm making it out to be more than it is. Just frustrated, that's all! Streak week isn't going well so far - my tactic last time was basically to stick mostly to turbos and then go to the regulars if I had a good streak going, but I'm struggling to get past 3 or 4 right now.

On the bright side, out of quarantine today, it was very nice to be outside and back in the real world!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Here's one hand that really annoyed me today. Villain was donk betting every hand when he had any pair, and had seen him fire a couple of massive overbets which were called and turned out to be bluffs, so when he checked the flop and jammed the turn I was pretty confident he had nothing. I was right, but oh that river...

I'm guessing I should have c-bet the flop but I had been c-betting quite a lot so decided not to this hand

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Rogrc6Small blind75.0075.009950.00
    SplencyBig blind150.00225.005030.00
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A
    aynaricolRaise450.00675.005670.00
    Bazsa74Fold
    cherryboyFold
    Rogrc6Call375.001050.009575.00
    SplencyCall300.001350.004730.00
    Flop