You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

I finaly gone and did it

acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Yup, had my first live tourny at Naps, met Hurst05, went out either 12 or 13th out of 40, so very happy indeed Hurst05 was still in, hoping he wins it.

Comments

• Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited March 2010

well done m8y u enjoyed it thats the main thing ,

all heil king baz top man !
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited March 2010
    nice 1 baz, live poker is fun and can be good to get out from behind the computer screen for a while!

decent run aswell to say it your first live event.
  • Options
    BowieBoyBowieBoy Member Posts: 266
    edited March 2010
    nice one barry.....
  • Options
    Mr_MiyagiMr_Miyagi Member Posts: 2,031
    edited March 2010
    was it you in Germany on the news bazza?
  • Options
    TP_NutterTP_Nutter Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2010
    nice one and not bad for your first live game. Good fun aint it :)
  • Options
    Action_DanAction_Dan Member Posts: 341
    edited March 2010
    Nice result Barry - there's something so magical about sitting at the table, with chips and cards at your fingertips! Once you get over the initial nerves and worries about acting out of turn/string betting etc, you really can't beat the experience...
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited March 2010
    gaaaah tell you what, feel hard done by but i did get very lucky early on, lol

first things first, ran into 8-8-8-8 against the loosest player ever lol

put me down to 2.5k blinds 100/200

5-3 off on button raised to 600, 2 callers, flop J-8-2, goes check check, i think, then go allin :) both call, wooops gg lol ends up allin, one has 9-q OMG and other has something like 7-9 OMG again. 

J-8-2-6

J-8-2-6-4 haha thankyou very much trebled upto over 7.5k started with 6k

then got 8-2 sb, no raise but alot of limpers, i call. flop 8-2-3

i bet. and one of my mates calls, 8-2-3-5, i bet, he goes allin, i call, he turns over 7-8, he doesnt improve and i knock him out,

sit and wait for a bit, pick up J-10 in sb (gotta love this small ball poker) no raisers again

flop 8-9-Q god bless you. long story short me vs guy alin on turn, he had flush draw and missed. very nice stack. 

had a couple of hands beat A-K with J-10 suited allin pre, i had very big stack vs him so. then i hit flush vs a flopped straight. made final table

sat down, first hand 88 on BB, sb limps, i raised to 12,000 blinds 2k/4k he calls

flop 7-3-2, he checks, i bet 15k, he goes insta allin, after taking along time to think i fold and he shows AA, good fold but i lost alot, put me down to 5 bb's

anyway, blinds up to 3k/6k i have 19k UTG a-9, have to do it so i do. knowing if i get a call im probably in bad shape, i get a call by a very bad player it has to be said, he turns over a-7 suited diamonds

im delighted, couldnt have asked for a better situation, anyway typical flop of Qd-9h-5d turn Qs river 6d (good night) got my money back and enjoyed it, just feel a bit hard done by and felt good.

ha barry gave me a suprise when i found out he was sat a couple of seats to my left, didnt really get a hand all night but you stuck in and got unlucky with A-9 i think vs 10-2 i think, 

i think AJS said on another thread the standard of play is terrible, not wrong, there was some very dodgy play, and never bluff :( haha coz they call an allin with gutshot draws

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Ouch, unlucky, and it was a pleasure to meet you last night.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,470
    edited March 2010
    In Response to I finaly gone and did it:
    Yup, had my first live tourny at Naps, met Hurst05, went out either 12 or 13th out of 40, so very happy indeed Hurst05 was still in, hoping he wins it.
    Posted by acebarry10
    Well done Barry - and as someone said, NOTHING beats Live Poker. Try to play more Live poker, it's the real deal.
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited March 2010
    you to barry well played
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: I finaly gone and did it:
    In Response to I finaly gone and did it : Well done Barry - and as someone said, NOTHING beats Live Poker. Try to play more Live poker, it's the real deal.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you tikay, when I can afford it, I will definitely play again.
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,324
    edited March 2010
    Well done you two.

Live Poker is fun.

However I didn't know you could play at Nudes A Popping festivals.
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2010
    Well done you two. Live Poker is fun. However I didn't know you could play at Nudes A Popping festivals.
    Posted by vaigret
    Nudes A Popping lol

Carlsberg don't do festivals..... but if they did, it would be nudes a popping lol
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited March 2010
    In Response to I finaly gone and did it : Well done Barry - and as someone said, NOTHING beats Live Poker. Try to play more Live poker, it's the real deal.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Speak for your self lool