You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The best moment in sport you've ever watched?

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810

This moment was so famous & memorable that I don't even need to tell you who or where. It was awesome, the way the ball appeared to stop just shy....teeter.....then drop in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbNLqVCAG5s

Comments

• MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    edited October 2020
    TIGER's win was amazing, but for me and my LOVE of Horse Racing it's a real toss-up between my favourite horse of all time, DESERT ORCHID winning the 1989 GOLD CUP and RED RUM winning his third Grand National in 1977

I think 'Dessie' just pips it :)
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Ali dropping Foreman in Zaire
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    edited October 2020
    Easy. Liverpool 3-3 AC Milan. Istanbul. Tho overcoming Barcelona 2 years ago was pretty close.

In horse racing I had my biggest ever win when Imperial Commander bested Denman in the Gold Cup a few years back. I had the house on him and the way he won so majestically was beautiful to watch. I almost cried when he overtook Denman in style.
  • gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    MISTY4ME said:

TIGER's win was amazing, but for me and my LOVE of Horse Racing it's a real toss-up between my favourite horse of all time, DESERT ORCHID winning the 1989 GOLD CUP and RED RUM winning his third Grand National in 1977

I think 'Dessie' just pips it :)

100%red rum dessie cost me a fortune i was on yahoo at massive prices hit's the front jumping 2out we all new dessie not get up the hill ohhhhhhhhhh ffs.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    Winning 5-0 in the FA Cup semi final whoda thunk it
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    edited October 2020
    Oh my, way too many.
    When Sol went up to lift the FA Cup, Lucky enough to be in Sydney watching when Darren Gough took an Ashes Hat Trick, seeing Pompey beat the Scum 4-1 home and away.
    Moments watched on TV, Wilkinson drops for World Cup glory, the four ICC cricketing World Cup wins. England giving the Dutch a lesson in football as we believed football was coming home. Any time we beat the Yanks @ golf, the only time I really watch golf at all. Any time a Brit wins a medal, but especially gold at the Olympics, remember jumping up and down screaming at the TV trying to give Sir Steve Redgrave and Mathew Pinsent some energy going towards the line that final time. Barry Davies asking the question “ where were the Germans , but frankly who cares? “ as Sherwani scored the killer third , Kelly Holmes wild eyed and finally understanding just how good she was.
    Like I said way too many to list them all.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,012
    As pompeynic says, there a loads of suggestions. But, one that always stands out for me was super Saturday at the London Olympics in 2012. Ennis, Rutherford and Farah all winning gold in the space of an hour or so. The atmosphere in the stadium that night was electric and I had goosebumps sitting at home watching it. Amazing scenes.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,426
    WHAT! you expect from me.........

https://youtu.be/W6I2-YP42rs?t=10

• RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
    @goldon Class lol
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Balotelli.....

Aguerooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821

Balotelli.....

Followed by the shots of Sir Alex Ferguson on the pitch at the Riverside eh @hhyftrftdr
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited October 2020
    pompeynic said:

Balotelli.....

Followed by the shots of Sir Alex Ferguson on the pitch at the Riverside eh @hhyftrftdr
    Think you have your north east stadia mixed up ;) twas the Stadium Of Light, and it was great to see Sunderland fans feasting on the occasion.

The highlight is the woman who is clapping in the away end, then suddenly stops and shoots a glare to her left at the home fans, who have just started cheering.

If you've seen it, you know exactly who I mean.

Edit....this bint. If you play the footage in slow motion, you can actually pinpoint the exact moment her heart breaks.

• GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,541
    Im a big athletics fan & was lucky enough to be present when Daniel Komen (not a household name) broke 8 mins for running. 2 x miles...
  • edrichedrich Member Posts: 1,891
    The two that I was able to watch live, and that immediately sprung to mind for me were..

Arsenal needing to win 2-0, and doing so at Anfield, to win the first division in a stand alone match at the end of the season in 1989.

Also Man United winning the 1999 Champions League final 2-1, with two very late goals against Bayern Munich, when they were outplayed for the entire game.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,212
    Helicopter Sunday what a day - night - week, and I bet Motherwell, still get goosebumps when I think about it, great times.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296

pompeynic said:

Balotelli.....

Think you have your north east stadia mixed up ;) twas the Stadium Of Light, and it was great to see Sunderland fans feasting on the occasion.

The highlight is the woman who is clapping in the away end, then suddenly stops and shoots a glare to her left at the home fans, who have just started cheering.

If you've seen it, you know exactly who I mean.

Edit....this bint. If you play the footage in slow motion, you can actually pinpoint the exact moment her heart breaks.

You mean this one? Lmfao..

https://youtu.be/4bWJ7IMTTJQ
    Just thought I'd fling some of these that are stuck in the back of my mind.....

Mark Spitz 72 Olympics ( which get remembered for different reasons ).
    87 Ryder Cup. (Europe's first win in America).
    86 Lloyd Honeyghan battering Cobra Curry.
    Coe v Ovett, great races.
    88 Sandy Lyle winning the Masters (What a bunker shot).
    81 Shergar winning the Derby. (I bet Glint of Gold).
    91 Masters Stephen Hendry beating Mike Hallet 9-8 when he was 7-0 down.

85/86 Me playing Silvino Francisco at Butlins Skegness, I was on holiday and won a wee snooker tourney (there was only 1/2 dozen people playin) the winner got to play him.
    I decided to get a few halves before wee played which in hindsight was probably a mistake, we played one game, From the break he was playin safe I think he was tryin to take the **** (am hopeless,at the time my highest break was 30) he gubbed me, the game seemed to take ages, at the the end I went to shake his hand and he dummied me, I was goin to skelp him with the cue but my mate stopped me which was probably for the best, he was a miserable shite.
    Big Slim Jim v England 1967...............
    https://youtu.be/AqhNqNtCinM