You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Dirty Secrets Of American Food.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,509
edited October 2020 in The Rail

Coming to a supermarket near you? American pork is SIX times more likely to contain salmonella than the British variety, claims study amid fears over food standards in a US-UK trade deal
E. coli allegedly found in 90% of turkey products destined for US supermarkets
US pork up to six times more likely to have salmonella than UK pork, study claims
13% of pork samples tested for salmonella in US meat were positive for bacteria
E. coli was also found by experts in 80% of chicken, 70% of beef and 60% of pork
Preliminary results of US study be aired in Channel 4 Dispatches at 8pm tonight

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8830885/Channel-4-documentary-claims-E-Coli-90-turkeys.html

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/videos/262906481732583/

Comments

• RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
    I watched a programme on tv a while back now about the food industry in America. It's absolutely shocking how disgusting filthy their processing plants are. By comparison I had a job in a plant that made pasties and pies. When the meat used to arrive there where dedicated inspectors who'd take a sample and if it didn't meet the required standard the entire batch would be refused regardless of it meaning production would stop.

The place was immaculately clean as well. Every machine was scrubbed down and washed at set times during the day along with ad hoc inspections to make sure the area was clean and free from any kind of contaminents.

I was really shocked when I saw the filth in those American processing plants. I don't care how cheap it is, if I see produced in the USA on any food item that contains meat I know I won't be bbuying it.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,509
    Compulsory viewing for meat eaters.
    Vegans are exempt, but they maybe interested in the fruit and veg bit.
    Rinkhals said:

I watched a programme on tv a while back now about the food industry in America. It's absolutely shocking how disgusting filthy their processing plants are. By comparison I had a job in a plant that made pasties and pies. When the meat used to arrive there where dedicated inspectors who'd take a sample and if it didn't meet the required standard the entire batch would be refused regardless of it meaning production would stop.

The place was immaculately clean as well. Every machine was scrubbed down and washed at set times during the day along with ad hoc inspections to make sure the area was clean and free from any kind of contaminents.

I was really shocked when I saw the filth in those American processing plants. I don't care how cheap it is, if I see produced in the USA on any food item that contains meat I know I won't be bbuying it.

I watched the one they did on chickens, and that was bad.
    Yeah I think that was the one I watched. It was about salmonella and how often people get it in the states. I can't say I'm surprised with how none existant their food safety is. The plant I saw looked like it hadn't been cleaned, yet alone deep cleaned, in years.

Utterly gross with raw chicken and blood all over the floor.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    Thankfully we've got a Minister with a social conscience regarding animal welfare and food standards

Sorry no...he voted TWICE against the bill.....corrupt Toryterwat!
    @HAYSIE Perhaps this should be on the Brexit thread under the title of " be careful what you wish/vote for?..." OHNO sorry world, just given Haysie a new Brexit idea! :#
    madprof said:

@HAYSIE Perhaps this should be on the Brexit thread under the title of " be careful what you wish/vote for?..." OHNO sorry world, just given Haysie a new Brexit idea! :#

Dont start me off.
    madprof said:

Thankfully we've got a Minister with a social conscience regarding animal welfare and food standards

And another one....where's your gun when you need it?....
    madprof said:

I wonder how many will want to get back in as soon as we are properly out?
    madprof said:
    If only you could trust any of them.

I am sure Boris was just as sincere when he signed the Withdrawal Agreement, and secured his oven ready deal.
    "oven ready?"

So f ucking ironic in the context of this topic....none of these rich, corrupt w ankers will be buying these meats...they won't have this in their Harrods and Fortnum & Mason hampers they will be gifted from grateful Tory donors/recipients of decisions/funding....

Jenrick's home will be flooded with ' gifts' I'm sure

I rarely buy a ready meal...some of them are good value and taste good- not now!
    Rinkhals said:

Sorry to say...its unlikely you will know the country of source of eg chicken in a ready meal as if its processed here, they wont label it as such...They do positively label products if they use british meats...look at the McDonalds ads

If the farm food/Tesco/Asda etc horse lasagne was a problem before....
    madprof said:

Rinkhals said:

Sorry to say...its unlikely you will know the country of source of eg chicken in a ready meal as if its processed here, they wont label it as such...They do positively label products if they use british meats...look at the McDonalds ads

If the farm food/Tesco/Asda etc horse lasagne was a problem before....
    I don't eat ready meals I buy raw ingredients and cook my own food. I've Asperger's and I'm really finicky about what I eat. On every pack of meat / chicken you'll see it says country of origin as well as "packaged in".
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Chlorinated cleansed chicken. Yum yum.
    Very popular in Vegas.

• chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    chilling said:

Chlorinated cleansed chicken. Yum yum.
    Very popular in Vegas.

Which one is you?