You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bolton manager apologises for telling goalkeeper Billy Crellin to 'man up'

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,172

This story blew me away.

We can no longer say, & presumably not think either - the expression "man up".

Really?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54686978

Comments

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,541
    Man up Oops! just said. Grow up Step up Shut up ...... it's all up.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    Tikay10 said:

This story blew me away.

We can no longer say, & presumably not think either - the expression "man up".

Really?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54686978

I agree , folks getting outraged over a saying that most young lads get told somewhere in their lives but I think he should have said it privately, in the dressing room or in training rather than saying it in a public domain imho
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,231
    People are scared to say what they want to say incase the twitterati attack them, it's crazy, If they were to come into my local (If it was open) they're heid would explode with some of the conversations they would hear.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,172
    rabdeniro said:

People are scared to say what they want to say incase the twitterati attack them, it's crazy, If they were to come into my local (If it was open) they're heid would explode with some of the conversations they would hear.

@rabdeniro

I doubt they'd understand a word.
  • Options
    Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    Tikay10 said:

rabdeniro said:

@rabdeniro

I doubt they'd understand a word.

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
    Also, are people so thin skinned these days we have to have warnings before and after tv programs?

"If you've been affected by the issues raised in tonights program blah blah blah"

If Emmerdale is going to upset you, don't watch it or man up!