You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Why is Christmas such a big deal

HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 896
I'm hoping people really think about the ? before answering ... for me its just another day that brings my bank account down and shops accounts up .. i do love buying my kids presents and seeing there faces light up even thou my youngest is now 18 but then again i help my children out all year round its what you do ( And i have 5 children ) ... I'm not religious' but for those that do believe its your choice and i respect you for your choice, we all have different outlooks and beliefs which everyone should respect and expect.

Some will think what a idiot i am but really what is Christmas all about ?

How many of you actually go to church every week ? or is just excuse to spend on eating drinking and to impress others at how much you spend ? for something that is supposed to be a religious event.

I'm very surprised that that anyone can think bribing children is a good idea especially as the church has a history of hiding the truth about child abuse but yeah lets teach that GOD and JESUS and there ways are correct and we should always believe what we are told by the vicars and priests to me sounds very familiar to Mohammad and Muslims and people are more than happy to think religion no matter what is correct ..

so carry on celebrate something that will cover up everything as long as your money keeps rolling into their bank accounts..

I doubt very much when Jesus walked out of that cave there was a Bunny Rabbit offering him a chocolate Egg , i can only presume Cadbury's representative was .....

Comments

• madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    HANSON said:

I'm hoping people really think about the ? before answering ... for me its just another day that brings my bank account down and shops accounts up .. i do love buying my kids presents and seeing there faces light up even thou my youngest is now 18 but then again i help my children out all year round its what you do ( And i have 5 children ) ... I'm not religious' but for those that do believe its your choice and i respect you for your choice, we all have different outlooks and beliefs which everyone should respect and expect.

Some will think what a idiot i am but really what is Christmas all about ?

How many of you actually go to church every week ? or is just excuse to spend on eating drinking and to impress others at how much you spend ? for something that is supposed to be a religious event.

I'm very surprised that that anyone can think bribing children is a good idea especially as the church has a history of hiding the truth about child abuse but yeah lets teach that GOD and JESUS and there ways are correct and we should always believe what we are told by the vicars and priests to me sounds very familiar to Mohammad and Muslims and people are more than happy to think religion no matter what is correct ..

so carry on celebrate something that will cover up everything as long as your money keeps rolling into their bank accounts..

I doubt very much when Jesus walked out of that cave there was a Bunny Rabbit offering him a chocolate Egg , i can only presume Cadbury's representative was .....

Hey Will ( @HANSON ) You miserable g it!

I think you got out of bed the wrong side? How do I know?? You're wearing @MISTY4ME pink, furry slippers
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Christmas is what you make of it. Some make more of it than others.
    I used to look forward to a break from work, and that’s all.
    Then the wait for Boxing Day at Kempton.
    I suppose for many this year, it will be a nice break from furlough.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,418
    Double money for Choir Boy's singing in Church at Christmas ...... lucky the Vicar didn't fancy me due to me spots and pimples. Christmas is for the Children sole cleansing for some, others pain in the neck. Let me be the first to wish you......

MERRY CHRISTMAS & Slap HAPPY NEW YEAR.