You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Pubs.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,866
edited April 2020 in The Rail

Comments

• lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,010
    Some wasn't even shut in the first place,one near me was still 'open' to regulars behind closed doors and curtained windows.He got reported and Police paid him a visit to put a stop to it.His response was to tell his customers in future to use to back entrance so they wouldn't be seen going in,he got reported again and another Police visit.I don't know if he's going for the hatrick or not.There's no getting through to some people how serious this situation is.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,866
    lucy4 said:

Some wasn't even shut in the first place,one near me was still 'open' to regulars behind closed doors and curtained windows.He got reported and Police paid him a visit to put a stop to it.His response was to tell his customers in future to use to back entrance so they wouldn't be seen going in,he got reported again and another Police visit.I don't know if he's going for the hatrick or not.There's no getting through to some people how serious this situation is.

Coronavirus: Police called to single house 30 times in a month over flouting of lockdown restrictions
    Officers have now slapped property with closure order — legal device normally used to shut down troubled pubs and clubs

Police in Cheshire have been called to a single house 30 times over coronavirus lockdown rules being broken, it has emerged.
    Officers have repeatedly had to visit the property in Widnes because of groups of people gathering there for day-long parties.

Now, after multiple fines apparently failed to deter visitors, Cheshire Police have slapped the home with a closure order — a legal device normally used to shut down troubled pubs and clubs.

It means the property’s tenant will be committing a crime, and face six months prison time, should anyone else be found at the house in the next three months.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-lockdown-rules-broken-police-widnes-cheshire-a9483596.html
    lucy4 said:

An update to this landlord who continued to open his pub during the first lock down,despite numerous visits from the Police.Having recently fallen ill and spending 16 days on a ventilator with COVID he died at the weekend.
    lucy4 said:

lucy4 said:

An update to this landlord who continued to open his pub during the first lock down,despite numerous visits from the Police.Having recently fallen ill and spending 16 days on a ventilator with COVID he died at the weekend.
    Sh1t.
    HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

lucy4 said:

Sh1t.
    He was a nice bloke who would help anyone out if he could,his reasons for defying the lock down were that he was losing too much money and getting in to debt having to still pay all the costs involved in running the pub.
    I forgot to add that the pub mysteriously burnt down about 6 weeks ago.
    lucy4 said:

I forgot to add that the pub mysteriously burnt down about 6 weeks ago.

Very suspicious.
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    “ Should we open the pubs, uh?“

• chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Yeeeeaaaahhhh!