You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

3rd Challenge's the Charm - Road to 200NL

2»

Comments

• loosecamelloosecamel Member Posts: 152
    LARSON7 said:

Well done on moving up the stakes so quickly.

Gl with the tournaments - all you have to do is be the last player standing :)

Thanks for the input Larson - and if only it were that easy :p

Week 3 done:

On the face of it a decent week, but I have had far too many unbelievably tilting sessions. Talked to a few of the cash regs and asked what their worst downswings were and what a standard downswing is. Answers varied from 20-30 to up to 54 which I'll admit scared the f**k out of me. I get tilted after losing 5 buy ins, I have no idea what kind of havoc a 54 buyin swing would bring me lol. But, with that in mind, I need to just buck up and stop being a little princess when it comes to losing a few buy ins and keep a level head.

The good news is I have actually breached my 20 buy-in goal and am currently dancing around it now - currently sitting at 19.5. I reached 21 bi last weekend but decided I'm going to push the threshold up to 25 bi. I don't really know why, just feel I have some unfinished business at 20nl.

- Run 10 Equilab calcs [0/7]
    - Go through and review top 5 winning and top 5 losing pots after every session [1/7]

Been lazy with hand reviews, ergh, will do that more next week. Been doing a lot of tourny stuff with UKOPS round the corner. Taking today off bar the freeroll to try and have a more clear head for the start of the series.

GL

LC
    Idk, clicking buttons

And more button mashing.. Sometimes lucky lol

Super sus, can't fold tho

Meh

The ol' double x/r

Aaaaand an oopsie, shouldn't be re-raising river

Idk if b/b/b is better or c/r turn, I think I like this

GL in UKOPS

LC
    Another week down, another update;

Topsy-turvy week but a good one all round. Been spending half my volume at 50nl now but still playing 20/30nl too. UKOPS has been a massive spanking so I haven't wanted to drop the 20nl games quite yet as I quite frankly need the BR boost.

50nl is considerably harder with significantly more aggressive and all round better regs than 20/30nl. But it is very fun sitting at tables with a sea of red tags :D I still feel fairly comfortable at 50nl although I want to do a bit more work on 3b'ing and 3b calling ranges from various positions as often I am going a bit off-piste and winging many spots. Hasn't ended too badly. It's pretty fortunate that in my first couple sessions at 50nl I absolutely sunrunned which helped as the tables were particularly hard those sessions. Last couple late night sessions I haven't quite run as well, but the tables were considerably better. It's funny how that works sometimes..

Harder to calculate exactly how many buy-ins I am up as I have been mixing 20/30/50nl tables, so my original benchmarks for moving up may as well be out the window and moving up will be about confidence levels and BR. Having said that, to my rough calcs I am currently sitting 41 BI up. May the upswing continue.

- Run 10 Equilab calcs [0/7]
    - Go through and review top 5 winning and top 5 losing pots after every session [0/7]

Super lazy re studying, have only been working on tournament stuff, although that seemingly hasn't helped as I've seen 0 success in UKOPS. Definitely starting to feel worn down after the series but will push on and looking forward to next week where I can have a break.

As per, hands to follow

GL

LC
    is not for value lol

big brain moves, or small brain, idk..but i got a big heart

oopsie

gott'em

Thought this was an interesting spot, vs decent reg, probably have to call one, apparently they had 910hh (??) veeeeery interesting

I don't always turn JJ into a bluff, but when I do it's when villain is super capped and I am not..vs v good reg

vs the same v good reg.. a very rare limped pot bvb lol pretty fortunate result

Tune in to next week of Camel button bashing and trying not to go broke

GL

LC
    It's been nearly a month so thought it was time to give this an update. Pretty tough month all round, ukops and mini ukops were on the whole a car crash and at the same time I was running and playing bad on the cash streets.

Graph so far:

Had a pretty defeatist attitude between session 55-70 so I'm not particularly surprised by the results. A lot of those sessions were at 50nl so that dip is more exaggerated in the profit graph compared to the buy-in graph. I took a break from cash for about a week between 70-80 when it was mini-ukops with profit differences being the occasional late night spin up or inaccuracies from tournament results inputted into my spreadsheet.

Since mini-ukops I've returned to the safety of 20 and 30nl where things have been looking up recently. I may or may not have punted a stack at £5/£10bb spins last night so I put myself on the naughty step today for that - badcamel.

Studying has been so-so, have done more 3b range work and feel more confident with various positions in those spots and have started using a randomiser sometimes when I can be bothered, although it's probably not particularly needed and often I ignore it and 3b a spot anyway even if I roll differently 'cus yolo. Still want to study more postflop situations but finding it hard to find material on it without going into the realms of solvers, which for the time being seem a bit much for the stakes I'm currently playing.

No idea when I'm going to venture up to 50nl again, but for the time being I'll arbitrarily say when I've won 100 buy-ins. I took out a large portion of my roll for next few months life expenses so don't exactly have the roll to properly grind 50nl quite yet.

Well done for reading this far and good luck at the tables - as usual some hands from the last month.

LC

thank you

No idea if this is a good triple barrel, do I barrel AK/AQ here? Probably not. Do I have flushes? I guess so, Kd is nice to have

I like bluffing w. KQo apparantly

Felt like a draw, i was right...this time..

Bin

Probably not great turning TP into a bluff but if it works it works

Sometimes get caught :blush:

vs. a very, very drunken duesenberg....

Might start doing biggest pot won and lost too to cap off the library of hands i'll spam, so heres this month's biggest lost (apart from the 5/10 spins punt last night...) puke

Biggest win, #sometimeslucky

...and one more bonus hand lol

Hopefully these hands are fun to read rather than a bore but there ya have it

Tune in for the next episode of, in Tikay's words, a two-toed something ungulate clicking buttons

GL

LC
  • RemainerRemainer Member Posts: 23
    All the best with the challenge. A nice guy at the tables who is working hard at his game. You deserve success.*

(* not at my expense).
    Remainer said:

All the best with the challenge. A nice guy at the tables who is working hard at his game. You deserve success.*

(* not at my expense).

Thanks Remainer much appreciated, hope to be 3betting you at the tables soon :D
    edited December 2020
    Had another pretty good week to kick off December. Monday started off with a ridiculous session gaining 20 buy-ins at 20/30nl but for some reason I lost the plot mid-week. It was probably the most tilted I have been for the last few months and ended up me open ripping 20x flop a couple times before I stopped. Had to spend a few hours reading mental game of poker again to try and regain any resemblance of sanity the following day. I may or may not have added a salty message or two in chat...shocker, I know.. If I'm ever to take poker seriously my mental game is the first thing I need to fix so gonna focus on keeping a level head from now on.

Graph so far:

Have been mainly playing 50nl last few days which has been fun, also threw in a very brief trip to 100nl but will try and keep that a rarity for now. Feel like I'm adjusting well to these stakes so feeling pretty positive about my progress. I'm officially at 100 buy-ins won now (I don't know why but the graphs exclude the most recent session and I don't how to fix it) which is a nice little landmark to reach. May the heater continue. I'll probably start dipping my toes into 100nl once I reach 150 buy-ins won.

Had my PB for points made last week and going to try and match that or even better this week, think i'm going to try and make silver prio this month but will have to try and reach that before the 20th as i'll be visiting family from then till new years-ish.

Not much else to report, looking into various training site options atm but doubt i'll venture into that until the new year. We'll see.

As always, punts to laugh at to follow this post.

LC
    I'm sure this particular villain will remember this one :)

vs top reg, I'd definitely check this flop with nut flush draw sometimes so I think my line makes sense, ideally targeting 2p or maybe sets to fold, shame to run into a straight. Potentially a better candidate to just call with to bluff catch instead tho but had a plan to shove diamonds on river so went with it

This is ****ing awful in hindsight. Pretty much shoving for JJ/QQ to fold but we block these hands, x/shove or x/c turn seems to be the better option here. Turn sizing is pretty bad too. Oh well, gotta punt sometimes.

Had my hero cap on at the time, promptly took it off after this one. Could argue As not a good card to have here, but I think bluffs that 2x pot turn are more 45/78/8Tss so it's not that relevant. Still way too many value stuff to be heroing A high here.

Small one, but I love this one

Been throwing a few of these in there atm when the right opportunity presents itself, just asserting my authority, a tad on the big side though

I think this is a super interesting one. I was not happy in the slightest by the river, which is rare holding a set. But for one, villain is never bluffing in this spot, literally never, so he has pure value, so he could have 55, 22 or A4s and maybe 46s. I actually think it's a fold in total honesty but folding a set does seem somewhat ridiculous but yeah, I think we're flipping at best that he has 22. Turns out V27 had 22 he said in chat afterwards

SadCamel

Biggest pot of the week was an absolute gift.

Biggest lost pot was KK<AA all in pre for £120 pot, but cba to post it

Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables, come by next week to see if I've tilt-punted my roll off or not yet

LC

• DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Really impressive stuff @loosecamel and a great read too, keep it up!

You mentioned hitting a PB for points earned last week. May I ask what the magic number was?

Really impressive stuff @loosecamel and a great read too, keep it up!

You mentioned hitting a PB for points earned last week. May I ask what the magic number was?

Thanking you Dues! That magic number was 5151. Previous best was 4500ish
  • Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 764
    @loosecamel - absolutely smashing it pal. Great to see your efforts on and off the tables paying off.

Also really enjoy the hand reviews you post!
  • craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited December 2020
    Wish you all the best with attempting to move up. I wouldn't recommend much coaching myself, all you really need is to get an idea of theory ranges for each position and begin imputing those ranges into a solver like GTO+ and see how the solver will play those ranges post flop. when you see how the solvers play their range you will be absolutely amazed at some of the things they defend, the advice coaching will then give you is players over fold and they under bluff.

Looking at some of the hands post I can see that AK, AT QJs and AQ were mis played.

When you look into ranges, GTO+ is not gonna cbet much on his range on that flop especially not AK, that board texture is much better for villians range, he should X/R wide, you might have stacked off and won here but other times he can X/R with say T9s and if you gonna be calling these AK combos then why wouldn't he . The hands GTO will cbet on these boards are KK QQ JJ for value and the broadway overs like KQ with backdoor possible. The idea is these hands can all fire on turn cards with decent equity and when the get raised on flop they have the easy option to B/C and B/F.

With that Ats you should be just calling that river bet, shoving is the absolute worse choice, when he makes a big bet size on both turn and river his range is very polarized, either he has sets or a busted draw. most players should call sets for sure, the weaker players are ones not capable of much folding so they sure to call sets, the stronger players they can give ranges and as played you won't have many nutted combos especially if you gonna call the turn with combos like ATo. Also he can give you a busted flush and you should have far more HH combos than DD combos since you would cbet the DD combos on flop.

With that QJ I'd be going for a X/R on flop, board textures like this favour villians range far more than yours and with so many high cards in your range, he can easily float you on flop and probe turn (you'll see from looking at GTO and pio solvers).
    Your plan should be to X/R hands like QJs for a bluff and AA for value, if villian was to probe big on flop you can snap fold your QJ no problem and trap with AA, if he goes small then you come along and X/R because as played he will have some mid PP and Tx combos in his range but they are not gonna be in great shape. When he calls and turn card is a brick hands like this QJ can be X/F no problem as they have zero equity, villian has very little air and a lot nutted value. A hand like AA or 98 you can barrell again on turn because these provide decent. blockers to his 7x combo and put his Tx combo in bad shape.

That AQs is a snap cbet of 1/3 that board texture hit's your range well you have all the Kx combos and PP all villian should have is 33 K9s K3s and some 99 nutted value. When you bet and villian raised you can call with that AQ knowing villian shouldn't have much nut equity and you still have SD vs all his bluffs if turn card was a spade you can bluff him off, a blank turn and you fold.
    When he X/C again you can X turn and look into calling some river bets, if turn card brought a diamond you can barrell again on turn and jam river.

Don't waste your money on coaching, purchase GTO+ or pio and analyze how the solvers play their ranges post flop
    Asho28 said:

@loosecamel - absolutely smashing it pal. Great to see your efforts on and off the tables paying off.

Also really enjoy the hand reviews you post!

TYTY Asho
    craigcu12 said:

Don't waste your money on coaching, purchase GTO+ or pio and analyze how the solvers play their ranges post flop

Nice one Craig, I really appreciate your comments and feedback on those hands definitely a lot of food for thought. I am planning on delving into solvers at some point, just need to boost the bankroll a bit before investing in a new p.c that can run it sufficiently. Cheers!
  • FeNdeR36FeNdeR36 Member Posts: 22
    I told you I'd be donating to the cause