You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Heppy81 an incorrigible douche. A frustrating poker match.

0_requiem0_requiem Member Posts: 1
edited December 2020 in Poker Chat
Heppy81 is tedious. Four players left, one player has been away from the start of game. He is big stack at approx 5,500, me at 2,500, next player 2,500 and away player at 1,500. This jackass raises every blind and refuses to blind the away player out. Starts raising every blind all in. Finally comes down to when the away player is all in he still hasn't stopped. He doubles the player up and around we go again. This time he flat calls the away players big blind and checks until the end.... So now he's trying to give the away player chips. Finally the table ends after the little blind forces the away player all in, but I'm still sat here thinking that this guy is an incorrigible douche. Any thoughts?

Comments

• PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    "Any thoughts?"

I enjoyed all 30 shots on Sunday just past.
  • destinycoddestinycod Member Posts: 35
    If some player is sitting out and you are the big stack, it is a good idea to keep them in so you can continuously apply pressure to the medium stacks who dont want to bust before the short stack sitting out. I think that would be good poker, like applying pressure and that, but I'm not too sure. Maybe top sky pro @MattBates has some insight?
  • coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Do you think they were colluding with the sit out player?
    Should they have colluded with you instead?
    Looks like you made your 90 pence profit.

I cant comment on this particular table but in this position im happy to leave players that are live in the game to take the chips available. That said if its mentioned to collude against the sit out player then my approach would be different.
  • DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    I think this is a legitimate tactic as it puts the two other stacks under pressure as they don't want to bust before short stack, not nice but all's fair in love and war.
  • eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    It's just madness you can't win any more only lose
  • lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    well played to the big stack
  • booker4booker4 Member Posts: 53
    yea that douch was me i'm not going to collude with anyone asking me to blind any player out xollocks its wrong
    blinding a player out ok, but asking other players to collude to it wrong
  • gixxerk4gixxerk4 Member Posts: 212
    This one will run and run eternally lol.
    Yes it is soft collusion but if its the bubble of a DYM and the player is away and has been for a while then it makes sense to blind the player out yes its unfortunate for the away player but you shouldnt win if not at the table.
    I normally comment 'be sensible all' and if someone decides to want all the chips I just make a note 'no favours wont walk it round' and one day they will be the short stack.
    If I lose a game in a situation like that I have to admit its often tilt time .
    coo1-um said:

Do you think they were colluding with the sit out player?
    Should they have colluded with you instead?
    Looks like you made your 90 pence profit.

I cant comment on this particular table but in this position im happy to leave players that are live in the game to take the chips available. That said if its mentioned to collude against the sit out player then my approach would be different.

well said
    cool-um got it spot on
  • RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
    On other sites you find that players who are sat out automatically have their handa folded. I think this is a good solution as it stops the messing about as described by the poster.

It's upto you to be at the table so should act as an incentive get seated.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    booker4 said:

yea that douch was me i'm not going to collude with anyone asking me to blind any player out xollocks its wrong

thought it was heppy81
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,775
    edited December 2020
    stokefc said:

booker4 said:

thought it was heppy81

Not much gets past our Stokey.