You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

New Year, New Slate, New £100 Blog/Challenge

thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
Firstly, I hope you all managed to have a great Christmas considering the unwelcomed climate that's been forced upon us.

Here's to a much better 2021!

Onto poker matters. I have taken an almost complete break from all things poker related over the last month or two, barring a couple of sessions of 'go big or go bust' style of play. I have though been checking in on the forum almost daily.

When I started my break, I was planning to perhaps restart some sort of challenge come the New Year. So here we have it, a new blog thread. I understand some people dislike these sort of threads, so I apologise to them, but some people do enjoy them. Personally, I enjoy reading through them and seeing how some familiar names can progress their poker games - I hope to emulate some of those successes. Also, from past experience they do help me remain more disciplined than if I was going alone, so to speak.

I'm trying to keep this opening post brief, as I have started and abandoned several of these kind of threads over the last year, that included my background in poker. So I don't want to repeat all that information as a lot will know it already.

This new challenge, on January 1st I will start with a bankroll of £100. Play only DYMs and MTTs. And just see where I end up in a few months down the line - if I don't bust before then!

My results will be shared on this thread at least once per week.

It seems my return coincides pretty well with the recently announced SPT promotion. I have never took part in one before, could this be the first?

Any questions. please fire away.

It's good to be back. See you all at the tables soon.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,172

GL with this Dazzy.
  • Options
    loosecamelloosecamel Member Posts: 152
    GL with this Dazzman will follow
  • Options
    Thanks for those good luck messages @Tikay & @loosecamel

Week 1

Since today is technically the end of the first week of 2021, here the first update. I'll aim to update this thread at least at the end of every week (Sunday)

I played on each of the days, bulking my volume with those nasty 28p TDYM to attempt to reach at least 100 points each day, in order to maximise my chances with the SPT Online Giveaway promotion. Good news is, I managed to earn 100 on every day so far.

I'm pleased with the decent start.

---------------------------------------

Day 1
    SNGs
    0.28 TDYM | Won 25:Lost 24
    0.55 DYM | Won 4:Lost 6
    1.10 DYM | Won 8:Lost 4
    2.20 DYM | Won 8:Lost 4
    3.30 DYM | Won 11:Lost 3
    Played 97 | £25.48 Profit

MTTs
    Played: 1
    Cashes: 1
    23:15 £2.20 £200 Deepstack | 5/80 | Won £12.08
    Profit: £9.88

Day 2
    SNGs
    0.28 TDYM | Won 13:Lost 11
    0.55 DYM | Won 1:Lost 2
    1.10 DYM | Won 3:Lost 0
    2.20 DYM | Won 5:Lost 3
    3.30 DYM | Won 9:Lost 5
    Played 52 | £12.03

MTTS
    Played: 5
    Cashes: 0
    Bounties: £1.36
    Profit: -£7.99

Day 3
    SNGs
    0.28 TDYM | Won 12:Lost 14
    2.20 DYM | Won 4:Lost 1
    3.30 DYM | Won 6:Lost 7
    Played 44 | -£3.18

TOTALS
    Starting BR: £100
    SNG Profit: £34.33
    MTT Profit: £1.89
    Bonuses/RB: £0

Total Profit: £36.22

See you all at the tables
    Onwards & upwards
  • Options
    lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    gl with this
  • Options
    Shrimpy28Shrimpy28 Member Posts: 142
    gl with this dazza, will follow and offer support, excellent start though that, keep it up
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Good luck.

The satellites to the SPT start today, this is always a good way to get in fairly cheaply starting at the £2.20 Micro sat. might be an idea for your MTT game selection.
    Served me fairly well in the 50k one last year.
  • Options
    Your messages are appreciated @lfccarl & @Shrimpy28
    coo1-um said:

Good luck.

The satellites to the SPT start today, this is always a good way to get in fairly cheaply starting at the £2.20 Micro sat. might be an idea for your MTT game selection.
    Served me fairly well in the 50k one last year.

Thanks for the reminder. I am not normally one to play in satelites. I may need to have a proper look to see if there is anything I fancy.

Your excellent result in one last year certainly encourages others to try to repeat your success.

Good luck to you if you decide to qualify
  • Options
    WEEK 2 UPDATE

Unlike last week (3 days) this week's affair was pretty consistent on the DYM front. Mostly breakeven-ish days until today, where a profit of around £10 was recorded.

From the limited days I could play MTT, they seemed to fare a bit better. I took one down - a £2 £200 BH - on Monday which was the main boost to the bankroll of the week. And a quite a few bounties from others to make a nice profit from MTT for the week.

Additionally, I have managed to earn at least 100 points every day so far. Unfortunately my name wasn't drawn for a SPT Seat this week. Maybe next time. Good luck to all those who won their seat. I didn't initially realise how generous Sky are being with this promotion. They are giving away almost half of the guarantee for free. Nice one Sky!

With the points earned this week, my BR will get a boost of £7.51 tomorrow with the rakeback. I'm happy with that, and the overall progress.

STATS
    DYMs
    Played: 374
    ITM: 202

£0.28: P180 | W94:L86
    £2.20: P57 | W30:L27
    £3.30: P137 | W78:L59

Staked: £627.90
    Winnings: £635.00
    Profit: £7.10
    ROI: 1.13%
    ITM: 54.01%

-----------------------

MTTs
    Played: 30
    ITM: 4
    FT: 2
    Wins: 1
    Staked: £46.75
    Cashes: £47.33
    Bounties: £51.85
    Profit: £52.43
    ROI: 112.15%

-----------------------

Overall
    Starting BR: £100.00
    Days Played: 10
    DYM Profit: £41.43
    MTT Profit: £54.32
    Tickets: £2.30
    RB: £0
    Bonuses: £0

Current BR: 198.05

-----------------------
    Good luck at the tables
    Onwards & Upwards

Thanks for reading

• Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Nice solid start. Keep it going. Plenty of chances still left in the SPT draw.
    Good to see the detail in the reporting.

What DYM’s are you playing all turbo or a mixture?
    How many games are you playing concurrently?

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,172

Solid start Dazzy, keep it going.
  • Options
    coo1-um said:

Nice solid start. Keep it going. Plenty of chances still left in the SPT draw.
    Good to see the detail in the reporting.

What DYM’s are you playing all turbo or a mixture?
    How many games are you playing concurrently?

Cheers! Yes, still plenty of opportunity. So just keeping my fingers crossed at the moment and maximising the chances by trying to reach 100 points every day when I can. That's basically my only goal at the moment - to reach those 100 points each day I play.

Regarding you questions,

1. The only turbos I am playing at the moment are the 28p. Those are purely to bulk up my volume in order to try reach those 100 points. I actually really dislike the turbo DYM. Far too swingy for my liking.

2. I usually try to play between 8-12 tables at the same time. Then it starts to get jittery. I tend to start mixing the 28p at the beginning of session until there are enough £2 & £3 opened.

And, when playing MTTs, I just register for all the ones I'm planning on playing, and open up some DYMs on the side.

It's always nice to see some familiar forum names at my tables. No doubt see you again. Good luck!