You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Flash Player stopping

Tim_PiperTim_Piper Member Posts: 1
edited December 2020 in Poker Chat
Howdy sky poker players,

First ever post, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I was playing on a table with @Mayhem357 and we didn't know what was going to happen to the software now that flash is stopping in 2 days time.

Does anyone know what will happen on 1st of Jan?

We were both saying that we really hope that we won't have to play on the browser, can anyone confirm?

If i may go one step further and ask, is there a software update due, and if not why not? I feel sorry for the heads up players who join my tables and the software starts the game whilst they are away for first couple of minutes (I mean I say i feel sorry, it's nice to have a head start a lot of the time!). This is just one thing, there are numerous others and I think it could really help the number of players playing in this poker room overall if the software was improved.

Ta

Comments

• Options
    bert21bert21 Member Posts: 176
    been playing through my internet browser but cant get all the things to work. mainly the one i look for is to see how many people still in .who's been knocked out and how many get paid, if that makes sense. Any ideas? I'm a total tech dunce by the way, an old age thing i think
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    bert21 said:

been playing through my internet browser but cant get all the things to work. mainly the one i look for is to see how many people still in .who's been knocked out and how many get paid, if that makes sense. Any ideas? I'm a total tech dunce by the way, an old age thing i think

just click lobby Bert. Either top left of the table, or untick Reg only and then click lobby from the tourny screen on the browser.
  • Options
    bert21bert21 Member Posts: 176
    Thanks PKRPar clicking lobby doesn't seem to work which is why i posed the question, but will try the untick reg only.
  • Options
    5ausages5ausages Member Posts: 9
    When you've deleted 'flash' and start playing thru a browser, how do you multi table? Do you open several separate browsers?
    For what its worth, by way of feedback, why aren't skypoker being a little more proactive notifying players of the necessary changes. or have I missed something?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,402
    Ive played on the browser for years, I prefer it. @5ausages

A new mini window opens, completely re-sizable.

4 tables for example

• Options
    hanlan123hanlan123 Member Posts: 25
    Does this mean that from today any new player who doesn't have flash will not be capable of playing on the download client? Will this effectively discontinue to the download client? The browser is fine for playing 1/2 tables but 10+ when playing sngs it almost impossible
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,217

Guys,

I try to help with any & all Forum questions, but when it comes to IT stuff I know so little I'm dangerous. I DO know the Techies have addressed the matter to mitigate the changes, but I really have no idea exactly what they have done.

I'll drop them a note over the weekend & maybe one of them will come on here & address your concerns.
  • Options
    hanlan123hanlan123 Member Posts: 25
    I'm like you @Tikay10, don't know the first thing flash or anything IT related and thanks for asking them to post here, hopefully they can explain in a bit more detail as like @5ausages said other than the thread linked by @mumsie nothing has been addressed. I've been getting notifications to uninstall flash and its just by off chance that I remembered reading something here that if you don't have flash you cant play on the download client but there's going to be a lot of players who just on autopilot uninstall flash when notified and then find they cant play on the download client anymore. For such a big a big update I find it crazy that sky haven't sent out a generic email to all players informing us of this change, unless they have updated the software already that enables us to continue playing without flash. Hopefully they reply shortly to update us.

Cheers
  • Options
    mumsie said:

Ive played on the browser for years, I prefer it. @5ausages

A new mini window opens, completely re-sizable.

4 tables for example

...how do you view the lobbys?
  • Options
    ....it closes the bl**dy table! Sorry but playing thru browser isn't working for me ..... is there are guide?
  • Options
    @5ausages I have 2 screens , the lobby is on the other screen.
  • Options
    5ausages said:

....it closes the bl**dy table! Sorry but playing thru browser isn't working for me ..... is there are guide?

Explain exactly whats happening in a bit more detail.

There should be an easy fix
  • Options
    Open one table on the browser, you dont even have to be sat.

Click on the security lock.

These options should appear.

Make sure you have popups and redirects allowed .

• Options
    I've just realised my laptop has been opening the mobile version. I've changed that now and have allowed pop-ups.
    Whilst i was doing this i was trying to play 2 sats but i could only open 1 ... a bit of a mare to say the least.
    With correct site open ie not the mobile one, I appear to be able to open multiple tables, saying that Ive only tested this opening cash tables .....

Thanks for the help

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    I have just uninstalled Adobe flash player and Adobe air and all sky software.
    Will use the browser,,cannot afford to leave NY computer open to hacking.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,217
    edited January 2021
    Sky have posted an update on the situation with Flash.

See here;

The Latest Info on Flash Player

@Tim_Piper
    @mumsie
    @mumsie
    @5ausages
    @hanlan123
    @wynne1938
This discussion has been closed.