You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

I am back hopefully

So yes got my laptop checked out and the thing is dead. It was high spec but I had it for some time and I guess it just had its time.

I had to buy a new pc which is better in everyway except its a desktop not a laptop.

I hopefully am back on sky poker but one major issue I can not install the client because adobe air is discontinued so there is no way to. I hope this gets resolved soon. this leaves me just with the browser only I do not know if I can multi table properly or if tables will open in sufficient time if I do multi table. I know they do if I am playing just the odd table already tested.

Tonight after the weekly shop is completed I will be playing micro stakes and try to get as many tables as possible going to see how reliable browser is. I play micro stakes when testing something out. Hopefully this works otherwise sky wont be my main site anymiore.

Comments

• kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    Have you tried installing the client?
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,430

Have you tried installing the client?

yes I have you cant you need adobe air which is discontinued.
  • OutTheMudOutTheMud Member Posts: 6
    Hi, how did you get on, multi-tabling with the browser version?

I can't stand using browser/mobile versions for poker sites. I'm hoping to buy a new PC at some point this year, so I was looking into Adobe/Sky/Flash etc.

Found this update from Sky:

https://community.skypoker.com/discussion/180807/the-latest-info-on-flash-player#latest

& Apparently, Adobe is now being developed by Harman? & there is still a free download version.

https://airsdk.harman.com/download

Hope it's ok to post links, sorry to the mods if not.

GL GL <3
  • Sky_ChrisBSky_ChrisB Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 48
    edited January 2021
    Hi,

AIR will now be supported and maintained by Harman as you say, but unfortunately the link above won't help right now.

The link above is to download the AIR SDK, which is what developers use to create AIR applications. There is also an AIR Runtime, which is used by yourselves to run AIR applications. Unfortunately, Adobe have removed the links to their old runtimes, but Harman have not yet released their version yet. So we are stuck in limbo at the moment.

It's an unfortunate state of affairs but I believe the delay is related to legal/licensing complications between Adobe and Harman.

As soon as the new runtime is available we will update our download instructions, but the existing Adobe AIR (version 32) will continue to work if you still have it installed.

Hi,

AIR will now be supported and maintained by Harman as you say, but unfortunately the link above won't help right now.

The link above is to download the AIR SDK, which is what developers use to create AIR applications. There is also an AIR Runtime, which is used by yourselves to run AIR applications. Unfortunately, Adobe have removed the links to their old runtimes, but Harman have not yet released their version yet. So we are stuck in limbo at the moment.

It's an unfortunate state of affairs but I believe the delay is related to legal/licensing complications between Adobe and Harman.

As soon as the new runtime is available we will update our download instructions, but the existing Adobe AIR (version 32) will continue to work if you still have it installed.

Hi thanks for your help, if I understand right if I do not currently have a version of Adobe air their is no way to install the client?

this does mean sky poker may potentially no longer be my main site. obviously we cant make much if we single table. and so far multi tabling has proven difficult as the tables dont tile properly in the browser client. except for Chrome which tiled perfectly but I found that once I had ten tables the client was taking time to load hands which was causing obvious problems.

So far I have tried edge and Mozzilla which have issues with tiling and chrome which had the issue of needing to load hands.

I dont suppose you would know of any particular browser that works well with sky or if there are settings that can be used to make chrome work better?

also of topic but I have worked for several companies that have found themselves in legal disputes (the companies I was working for were on the right side they won in court but I obviously shouldn't mention more details then that here) every time this dragged on for years It would be a miracle if legal issues got resolved within a year.

If we are waiting on legal issues regarding what happens with Adobe for the client to be downloadable then I would assume we wont see that in 2021. Of course I am not involved and have no inside information so that is pure speculation but from what I have seen of legal cases in the past.
    had issues with connectivity it would not open tables in google chrome and kept having issues. I had to quit out and go into Microsoft edge I think its called by this time I had been blinded down to near no chips in a heads up hyper and missed a few hands of a timed tourney. I came back and won the hyper and the timed tourney got all in on a cooler so no need to claim for money back but this may be an issue if this keeps happening.
    Hi,

Adobe's precedent for legal wranglings is certainly enough to worry us, but one of the maintainers at Harman has given us a good amount of confidence that the Runtime will be available from them very soon. In the meantime, we can’t recommend new players install Adobe AIR Runtime, but existing users should be fine.

As far as browsers go, we have always recommended Chrome or Firefox, but Edge is just as good in terms of feature support these days.

We have not seen issues when using these browsers across multiple tables, but one option that might help is to reduce the animation quality:

table options menu with detailed animations turned off

When you change this preference and click “Save as default” it is updated in all your open tables, as well as for any tables you open in future.
    Hi,

HARMAN have now made their Runtime available to the public; there are a couple of teething problems with taking over responsibility from Adobe, but I’m glad they’ve chosen to release early despite these issues.

More details on my post: Update for AIR Runtime

Hi,

HARMAN have now made their Runtime available to the public; there are a couple of teething problems with taking over responsibility from Adobe, but I’m glad they’ve chosen to release early despite these issues.

More details on my post: Update for AIR Runtime

that was a lot quicker then I thought thankyou for been on this and keeping us informed.
    one of the main reasons Sky poker remains one of my favourite sites is the active engagement the staff take.
    I still had a few minor issues when in the client I had one heads up hyper open late and a timed tourny freeze on me right at the end. I am guessing this is the teething problems and the site should be working well again soon?

I have started to spread to another site and long term want to be on four sites at once when I am in a proper poker session.However I have noticed difficulties when playing more then one site at once I am aware their is software out there which claims to stack and tile tables across multiple sites.

Is it allowed to use such software on sky? I am talking about something for stacking/stiling tables across multiple sites at once I not any form of hud or other player assistance.