You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

***Superstars***

ALIVEHAT60ALIVEHAT60 Member Posts: 125
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Hiya,it's probably just me??? do I detect a certain " elitism " here, the presenters fawn all over the TP's extolling what " skill/prowess/good looks even " these *** superstars *** have. Whenever these " immortals " enter any tournaments we all know! because they have a *** STAR ***.                                                                    Kind regards  Alan

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,690
    edited March 2010
    thats because they are actually good,nay top players so dunna get uptight about it and hope they dont drop on a table that your playing at
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,650
    edited March 2010

Yup, guilty as charged to praising good players where it's due, not guilty to elitism. I praise the TP-ers to high heaven, because I think - admit, gladly, that I think they are remarkably good. And I'm glad you noticed I said those things.

I also Post on every single "I won a Comp" or "Congrats to so & so" thread that a non-TP-er posts, or is about non TP-ers. I guess you never noticed that.

I see nothing wrong with praising good players, & decent people, though it's fair to say it's out of fashion amongst the more cynical sorts these days.

But looking after each other, by making a little effort to give praise where praise is due, is what makes this Community. We need to, as there is no shortage of self-serving cynics who don't bother.

As to "elitism", you clearly are not aware of how much work many of us do under the radar for the "regular" players. I know one Presenter/Analyst herewho has devoted 26 of his weekends in the last two years to looking after amateur players, trying to make their lot better, giving them the same sort of structures that Pros get, at affordable prices, with no reg fees, & more added money than any Pro Tour has ever offered. Elitism? not guilty.
  • Options
    monkey123monkey123 Member Posts: 590
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ***Superstars***:
    Yup, guilty as charged to praising good players where it's due, not guilty to elitism. I praise the TP-ers to high heaven, because I think - admit, gladly, that I think they are remarkably good. And I'm glad you noticed I said those things. I also Post on every single "I won a Comp" or "Congrats to so & so" thread that a non-TP-er posts, or is about non TP-ers. I guess you never noticed that. I see nothing wrong with praising good players, & decent people, though it's fair to say it's out of fashion amongst the more cynical sorts these days. But looking after each other, by making a little effort to give praise where praise is due, is what makes this Community. We need to, as there is no shortage of self-serving cynics who don't bother. As to "elitism", you cleary are not aware of how much work many of us do under the radar for the "regular" players. I know one Presenter/Analyst herewho has devoted 26 of his weekends in the last two years to looking after amateur players, trying to make their lot better, giving them the same sort of structures that Pros get, at affordable prices, with no reg fees, & more added money than any Pro Tour has ever offered. Elitism? not guilty.
    Posted by Tikay10

I for 1 will stand up and defend the SKY POKER TEAM on this !!!
    On more then 1 occasion in the last few weeks TIKAY himself has gone above the call of duty to help me out and has even gone into great detail in my posts !!! And i am far from a SUPERSTAR !!!! And i really can not work out what's wrong with giving credit where credit is due tp players or not ???  see posts for super nova and elsa dog ?? maybe the blinkers are on and you only want to see the praise for the total players !!!

monkey123
  • Options
    robcrobc Member Posts: 521
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ***Superstars*** : I for 1 will stand up and defend the SKY POKER TEAM on this !!! On more then 1 occasion in the last few weeks TIKAY himself has gone above the call of duty to help me out and has even gone into great detail in my posts !!! And i am far from a SUPERSTAR !!!! And i really can not work out what's wrong with giving credit where credit is due tp players or not ???  see posts for super nova and elsa dog ?? maybe the blinkers are on and you only want to see the praise for the total players !!! monkey123
    Posted by monkey123

+1 i seen the posts u mentioned where tikay helped you 3 (maybe 4 my memory is not so great lol) very detailed posts. i think the whole skypoker team gives credit to everyone from TP-ers to the newcomers when they see fit. as monkey said maybe you should check the threads on super novas and elsadogs  wins.
  • Options
    emilyeggemilyegg Member Posts: 3,408
    edited March 2010
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited March 2010
    To even have a forum where very talented poker players and presenters mix it on a one to one basis with beginners and experienced players alike is pretty unique. The way that Sky have given the opportunity for a player to engage at the highest level this game has to offer is also pretty unique.

The TP candidates have had the spotlight on them recently and that's only natural. As for Tikay or any other presenter favouring them over everyone else, well, that's nonsense. You can play analysts and presenters most nights of the week on here, and for not a lot of money, and that is unique. Praise has been given for anyone who wins even minor DYM's and not just the bigger winners.

Some people are just never, ever satisfied.
  • Options
    dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
    edited March 2010
    To even have a forum where very talented poker players and presenters mix it on a one to one basis with beginners and experienced players alike is pretty unique. The way that Sky have given the opportunity for a player to engage at the highest level this game has to offer is also pretty unique. The TP candidates have had the spotlight on them recently and that's only natural. As for Tikay or any other presenter favouring them over everyone else, well, that's nonsense. You can play analysts and presenters most nights of the week on here, and for not a lot of money, and that is unique. Praise has been given for anyone who wins even minor DYM's and not just the bigger winners. Some people are just never, ever satisfied.
    Posted by elsadog
    Well said Elsa, nothing more to add - great reply :)

Well done as well on winning the BH thursday night mate :)
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited March 2010
    To even have a forum where very talented poker players and presenters mix it on a one to one basis with beginners and experienced players alike is pretty unique. The way that Sky have given the opportunity for a player to engage at the highest level this game has to offer is also pretty unique. The TP candidates have had the spotlight on them recently and that's only natural. As for Tikay or any other presenter favouring them over everyone else, well, that's nonsense. You can play analysts and presenters most nights of the week on here, and for not a lot of money, and that is unique. Praise has been given for anyone who wins even minor DYM's and not just the bigger winners. Some people are just never, ever satisfied.
    Posted by elsadog
    +1
  • Options
    mm12mm12 Member Posts: 77
    edited March 2010
    The presenters and analysts on Sky Poker do a fantastic job of including everybody
    ,from the low stakes players like myself to the nose bleeders.Please let me know when you get some interaction the POKERSTARS on other sites
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited March 2010
    In Response to ***Superstars***:
    Hiya,it's probably just me??? do I detect a certain " elitism " here, the presenters fawn all over the TP's extolling what " skill/prowess/good looks even " these *** superstars *** have. Whenever these " immortals " enter any tournaments we all know! because they have a *** STAR ***.                                                                    Kind regards  Alan
    Posted by ALIVEHAT60
    hiya its probably just me??? do i detect a certain "idiotism" here,
    i dont know why people feel the need to start threads that are inflamatory and only serve to cause arguments..but like i said maybe its just me???
  • Options
    monkey123monkey123 Member Posts: 590
    edited March 2010
    In Response to ***Superstars*** : hiya its probably just me??? do i detect a certain "idiotism" here, i dont know why people feel the need to start threads that are inflamatory and only serve to cause arguments..but like i said maybe its just me???
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    +1
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited March 2010
    In Response to ***Superstars*** : hiya its probably just me??? do i detect a certain "idiotism" here, i dont know why people feel the need to start threads that are inflamatory and only serve to cause arguments..but like i said maybe its just me???
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    It's because it's on a forum, innit ;-)
  • Options
    IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ***Superstars*** : +1
    Posted by acebarry10
    +2

Also where else would you get to play with the analysts and presenters for £5 + 50p most nights
    Bit above Richards normal appearence fee i know

LOL