You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Tables not opening again!

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,833
    edited January 2021

Hi @neenio

Well you wrote "all of mon & Tues" earlier.

Yes, I understand it can be frustrating dealing with CC, but they have to have a wide knowledge of so many things, especially on Sports Betting & the like. The proportion of calls they get about Poker is extremely small compared to the other Products, so yes, they do work to a "script". Bear in mind please that many (all?) of the CC staff are having to WFH which really does not help. I've seen how difficult their job is & have every sympathy with them.

As you have already raised the whole matter with CC, there's not much I can do, but be assured the Suits are monitoring the thread.

For the record, I do understand it can be frustrating when things go wrong.
  • neenioneenio Member Posts: 58
    ok ty
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    I had issues with tables freezing over the last hour. Anyone else have any issues?
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    I lost connection entirely.

Mind you, my wife blew a fuse doing the ironing. 15 minutes to get back on, played like an idiot :)
  • StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,125
    Essexphil said:

Mind you, my wife blew a fuse doing the ironing. 15 minutes to get back on, played like an idiot :)

Yes, but at least you have wrinkle free clothes. :D

Batchelor boy me.

What is an iron anyway?
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    StayOrGo said:

Essexphil said:

Batchelor boy me.

What is an iron anyway?
    Something to hit Golf Balls with :)
    MISTY4ME said:

StayOrGo said:

Essexphil said:

Batchelor boy me.

What is an iron anyway?
    Something to hit Golf Balls with :)
    Oh now I get it, but how did that blow a fuse.

Or did @Essexphil 's wife blow a fuse because he went golfing? :D
    edited January 2021
    Hi @Tikay10 and Sky suits.

I appreciate that it's a tricky situation.

However, with it being one week on now, I do think that the players affected, deserve to know when/how they will be compensated for their losses.

Even if you can't do it now, perhaps just a post to say how and when SkyPoker plan to address this loss of revenue to the affected players.

Especially as time goes on, it can be difficult for individuals to recall all the situations that arose, and which were most impactful.

For example.

Will there be "straight" refunds for people with less than starting stack?

Will there be ICM calculations at the point of disconnection for others etc?

Does SkyPoker know all the games and players that were affected? For example people who were sitting out due to tables not opening and may not have realised it etc.

Will Sky be proactive in determining who is due what refund, or do complaints have to be made by the individual each time? Quite often the "data" won't be available to the individual, unless they recorded all the details at the time.

Just so we know, that in addition to resolving the technical issues, the reconciliation of losses incurred will still be addressed reasonably promptly.

@StayOrGo

I will pass that on Graham. The nature of the problem made it very hard to accurately judge how individuals were affected.
    edited January 2021
    Tikay10 said:

@StayOrGo

I will pass that on Graham. The nature of the problem made it very hard to accurately judge how individuals were affected.

Thanks @Tikay10

I do understand that, but the very real loss of revenue to the affected players does need to be dealt with somehow.

Thanks for passing it on.

Maybe players should offer a conservative figure of what they feel it cost them, the minimum figure that they would be happy with, and if Sky deemed it reasonable, pay them that.

The ones who "abuse" it would be few I think and Sky should be able to tell from the volume they play, stake level, reviewing table history etc, if their requested amounts seem "reasonable."

Based on what you said about Sky not knowing who was affected, and how significantly, I'm not sure how else it can be dealt with tbh.

Any thoughts?
    edited January 2021
    Well I'm not empowered to deal with this myself, but your suggestion.....

"£Maybe players should offer a conservative figure of what they feel it cost them"

....would never work, we've already seen an example of a player who expected to be refunded in full for more than 20 games over a 2 day period. He even WON an MTT in that period, so it must have been playable.

Luckily it's not my decision, as my view would be that if someone played for 8 or 10 hours and 10 or 20 games over 2 nights they can't reasonably expect to be reimbursed for them all. At some stage in those 20 games it must surely make sense to draw stumps if there are site issues affecting the player such that they expect a refund. If it were me playing, I'd be logging off after 1 or 2 games & within the hour if there were problems which affected the game, not battling on for 2 days. I must stress that's my personal view not a Company view.

I will mention your case to James in the morning though.

Have a pleasant evening Graham.

edited January 2021
    Tikay10 said:

"£Maybe players should offer a conservative figure of what they feel it cost them"

....would never work, we've already seen an example of a player who expected to be refunded in full for more than 20 games over a 2 day period.

Luckily it's not my decision, as my view would be that if someone played for 8 or 10 hours and 10 or 20 games over 2 nights they can't reasonably expect to be reimbursed for them all. At some stage in those 20 games it must surely make sense to draw stumps if there are site issues affecting the player such that they expect a refund. I must stress that's my personal view not a Company view.

Yes a situation like that would be clearly abusing the situation and Sky should challenge it.

Maybe it is unrealistic, and perhaps I am being naive in thinking that the majority would be reasonable.

My question then, and I think it is a fair one to ask, is:

Do the suits have an alternative solution? And, what is it?
    StayOrGo said:

Tikay10 said:

....would never work, we've already seen an example of a player who expected to be refunded in full for more than 20 games over a 2 day period.

Luckily it's not my decision, as my view would be that if someone played for 8 or 10 hours and 10 or 20 games over 2 nights they can't reasonably expect to be reimbursed for them all. At some stage in those 20 games it must surely make sense to draw stumps if there are site issues affecting the player such that they expect a refund. I must stress that's my personal view not a Company view.

Yes a situation like that would be clearly abusing the situation and Sky should challenge it.

Maybe it is unrealistic, and perhaps I am being naive in thinking that the majority would be reasonable.

My question then, and I think it is a fair one to ask, is:

Do the suits have an alternative solution? And, what is it?

Well that's their call, not mine, but I would imagine they will do what they have always done & will always do - try to be fair & reasonable by looking at the overall situation.
  • neenioneenio Member Posts: 58
    thats a bit harsh as i explained earlier if it was read properly that was never my suggestion buts ccs i suggested 25 percent or something along those lines. would of thought it was poker teams job to resolve it rather that it being ignored and just go away little bit dissapointed with the comment tbh.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,427
    Can I be reimbursed for the games I could have played but unable because of site problems. For the last three weeks I only managed 3 games first week then 7 then 14 - where I would usually manage 50-60 each week. So although I have saved money by not being able to play ..... I have loss from not making freeroll and potential earnings...
    My track record will show I manage at least 15p from these games and have been known to bag 50p This is money loss through no fault of my own.. ty in anticipation.

Cough!
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,432
    so had an issue with a heads up hyper table not opening again today I have downloaded the client now as I got the heads up from a member of sky staff on forums here.

sorry didn't update sooner as to function just was doing other things and not a lot of poker.

I have also had another issue basically I have started playing on another site hopefully not in replacement of sky but in conjunction with sky. I have noticed that it is very difficult to play across more then one site because the tables do not tile and also different poker software fights for attention.

I have googled and found that there is software that can tile tables across multiple sites. is this stuff legal for sky poker? it wouldn't provide me additional intel on other players or provide me with a hud both of which I know isn't legal on sky all I am looking to do is find something that tile all my tables from all poker sites.
    edited January 2021
    Hi @Tikay10 @Sky_James

I've been locked out of today's Main Event for the first 7 minutes.

A re-start did solve the problem.

Re-starting the software is always a "bit of a gamble" as on occasions it wouldn't let me log back in, so I would then be sat out of my other tables too.

So it's a "balance" as to whether to just stay sat out of the one game, or try a restart, risking the other games too.

Anyone else with troubles in today's (28/01/21) main event?
    edited January 2021
    StayOrGo said:

Hi @Tikay10

@StayOrGo

I can't really explain that, but I'm watching your table & you seem to be OK now & have just won a hand to go over starting (5,245).

Hopefully you won't have any further issues. As far as I can tell everyone else seems to be sat in & playing normally.

edited January 2021
    Tikay10 said:

StayOrGo said:

Hi @Tikay10

@StayOrGo

I can't really explain that, but I'm watching your table & you seem to be OK now & have just won a hand to go over starting (5,245).

Hopefully you won't have any further issues. As far as I can tell everyone else seems to be sat in & playing normally.

Yep OK now thanks @Tikay10

It was early levels, when blinds were small, so no real harm done, loss of 100 or so chips from a 5K starting stack not the end of the world.

Just a bit of a distraction when playing other sites too.

No problem though. B)
  • Pipster81Pipster81 Member Posts: 15
    Wow i hope other players never have a issue with any tables, just contacted chat and never dealt with such rude people, i showed proof of site issues since the 20th of january and they couldnt care less