You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

gamblers win again always the same they call you on noughting and you have an high pair its a joke

babyluke10babyluke10 Member Posts: 25
poker full of gamblers no skill

Comments

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,154
    lol
  • Options
    RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
    Shock news, poker attracts gamblers with more money than sense! Lol
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    A site full of poker players with no skill where is it.
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    If you want to play more skilled players and less gamblers go play in the high stakes cash and high stakes MTTs, the skill:gambler ratio will be much closer than it is on smallest stakes.

or go for some HU against a pro I'm sure they will accept you HU any day and you can play against a poker player with skill
  • Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,681
    That's why I play here! I don't want to play against better players, give me the gamblers any day. If they hit, they hit. I will take them in the long term
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,202
    Why on earth would you want to play against skillful players with a solid understanding of theory and maths ?
  • Options
    the godfather of poker doyle brusun wait for the smart play its not like it use tobe bingo poker
  • Options
    put in to wrong context better players yes but you are right waste of time on this site we should just go all in no problem
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Starting to think you’re right
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,648
    so on saturday I had a hand in a timed tournament where I had pocket QQ in the BB I had 4000 chips when the blinds were 200/400 I noticed my table was full of fish this time and I saw two limps before it got to me the two players were about the same stack as me.

Normally in this spot with 10BB I would just be looking to get it in. However I knew these guys could be fishy enough to call of most of 30% of their stack with garbage but not stupid enough to call of their entire stack with garbage and I knew they had garbage. I raised to 1200 got one call the flop came 752 with two spades i did not have a spade I jammed on the flop since I had a pot sized bet left the guy called of his entire stack with J9 off suit.

As fishy as my play in this spot may have sounded I got the guy to put it in with J9 because I knew he was bad enough. Now the turn produced a 9 and no prices for guessing the river It was not a J or a 9 didn't expect that did you? you were expecting a bad beat story but no I was happy and laughing at that one. I had got all the chips in as a 95% favourite and enjoyed winning the pot.

However guess what 1 time in 20 the guy will get lucky he will hit that Absurd runner runner. I can go ballistic when this happens However where do you think most of my profit comes from online, okay most players are not quite that bad but these mistakes all add up to my profit so why complain when they get lucky? I understand if its a series of bad beats in a row or a very significant tournament hand near the end but generally just let it go its where the money comes from.

• Options
    Why is there always a direct correlation between someone's anger over bad beats and their inability to spell or use punctuation ?
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,648

Why is there always a direct correlation between someone's anger over bad beats and their inability to spell or use punctuation ?

normally because they are angry so brain function reduces temporarily due to the rage. However with myself it is simply because my spelling and punctuation suck to begin with.
    I truly reckon I would lose a spelling bee vs 6 year olds and my punctuation is probably worse then an average student in middle school.

I dont consider myself stupid but the written language is clearly not a place for me to attempt to disprove that assertion.

my post was not a bad beat story though, but can see how it could be misread due to the poor English.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,154
    @Doubleme I think he is talking about the posts by babyluke not yours...
  • Options
    HENDRIK62 said:

That is correct.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    HENDRIK62 said:

But i thought it was all about Doubleme!