You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Postman Prat Update.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,518
edited February 2021 in The Rail
'Disgusting' moment Royal Mail postman leaves pensioner, 72, lying in the snow in freezing temperatures because he's too 'knackered' to pick her up

https://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2021/02/12/8497546382757875454/636x382_MP4_8497546382757875454.mp4

Shocking video shows the worker ignoring 72-year-old Patricia Stewart's pleas for help after slipping outside her home in Falkirk, Scotland. In the footage, posted to Facebook by Patricia's niece Sheryl Harkins, the postman says: 'I can't help. I'm knackered. Absolutely knackered.' The Royal Mail has now apologised to Patricia and her loved ones for the worker's 'disgusting' behaviour on Wednesday, and are investigating the incident.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9253095/Moment-Royal-Mail-postman-leaves-pensioner-lying-snow-hes-knackered-pick-up.html

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,518
    Hero Hermes driver rescued OAP, 72, who was left lying in the snow by uncaring Royal Mail postman who told her: 'I can't help. I'm knackered'
    Royal Mail postman left widow Patricia Stewart, 72, lying in snow after fall
    He told the pensioner he was 'too knackered' to pick her up in Falkirk
    Royal Mail apologised and are investigating after video was posted on Facebook
    ***Do YOU know who the postman is? Email jack.wright@mailonline.co.uk***

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9253095/Moment-Royal-Mail-postman-leaves-pensioner-lying-snow-hes-knackered-pick-up.html
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 6,968
    During the week I was just about to drive off in my car when I saw an old lady (84) slip over on the snow and ice,it's just a natural reaction to get out and help.I picked her up and walked her to her home and made sure she was o.k. She had only gone out to get a newspaper,which she didn't manage to get,I then went and got the paper and took it to her.The Postmans actions sum up a lot of people in todays 'I'm Alright Jack' society,perhaps if he had kicked the head off of a snowman things may have been different!
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,212
    What a dik.
    'Knackered' postman filmed leaving frail pensioner, 72, lying in the snow after she slipped and fell is revealed as 51-year-old who has since been suspended by Royal Mail

https://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2021/02/15/5876396897912862314/636x382_MP4_5876396897912862314.mp4

Thomas McCafferty, 51, (right) has been named as the Royal Mail postman who left Patricia Stewart, 72, lying in the snow after she fell from her step while collecting a parcel in Bainsford, Falkirk. The incident was captured on a neighbour's Ring doorbell (left) where McCafferty can be heard telling the pensioner he was 'too knackered' to help her up before he walks away and leaves her on the ground. He has since been suspended by Royal Mail who are investigating the incident.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9263171/Royal-Mail-worker-suspended-telling-OAP-knackered-help-fell-snow.html
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    edited February 2021
    The chill factor.

A 72year old well covered OAP with osteoporosis slips from the top step and bangs her head?
    It’s ok, no other injuries reported, as she cushioned the fall with her head.
    Found ‘ lying’ in the snow. Sitting up is close to lying , about 90 degrees.
    Extremely coherent after that bang to the head. In fact, she looks in good shape.
    What did her doc have to say?

Points to note.
    Royal Mail v Hermes. Takeover?
    Coldest Feb since 1955. Climate change.

First posted on fb🥳

• HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,139
    chilling said:

The chill factor.

A 72year old well covered OAP with osteoporosis slips from the top step and bangs her head?
    Extremely coherent after that bang to the head. In fact, she looks in good shape.

Points to note.

First posted on fb🥳

Is it hard being you and believing nothing?

asking for a friend
    HENDRIK62 said:

chilling said:

The chill factor.

Points to note.

First posted on fb🥳

asking for a friend
    So the actual fall is on the vid too? Should be.

If not, why not.

Rallied the neighbours, DIY SOS style.
    I give up on you folks. Ta Ta.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,425
    Chill there are more folk here you should not give up on ( here to pick u up if you fall over )
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,139
    chilling said:

bye
    edited February 2021
    chilling said:

The chill factor.

Points to note.

First posted on fb🥳

This came up on a Yahoo search, so it is not just Skypoker players that will see how silly you are.

Postman Prat Update.
    community.skypoker.com/discussion/181114/postman...
    Hero Hermes driver rescued OAP, 72, who was left lying in the snow by uncaring Royal Mail postman who told her: 'I can't help. I'm knackered' Royal Mail postman left widow Patricia Stewart, 72, lying in snow after fall He told the pensioner he was 'too knackered' to pick her up in Falkirk
    edited February 2021
    HENDRIK62 said:

chilling said:

The chill factor.

Points to note.

First posted on fb🥳

asking for a friend

Points to note.

First posted on fb🥳

asking for a friend

So the actual fall is on the vid too? Should be.

If not, why not.

Rallied the neighbours, DIY SOS style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMqWqM3T2DM
    chilling said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j37K7XaBT4k
    This is the 'arrogant' postman who claimed he was 'too knackered' to help a frail pensioner who fell in the snow.

Thomas McCafferty has been suspended by the Royal Mail for refusing to assist Patricia Stewart, 72, when she lost her footing and fell down her icy front steps as she tried to collect a parcel he left for her.

Mr McCafferty, 51, responded to her appeals for help by telling her 'I can't help, I'm too knackered' and then walked away.

Calling over his shoulder, McCafferty told Mrs Stewart to put on her slippers as he walked off, which had come loose during her fall.

The incident in the village of Bainford, Falkirk, took place during the coldest February since 1955.

It came to light after footage from a neighbour's doorbell camera was posted on social media and gained traction worldwide.

Mrs Stewart's family said the postal worker should be sacked and claimed Mrs Stewart, who suffers from the bone disease osteoporosis and uses a Zimmer frame to move about, could have died.

McCafferty, who is not the pensioner's regular postman, also failed to alert neighbours as he carried on going about his rounds and didn't bother to alert them to Mrs Stewart's plight.

He could now face the sack if Royal Mail bosses find him guilty of gross misconduct.

We like to think we would help each other in need.'

Mrs Stewart was only rescued when a Hermes driver Karolina Domska, 22, came along 20 minutes later.

She found her soaked through and sobbing in the snow in her bare feet with her slippers nearby and immediately rallied neighbours to help.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9263171/Royal-Mail-worker-suspended-telling-OAP-knackered-help-fell-snow.html
    chilling said:

The chill factor.

Points to note.

First posted on fb🥳

David David
    1 day ago
    What a VILE LOATHSOME PIECE OF WORK. IF HE WERE MY RELATION HE'D BE ON PERMANENT SICK LEAVE. A TRULY REPELLENT INDIVIDUAL

Maggie O' B
    23 hours ago
    No decent human being would leave an elderly woman on the ground the thoughts of covid or "rules" wouldnt even enter my head, looking at this makes me very sad 😔

Channel Wanderer
    3 days ago
    This is astonishing. If he has/had friends i reckon they will be ex friends.

misfit
    5 days ago
    This is very difficult to believe then I remember those awful people who wrote negative messages about Captain Sir Tom so clearly some people are just awful. I can not understand this.

David
    2 days ago
    hopefully this poor postman will get one long deserve rest from his employment shortly but I doubt very much the Royal mail will do anything about it shame on this subhuman

Ian Plowman
    5 days ago
    I hope he gets his P45. What goes around comes around.

gerald blaney
    5 days ago
    He should be fired; no ifs, no buts.

fred smith- king of the lunatics
    4 days ago
    When I read the title I thought it said "...when he left pension in the snow."
    Thinking he must have left a cheque outside so not to come in close contact.....NEVER expected this bullsh't. Wow, what a scumbag.

janet wright
    5 days ago
    One day he may need some help too - I hope he gets the same treatment! "Do as you would be done by"!

Gillian Foote
    5 days ago
    This beggars belief 😌 some mother must be really proud somewhere of such a wonderful son 😕

Allan Taylor
    3 days ago
    I’m ex postman, the guy is a disgrace. If it had been the week before Xmas, he would have picked her up, so he would get a tip😡

Kamil K
    23 hours ago
    Yet again polish worker helps brit while brit refuse brit. 😉 Always help people, you never know when you need help yourself.

Michael A Good
    4 days ago
    That’s one cruel callous creep! I sincerely hope that he gets sacked!.he could’ve got help!.

Ian Spinks
    5 days ago
    what he meant to say was i havent got the backbone to help you

pudds
    3 days ago
    Wow what a special person he is ,bet his family is so proud . ..I walk with a stick but I would've had a bash at helping..christ almighty 😳

lookingcostsnothing
    4 days ago
    He will get what's coming to him.

Annette Walpole
    4 days ago
    Disgraceful, she could have died of hypothermia if the van man had not helped. This is what our human race has come to, No hope. That poor lady

01matthewc
    4 days ago
    Too knackered to help a little old lady who needs helping to her feet but has enough energy to complete a postal round, some logic.

STUART Simister
    5 days ago
    Worse thing for this geezer now is if someone recognises him is he may be picking himself up off the floor a few times.🙄

Allen O'Malley
    5 days ago
    That Steve who called in to defend the indefensible

T H
    1 day ago
    If that was my mum!!!!

JOHN H
    4 days ago
    The bloke is a sad git.

James Lee
    4 days ago
    Hope he gets what is coming to him

Trisha Turner
    5 days ago
    Disgusting he could have helped in some way or other. Absolutely heartless to leave her like that.

xr6lad
    3 days ago
    Investigation? For what? It’s on the video. What needs to be investigated?

wayne dodgin
    5 days ago
    Bless his cotton socks, he was tired!.. WTF!

hereHAREhere hereHAREhere
    3 days ago
    Sack, no question

The EU Prisoner
    4 days ago
    Pathetic...some young bloke couldn't process common sense. What a Pathetic DH. 👎

Ashley Moss
    5 days ago
    He wants sacking, then naming and shaming

Charlie Edwards
    Charlie Edwards
    5 days ago
    Shame on him!!! 🦧

Karl Sinkovits
    Karl Sinkovits
    5 days ago
    The pride of Scotland

jo Hirsty
    5 days ago
    Lost for words!

Phillip Samuels
    5 days ago
    I'm a postman I serve the public what a **** disgrace this man is he doesn't deserve a job

RevW Pitt
    5 days ago
    I can`t imagine how anyone could just walk away and leave an old lady like this. It beggars belief.

Shaun
    5 days ago
    I bet his mother is proud.

D S
    5 days ago
    What a heartless person. Leaving a 72 year old laying in the snow.

Chris Collins
    5 days ago
    This country has become so selfish and uncaring 😡 can’t believe what am watching. He is not human at all and horrible.

Stephen Williams
    5 days ago
    This guy is way past morally bankrupt. I hope they find this guy and ask him why he didn't offer help or call for help!

Wait till you see the size of the f.......g mice!