You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Is this a call late in the tournament

mcglynn07mcglynn07 Member Posts: 154
edited February 2021 in Poker Chat
I was late in a tournament and this happened. Erotic FIsh went all in for less than 1bb, Avinit who was very aggressive throughout the game just flats( which means he just want to take someone out and does not have a great hand just a speculative hand) and I check in the BB. I don't see a squeeze here as being great as I am gong up against someone with a healthy stack in an unknown situation just to take the All-In players less than 1bb. We see a flop of KT5 Rainbow and Avinit bets and we fold. The spot I am thinking about here is the fact that we have a pair of fives and an have an overcard to the board. He bets 2xbb and we fold but without knowing his hand we are getting 3.4 to one. Does anyone think this is a call?

oilean Small blind 2000.00 2000.00 20200.00
mcglynn07 Big blind 4000.00 6000.00 111781.47
Your hole cards
A

EroticFish All-in 1284.03 7284.03 0.00
avinit1 Call 4000.00 11284.03 77967.82
Fletch433 Fold
oilean Fold
mcglynn07 Check
Flop

K

mcglynn07 Check
avinit1 Bet 8000.00 19284.03 69967.82
mcglynn07 Fold
avinit1 Unmatched bet 8000.00 11284.03 77967.82
EroticFish Show
avinit1 Show
K
Turn

River

avinit1 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 5s 11284.03 89251.85

Comments

• NitrogenNitrogen Member Posts: 67
    Some fairly random thoughts.
    • I'm assuming your question is largely because the 5 came on the turn. It doesn't matter what comes after you fold correctly, so was it a correct fold?
    • as played, probably without some really solid info on the aggressor
    • a check raise is viable here as with very few draws on the board you are getting folds from a huge %age of his range that doesn't have a king. Because he didn't raise pre you can rule out him having the stronger kings which is even better.
    • A call is not horrible but what is the plan for the turn? the board is very static with no draws so you need to know if you are betting or calling the turn before making the call on the flop. I'd prefer a more dynamic board that gives lots of opportunities to bet or check raise the turn without having to spike a five or an ace.
    • consider the raise preflop - definitely consider it if the A5 is suited and fold to a reraise, you have to have raise/3 bet bluffs this is a great spot as you could get heads up with dead money versus a 1bb shove the A5 dominates
    • as played I might call, raise or check-raise depending on the opponent which is no help whatsoever
  • mcglynn07mcglynn07 Member Posts: 154
    i agree with the fact what is plan for turn and river if we don't improve it can be sticky, but the spot i was thinking about was we are getting nearly 3.5/1 on a call with pair and over card vs a hand that limps, i had not see him do this all night so it made me think allot, I was thinking about this hand after the game finished . The 5 on the turn was unfortunate but I like the reasoning behind your thoughts and the creativity so thank you Nitrogen
  • chappo100chappo100 Member Posts: 116
    it's probs worth on future posts to try and add the suits of the cards, if it's a Bounty hunter or not, if we're in the money or on a final table (just guessing you close or on FT based on stacks?) just as this may change how we play it.

if erotic has starting bounty + I'd prob shove pre with A5o and A5s, more so if avinit benefits from folding for a pay jump.

As played pre, Don't see his 3/4 pot bet into an empty side pot ever being that light, not even sure we see worse than Kx + for this sizing. maybe a little wider, and although i expect AK goes AIPF it still leave us with maybe 6 clean outs so I'd fold flop to if there is no bounty implications.
  • mcglynn07mcglynn07 Member Posts: 154
    chappo100 thanks for the explanation above I have joined the discord