You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

How to not break the Pc

KatkaKatka Member Posts: 38
edited December 2021 in Strategy
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
KatkaSmall blind100.00100.001537.50
miketez68Big blind200.00300.003395.00
Your hole cards
  • A
buth737Fold
Karen1983Call200.00500.001715.00
NEIL40Call200.00700.003385.00
KatkaAll-in1537.502237.500.00
miketez68Fold
Karen1983Call1437.503675.00277.50
NEIL40Fold
KatkaShow
  • A
Karen1983Show
Flop
  • A
Turn
  • K
River
  • J
Karen1983WinFlush to the Ace3675.003952.50

Comments

• KatkaKatka Member Posts: 38
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    RAPP82Small blind150.00150.004160.00
    goldfish17Big blind300.00450.001460.00
    Your hole cards
    • J
    • A
    shoegoalFold
    KatkaRaise1200.001650.001095.00
    RAPP82Fold
    goldfish17All-in1460.003110.000.00
    KatkaCall560.003670.00535.00
    goldfish17Show
    • A
    KatkaShow
    • J
    • A
    Flop
    Turn
    River
    goldfish17WinFlush to the Ace3670.003670.00
    After a very good morning run today with 20 wins 3 loses the card devil came back :disappointed:
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    You won 20 Dyms and lost 3 and a couple of hands make you want to break your pc?

Sounds like you ran way above ev
    @Jac35 i know it's sounds silly .
    i just need to get used to some bad beats. i hope
  • thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 926
    @Katka

I am on the very same boat as you. My biggest weakness by far are these type of beats. I can live with them and ignore them to a certain degree, however, if they all come at once, and I go on a few downswings in quick succession I tend to get tilty. I feel any good work has been undone, and it'll take a while to get back to where I was. And especially because you kind of feel you did nothing wrong and should not have lost.

I am working hard on that aspect. I even moved down in limits recently when beats were coming more than they had been. That is something I had never done in the past. Never! Many, many times before, if that were to happen, instead I would have moved up in limits to try claw back the losses. Sometimes in my favour, but more often than not, against me and i'd likely bust my bankroll.

Another point I'd throw your way, as obvious as it sounds, and you already probably know it, but applying a proper BR management plan - and sticking to it religiously - helps immensely.

Good luck at the tables.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471

@Katka

I am on the very same boat as you. My biggest weakness by far are these type of beats. I can live with them and ignore them to a certain degree, however, if they all come at once, and I go on a few downswings in quick succession I tend to get tilty. I feel any good work has been undone, and it'll take a while to get back to where I was. And especially because you kind of feel you did nothing wrong and should not have lost.

I am working hard on that aspect. I even moved down in limits recently when beats were coming more than they had been. That is something I had never done in the past. Never! Many, many times before, if that were to happen, instead I would have moved up in limits to try claw back the losses. Sometimes in my favour, but more often than not, against me and i'd likely bust my bankroll.

Another point I'd throw your way, as obvious as it sounds, and you already probably know it, but applying a proper BR management plan - and sticking to it religiously - helps immensely.

Good luck at the tables.

The result is irrelevant
    If you make the right decisions then it’s just fine and over time you’ll be making money.

Sometimes you make the wrong decision and get lucky.
    They’re the ones to get more concerned with
    @thedazzman
    This is how i started today to be focus only to 0.55 Dym and almost never Turbo ,
    when i realised that after a good streak 2-3 bad beats brought me down i started again to think what's the point and i played a bit like a donkey (lots of shoves etc)
    Now i relaxed again and back on track. In the end we play against our bad self i believe.

Good luck to you guys as well
    @Jac35 I complete agree with you but when it happens you can't think always wisely
    What @Jac35 said ^

Playing poker seriously is for the long haul.
  • JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    edited May 2020

@Katka

Good luck at the tables.

When you get to the level of jac35 and myself whereby we play many tables in a session (because we multi table too) it just becomes part of the game...

Even if you run as well as a player can over 1000 games, you will still lose a couple/few hundred games. It's part of it.

A tennis player will never go through a whole tennis match without hitting some faults; a footballer cant go through a whole match without one misplaced pass. A DYM poker player can't go through 1000 games without making 'some' bad calls and without taking 'some' bad beats.

I do agree that when they all come at once it can be excruciatingly frustrating, its the weakest part of my game for sure, I get so angry - first week of May for example I went on a 700+ streak of pain, it happens - but putting in serious volume does reduce the chances of it.

Re bank roll and for any newbies out there reading this, as an absolute minimum, a player should have 30 buy ins of the sit n go they want to play at - ie for 11gbp dym's minimum in the account before play should be 330gbp. I strongly advise this, it helps a LOT.

Also, if you want to improve dealing with beats and the mental side of poker please buy the book 'The Poker Mindset' by Ian Taylor and then read 'the mental game of poker' by Jared Tendler. The latter is a bit more in depth, the former will get you started and is a superb book.

Cheers!
    @Jacquelyn Thanks very much for the advice. It is really appreciated, and it makes perfect sense.

As for your recommended books. I am the first to admit I am not a very keen reader, especially books. But I will definitely try and source these and give them a bash soon. I am very eager to nip my tiltiness in the bud, so willing to give them a read.

Cheers!
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,430
    Jacquelyn said:

@Katka

Good luck at the tables.

When you get to the level of jac35 and myself whereby we play many tables in a session (because we multi table too) it just becomes part of the game...

Even if you run as well as a player can over 1000 games, you will still lose a couple/few hundred games. It's part of it.

A tennis player will never go through a whole tennis match without hitting some faults; a footballer cant go through a whole match without one misplaced pass. A DYM poker player can't go through 1000 games without making 'some' bad calls and without taking 'some' bad beats.

I do agree that when they all come at once it can be excruciatingly frustrating, its the weakest part of my game for sure, I get so angry - first week of May for example I went on a 700+ streak of pain, it happens - but putting in serious volume does reduce the chances of it.

Re bank roll and for any newbies out there reading this, as an absolute minimum, a player should have 30 buy ins of the sit n go they want to play at - ie for 11gbp dym's minimum in the account before play should be 330gbp. I strongly advise this, it helps a LOT.

Also, if you want to improve dealing with beats and the mental side of poker please buy the book 'The Poker Mindset' by Ian Taylor and then read 'the mental game of poker' by Jared Tendler. The latter is a bit more in depth, the former will get you started and is a superb book.

Cheers!
    I have the latter book Jaq I have seen you blow up in chat before, so I know it affects you but sometimes i struggle not to rage quit for the day when I run really bad I started working through that book too did you find it helped you a lot do you think if i continue with that book regulary it will likely help me?
  • chappo100chappo100 Member Posts: 116
    I wouldn't worry about tilting that much the opposite end of the spectrum is complete emotional detachment which can easily transfer to other aspects of life.
  • mcglynn07mcglynn07 Member Posts: 154
    edited February 2021
    Kafka the bad beats u talk about are necessary in the game this is where the luck skill aspect of the game takes effect u get it pre w aa vs aqsuited and u lose to a straight or a flush. Getting your money in ahead is our job but what happens after in the middle is irrelevant in a way but our brains focus on the bad aspect/luck aspect of the hand. We are very result orientated creatures us humans but we should not focus on this in a game of chance. But when money is also involved our brain attaches so much to the outcome or the result when poker should just be about us playing poker in the best way we can. Work on this at the table by setting goals not to tilt. Or away from the game by looking at your hands and thinking about the decisions you made and if we are good when we do so. Good luck Danny