You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Can we try to stop this please

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,669
So today playing on sky I witnessed on more then one occasion profitable players calling other players idiots and the like for apparent weak/bad plays. The thing is this was in pots they won the weak players didnt suck out the strong players won the pot and they still berated/insulted the weak players.

I get it if you have a series of bad beats, and just let rip some steam in chat once in a while. If you get bad luck at a crucial point say bubble of a final table or if someone has been clashing with you a lot like following you into every pot and then you own them you might want to brag. All of that is fine perfectly understandable and natural. Also if they get mouthy or make silly accusations its also fine to poke fun once in a while. I get all that I would be a total hypergrite if I said none of that was okay.

But to outright insult people for just poor play when you win the pot because they are bad players why do this? I know of two separate people who were weak players who quit sky poker for this very reason. It really does not help our ecology. I am obviously not saying people should face penalties for doing this that would be silly we are all adults not children. I am just saying this really is not in anyone's interest.

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,394
    Yes.

I cringe when a better player berates bad play at the tables.

The dynamics at the table can change dramatically.
    I often see the berated player either clear off , sometimes tighten up or fight their corner.

Either way life's never the same.

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,239
    Don't really understand why this happens. Surely we want to be encouraging players who we have an edge over to remain active.

If all the weaker players, and I count myself as one, stopped playing, then the better players have a more difficult task making any money.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282
    I agree with the previous posts but would point out that occasionally players berating others in chat is actually all done in jest. You only have to watch the twitch streams, entertainingly presented by some of the Sky players, to see that when stream regulars come up against each other the table chat can be vicious. Whilst it obviously looks quite vitriolic to those that don't now the situation it is all done in fun, allegedly.
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,599
    I really don’t care what they say to me or call me as long as I get their chips. You can just ignore it or switch it off if it offends.
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,229
    It's gambling,you choose to do what you want with your money, everybody is entitled to play how they want to play, these wee keyboard warriors wouldn't say boo to a moose outside in the real world, If somebody gives it, give it back they don't like it up them.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    rabdeniro said:

It's gambling,you choose to do what you want with your money, everybody is entitled to play how they want to play, these wee keyboard warriors wouldn't say boo to a moose outside in the real world, If somebody gives it, give it back they don't like it up them.

Lots of love for that bit
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282
    I wouldn't say boo to moose, have you seen the size of them! Actually probably wouldn't say boo to a goose either, they can be vicious little b*****rds!
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,229
    Enut said:

I wouldn't say boo to moose, have you seen the size of them! Actually probably wouldn't say boo to a goose either, they can be vicious little b*****rds!

They're are some whompers up here.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,078
    rabdeniro said:

Enut said:

They're are some whompers up here.
    Nothing worse than when they get loose, about this hoose...
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,034
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,647
  • Options
    memfnomemfno Member Posts: 461
    the opening post said profitable players
  • Options
    CoxyMateCoxyMate Member Posts: 3
    As a player who has worked his way up from a proper fish to an OK (ish) player the past few years I can testify to the volatility of certain players towards recreational/fun players or basically anybody who isn't playing GTO.

Enut you make an interesting point regarding banter between regs but I don't think it's a valid one for this conversation, which is specifically regarding dialogue between winning players towards losing players.

At the end of the day, winning players wouldn't exist if there weren't fun players on the site so it would be lovely if we could all lose & win with grace and not project our insecurities onto the poorer players of the game!