You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Arrested For Being Out Walking?

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,258
Outrage as police handcuff and ARREST man walking with his wife because he refused to give his details when he was stopped 22 miles from home

The man, named Radek Kotlarek, was on a walk with his wife and son at Talacre Beach in north Wales when they were stopped by police officers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9313353/Outrage-police-handcuff-ARREST-man-walking-wife.html

Comments

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,282
    Since when is being 22 miles from home considered local exercise,well done the cops.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

Since when is being 22 miles from home considered local exercise,well done the cops.

Dom Cummings?
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,282
    HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

Dom Cummings?
    Everyone, be they rich,poor,famous or not,if they break the rules should face punishment.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

Dom Cummings?
    Everyone, be they rich,poor,famous or not,if they break the rules should face punishment.
    I agree, although this clearly hasnt been the case so far.

Some police forces have seemed keener than others regarding enforcement, as have some police officers.

Rules that cant be enforced are pointless.

Short of road blocks, I am not sure how you enforce a travel ban.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,168
    people are taking the p*sh and they are the first to moan when laws are put in place because they take the p*sh
  • Options
    HENDRIK62 said:

people are taking the p*sh and they are the first to moan when laws are put in place because they take the p*sh

I understand that.

Many large fines have been cancelled by the police.

This is despite the fact they were justified under the current rules.

Some police forces, and individual officers have appeared over enthusiastic.

The prospects of catching someone as per this particular case seem extremely slim, and pot luck.

I am not sure I understand the difference between exercising on hundred yards from your home, or 22 miles away, provided you were wearing a mask, social distancing etc.

Those refusing to wear masks, or not complying with social distancing rules close to their home would seem far more serious.

This particular rule has not been enforced fairly, as well known people have been let off.

I personally have not broken any of the rules, irrespective of what I think of them
  • Options
    I was cuffed by the Covid stasi... queueing for a coffee: This 51-year-old mother strolled two miles to get some refreshment - but fell foul of the long arm of the law

Floss Knight, 51, (left) walked two miles from her home to Borough Market, London, with a friend and her 13-year-old son to get a coffee. But she claims that she was approached by four police officers who then put her in handcuffs (right and inset). The mother-of-two, who works as psychotherapist, said she eventually gave police her name and address. She is now waiting to receive her £200 fine.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9318457/Mother-51-strolled-two-miles-coffee-fell-foul-long-arm-law.html
  • Options
    Heathrow chaos continues as passengers face three hour queues at border control with no social distancing and red list arrivals 'stood an arm's length from other travellers'

Pictures at the UK's hub airport showed snaking queues with bored passengers packed tightly together - with the crowd at one point bursting into a rendition of 'Take Me Home, Country Roads'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9316535/Heathrow-chaos-continues-passengers-face-three-hour-queues.html
  • Options
    Asda refused to sell school uniform to grandmother for five-year-old who grew out of her old one during lockdown as it was a 'non-essential' item

Alison Clement, 55, was out shopping at an Asda in Swansea, South Wales, for her granddaughter Amber Davies, aged five, who needed a new pinafore, cardigan and tights following a growth spurt.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9318175/Asda-refused-sell-school-uniform-grandmother-five-year-old-non-essential-item.html
  • Options
    Some UK arrivals 'still waiting' for quarantine Covid tests

Some international arrivals to the UK have waited nine days for Covid test kits that should be taken on day two of a 10-day quarantine period.

Travellers from countries not on the UK's "red list" must purchase a £210 testing kit, with a test taken on day two and day eight of isolation.

Those who do not take the tests may face penalties of up to £2,000.

A government spokesman said there were "no specific issues" with the deliveries or fulfilment of test kits.

They advised that customers should receive the test kits, providing the correct details are given at the point of booking.

However, several passengers have told the BBC that despite ordering the tests, they never arrived.

The social media pages for the testing provider, Corporate Travel Management (CTM), contain other comments complaining about delivery delays.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56260595