You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

'It's Bizarre And Monstrous':

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,532
'It's bizarre and monstrous': Former standards chief's damning verdict on Boris Johnson's plan for a charity to fund makeover of his No.10 flat

No 10 came under increasing pressure to release details of the renovation of the Prime Minister's official flat made by his fiancee Carrie Symonds (couple pictured bottom left, inset). Sir Alistair Graham, former head of the Committee on Standards in Public Life, said setting up a charity to cover the costs could break the rules. Labour also demanded Boris Johnson come clean about the cost of the work, and how it would be paid for. The proposed charity to preserve No 10 and No 11 Downing Street is said to be based on one used by the White House to provide millions for US presidents to fund interior design, antiques and art. The decor is said to have been inspired by interior designer Lulu Lytle, the founder and director of Soane Britain (sample designs pictured), who makes furniture 'based on traditional crafts, including blacksmiths'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9318779/Former-standards-chief-Boris-Johnsons-plan-charity-fund-makeover-No-10-flat.html

Ikea it's not! £12k for owl lantern by designer who inspired Carrie? What a hoot! JAN MOIR takes a look at the work of Lulu Lytle, the designer who has inspired Carrie Symonds' No10 makeover

JAN MOIR: Lulu Lytle? Doesn't she design yoga leggings or something? Beyond the salons and drawing rooms of fashionable London, few have heard of the interior designer who is said to be the inspiration for Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds's (both pictured left, in March last year) refurbishment of their Downing Street living quarters. I say Boris and Carrie. I mean Carrie, of course, for it is the Prime Minister's fiancee who is in the chintz-covered driving seat when it comes to sprucing up the flat above No 11. The couple have lived there for 20 months, along with baby Wilf, Dilyn the dog and - oh my goodness, I think I'm going to faint - Samantha Cameron's glass-fronted Ikea cabinets. Carrie has clearly decided this is simply Not Good Enough and has embarked on a plan to bring a little glamour and class to the dowdy Downing Street digs. And who better to provide an example of wall-to-wall luxe than Lulu Lytle (bottom inset) and her Soane Britain company? While not exactly a household name, they have established themselves as a 'conspiracy of excellence' since launching in 1997 (company's products and prices, pictured right).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9318637/JAN-MOIR-looks-work-Lulu-Lytle-designer-inspired-Carrie-Symonds-No10-makeover.html

Comments