You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

this site is becoming unplayable now booted of final table!!!

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,576
So I made the final table of a £11 bounty hunter with a good stack. The table froze on me and I did not notice for a while because I have lots of tables going as most regs do.
When I noticed I quit out the client and reoponed to try and get the tables back. the table did not open when I relaunched the client so I assumed it had blinded me out. So was angry but continued playing until i noticed no money had been credited my account from the tournament so i had to go to the client mid session and find the table and launch it by which time i was ubber short stacked and came third.
Tournemant id was 35591480 second place was £83 and first was £124.50 I have won these tournaments before and I had a good stack going into the final table.

I contacted support told me within 2 minutes that they had checked every game I had played and no other players had this issue. I would like to know what sort of super human could check that for every game I play in the evening when I play multiple games and quite a few games have over 100 runners.

I can appreciate that it can be hard to work out exactly what reasonable compensation could be as I could have come sixth with bad luck hypothetically. However surely one would assume that in most situations I would do better playing then sitting out in terms of expected value.

I was offered 2 £2.30 tournament tokens as a gesture of good will but basically implied this was my responsibility and my fault. Look this is happening for multiple people and seems to be a regular occurrence.

I do think I should be given more compensation then i was I mean this does not even refund me the buyin of the tournament. when it ruined a final table for me. i would have expected at least a few £11 tournament tokens.

Sky poker is my favourite poker site and I dont want to leave it but if this continues and staff take this response I dont know where this leaves me. Like many regs I play on other sites at the same time and have quite a few tables going. I cant be manually quitting out of the lobby and reopening it and going and relaunching every table manually when I can have up to 24 tables going across all sites. I mean its ridiculous to expect me to have to do that. Not been funny but I am trying to make money from the game and I am doing so, I know my results are not boast worthy but I am definitively profitable. but even the best regs on here are only averaging a few quid per game if I am going to try and make any reasonable money from the game I cant just play only 3 or four tables at once, That just wont get any worthwhile results unless I somehow outperform Mattbates and I am not been funny and dont mean to put myself down But I think the entire player base would agree I am not as good as Mattbates.

Comments

• Options
    NitrogenNitrogen Member Posts: 67
    edited March 2021
    First hand at the $110 buyin this evening and there were no cards showing. My cards, other player cards nothing, other people could obviously see their cards as the hand played out. I folded as I usually like to see the cards before playing a hand. It showed in the little box it was 77 which was funny but not relevant.

Software is glitchy as all ****. It's part of the charm of the place because it's unique in many other ways, but support pretending these issues are user related in any way is ridiculous.

I've had the same thing happen to me and trust me even with 2 tables you can miss a few hands when it freezes.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    I agree that it’s frustrating. It’s a problem we’re all aware of and we can either accept it or play somewhere else.

It happens to us all and we just close down and open up again. Generally takes about 2 minutes
    Tbh i’m struggling to believe you were unaware that you were on a final table
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,301

@Doubleme @Nitrogen

Morning guys, sorry you had some problems last night.

As you know, the Flash situation caused some unexpected headaches, though whether what you experienced was connected to that I really have no idea.

I do know that the Flash thing & associated challenges ARE being addressed. I share a Slack Channel with the techies & whilst I don't understand what they are talking about I can see what they are working on.

A lengthy & complex piece of work is close to completion and I believe it may go live next week. It may (or may not....) address your issues, but let's hope it does.

I'll try to keep you informed, or get @Sky_ChrisB to explain if it's too complex for me. I'm not going to raise last night's specific issues with him, I'd rather he was left to get on with the fixes, but he's there for us if we need him.
  • Options
    IamAll_EnIamAll_En Member Posts: 45
    It's a strange one. Since uninstalling flash I've had less issues in general but the table freezing seems to be a new issue and happens maybe once every two or three days. But like Nitrogen says , you can go without noticing a freeze playing just a couple of tables, I think my record is 20 minutes but i'm a numpty.

Good to hear fixes are being worked on, I like the charm of the site , bugs and all.
  • Options
    I guess I will move stuff around this week and focus more on study. I still need to play to hit points target but I guess I wont be having a full on session tonight. Last night was kind of tilting hopefully stuff is fixed for next week.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    So many questions and something just doesn't quite add up.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback @Tikay10 , I understand the challenges (I work in this area) - wasn't a big deal for me just wanted to let @Doubleme know he wasn't alone :)
  • Options
    If it helps tech in any way ... Just happened to me again and a final table. Dont know if the issue is specific to FTs .
  • Options
    IamAll_En said:

If it helps tech in any way ... Just happened to me again and a final table. Dont know if the issue is specific to FTs .

@IamAll_En

Hope you soon got back on. I see you just finished 2nd in something - was it that one?
  • Options
    Nitrogen said:

Thanks for the feedback @Tikay10 , I understand the challenges (I work in this area) - wasn't a big deal for me just wanted to let @Doubleme know he wasn't alone :)

@Nitrogen

Thanks.
  • Options
    Just noticed that the forum starred out the word h e l l in my first post which given the possibilities made my post look a lot more aggressive than intended.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

IamAll_En said:

@IamAll_En

Hope you soon got back on. I see you just finished 2nd in something - was it that one?
    Yeah that was the one mate. It's not too much of a hassle really.
  • Options
    So I have kind of been struggling recently and when results are not going your way you have three options generally.
    1. blame bad luck
    2. claim the site is rigged
    3. question your own play and ask are you been outplayed etc

now I wont entertain 2, so in most situations this leaves me debating between 1 and 3. Generally I think its a combination of the two I think there are clear spots I have been outplayed in but I still think my expected value is positive and I have been running bad.

Either way if I am aware of weak spots it makes sense to work on that.

The issue that bothers me over all this though is that I cant be sure that all my tables are opening and that no tables have frozen and gone unnoticed.

What I like about sky is the small field tournaments as this reduces variance and the community. I dont really feel that the buggy software is a selling point.

I appreciate you trying to help the player base and the work you do Tikay, just I dont want their to be a 4th factor of the software been buggy when things arent going my way.