You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

If you could have a free one hour poker lesson from any Sky Poker player...

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,524

...who would you choose, & why?

Comments

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    @Tedson Great player and very pretty to look at!
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,507
    Mumsie as it's his/her's day to shine. cough!
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    100% misterpj i would learn the best part of f uck all but the entertainment value would be priceless.
  • Options
    TedsonTedson Member Posts: 60
    MattBates said:

@Tedson Great player and very pretty to look at!

• Options
    Ironpump1Ironpump1 Member Posts: 177
    Has to be the Sunday Major endboss @HAYSIE
  • Options
    AMD68AMD68 Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2021
    What a question @Tikay10 !
    The most obvious is @chicknMelt. A tried and tested coach with the results to match.
    Then you've got @MattBates - would he reveal the secrets of his success in just 1 hour? Perhaps if you offered to release him from his virginity during the last 5 mins!
    The Dark Lord @destinycod I think may be thinking on a level significantly above my comprehension (I get baffled when he reviews a hand) so an hour would be wasted on me but not others.
    There are lots of other great players on Skypoker but the one who's play keeps on catching my eye is @cpfc_2010 , who seems to have more gears to his game than most. Mind you he might be a **** teacher!
    PS A shout out to all the streamers who give free hints and tips as they play. The most successful of which is @PBKR who's streaming tonight I think.
  • Options
    pstoneypstoney Member Posts: 327
    @NChanning for me two reasons
    Knows his way around the poker table
    Second would give him a good grilling for some winners at Cheltenham next week
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    I'd choose CPFC_2010. I do not see many players with more aggression than palace. The fip side of course is you could learn what will make you do alot of -EV moves by betting in spots you shouldn't.
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Would have to be you Tikay and you could show me how to play that wide range that goes down to QQ, thats nosebleed territory for me.
  • Options
    PBKRPBKR Member Posts: 95
    @lJAMESl from the old guard for me
    @Tedson seems to be a bit of an animal, @destinycod respect his game massively, and @cpfc_2010....I’d also say @MattBates @chicknMelt @railtard11 (although he wasn’t best pleased with me last week so he would tell me to get ****) 🤣

@Glenelg @AMD68 appreciate you mentioning my name there...let’s make it happen! Give me a message and we can set something up
  • Options
    PBKRPBKR Member Posts: 95
    craigcu12 said:

I'd choose CPFC_2010. I do not see many players with more aggression than palace. The fip side of course is you could learn what will make you do alot of -EV moves by betting in spots you shouldn't.

@cpfc_2010 there was a compliment in there I’m sure
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    edited March 2021
    pstoney said:

@NChanning for me two reasons
    Knows his way around the poker table
    Second would give him a good grilling for some winners at Cheltenham next week

+1

to this

....love listening to him on 'Luck on Sunday' and at SPT's re-Horse Racing

My other POKER Hour would be from Marc @railtard11 who I know used to coach some of the good players on here, lives up the Road (in relative terms), and is a GREAT player...... Aggro and brilliant reader of what hands oppo has

BRILLIANT Topic @Tikay10 ....there's so many really good players on here as already mentioned above @Tedson @chicknMelt @MattBates etc.......

....but I'd also put up @FeelGroggy for his knowledge ...... and @GSmith13 especially at Ca$h who I watched in VEGAS 2019........ he had the Biggest WALL of CHIPS I'd ever seen at a Ca$h table, and that was when I got up at 7am for a free coffee :)
  • Options
    cpfc_2010cpfc_2010 Member Posts: 316
    Great question @Tikay10
    I really would struggle to narrow it down to just one, @Tedson and @railtard11 are obvious choices but I think @chicknMelt and @GSmith13 would be up there too.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    Sky Poker's RNG programmer.
  • Options
    roddy28roddy28 Member Posts: 31
    Mrblewpie for omaha, he seems like best omaha player on site.
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 770
    edited March 2021
    Good Question,

From the very limited amount of higher stakes stuff that I've watched/participated in, my choice would probably be any of @MattBates , @Tedson or @PBKR . I suppose I'm cheating by picking 3 but there are plenty of good regs on Sky that I could learn a lot from.