You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

How has this happened why and will it last?

So I multi table across 3 poker sites at the moment when playing properly. sometimes I just one or two table whilst watching tv and talking with my girlfriend but when doing a proper poker session I go across 3 sites and try get lots of tables for max profit. the problem has always been that the tables wont shrink to a manageable size. I purchased a very high end large monitor some time ago specifically for poker. but rather then letting all the tables go really small, for the screen it decided a min size based on screen to take up same space which has been very disappointing. I purchased stackandtile but that had a few issues it was better to have then not have but not ideal.

Now for some reason when I turned my computer on today it allows the tables to go really small. This it did not allow before I tested for all three sites and this is the case for all three. If it was just the one site I would assume small software upgrade but it not likely all three sites get small software upgrade at the same time.

So how has this happened and will it last?

Comments

• ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,531
    its actually quite a big deal to me as I will not hit my target earnings on sky alone. I checked and even the best most profitable players on Sky are not averaging the targeted nightly win average that I would like to hit.
    I am aware that I have a lot of improving to do and still a few leaks so I cant go comparing myself to the likes of mattbates yet that would be silly. However I long term my desired performance target exceeds that and the fact is I will not achieve that on sky simply because sky does not currently have enough games going.
    So I need to spread across multiple sites. I like sky for multiple reasons I have no intention of leaving sky but I do need other sites to.

• ITSQUADSYITSQUADSY Member Posts: 55
    It honestly sounds like you haven't adjusted your resolution.

Also...get a 2nd or 3rd monitor if more real estate is important to you
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Try right clicking desktop > display settings and there will be a box to 'Change the size of text, apps and other items'.

That setting won't change overnight without you telling it too, tho, so I'm not sure that is your problem here.
    I have tried multiple monitors before it did not work to well for multiple reasons. So I purchased a £700 monitor I got it for £350 do not remember if it was a sale or second hand etc (I look to buy second hand quite often it just seems more sensible, like if the item is perfectly functioning why pay twice as much as you have to for it? like why do people buy cars first hand eg if you can afford say a £40,000 car why not buy a car that would go for £100,000 if new for the £40000 second hand then buy what you can get new for £40,000. I think this applies to pretty much everything in life but for some reason most people only do this with cars) anyway it would cost £700 new if wanted to buy it now.

the monitor is huge MSI and covers my entire desk. so if I can get everything tiled to that this is by far the best option. I was playing around before the poker session trying to get a video to play on part screen instead of full screen, I am guessing I probably did something with settings that I did not realise which fixed this. This sounds like the most likely answer. I really suck with tech I get my girlfriend to help with tech most of the time.
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    Doubleme said:

I have tried multiple monitors before it did not work to well for multiple reasons. So I purchased a £700 monitor I got it for £350 do not remember if it was a sale or second hand etc (I look to buy second hand quite often it just seems more sensible, like if the item is perfectly functioning why pay twice as much as you have to for it? like why do people buy cars first hand eg if you can afford say a £40,000 car why not buy a car that would go for £100,000 if new for the £40000 second hand then buy what you can get new for £40,000. I think this applies to pretty much everything in life but for some reason most people only do this with cars) anyway it would cost £700 new if wanted to buy it now.

the monitor is huge MSI and covers my entire desk. so if I can get everything tiled to that this is by far the best option. I was playing around before the poker session trying to get a video to play on part screen instead of full screen, I am guessing I probably did something with settings that I did not realise which fixed this. This sounds like the most likely answer. I really suck with tech I get my girlfriend to help with tech most of the time.

Not sure why..but when i read this i hear Sheldon Cooper from the "Big Bang Theory" talking to me...😊
    so update on the situation my computer has been alternating between a mode that stretches everything unnecessary to fill the massive screen and a mode that allows me to micro size everything on screen allowing me to play numerous tables. the first mode renders everything about having a bigger screen null and void the second mode allows me to massively multi table.
    we tried resolution settings and size setting it did not work. the computer just seemed to randomly choose a mode. eventually we tried a lot of advanced tech stuff i dont understand my girlfriend is the tech person.

She came to the conclusion it was a dodgy cable connecting the monitor and computer we got a new cable today arrived from amazon and now computer is in right display mode hopefully this sticks but we wont know until weekend or there abouts as I cant play poker fully at the moment due to assignment due thursday I will get the 10 or so more points i need today do the sunday major free roll then I am offline and in study mode fully until assignment submitted. Its on group theory that stuff I hate now I understanding what i didnt last time but got a way to go yet hopefully i can get it all. Hopefully my computer stays in right mode from now on.

• The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 388
    Not sure we can wait until the weekend for the next gripping instalment.
  • Shrimpy28Shrimpy28 Member Posts: 142
    How old are you @Doubleme ?
    Just out of curiosity, I always find the older folks tend to be **** at tech, wondered if you were as old and bad as @Tikay10
  • IVIysticalIVIystical Member Posts: 101
    Doubleme said:

I purchased a very high end large monitor some time ago specifically for poker.

Please can you link me this monitor. This is likely not a hardware issue and probably to do with the configuration buttons on the monitor itself. Depending on what you've purchased there will be several buttons next to the on button to control res/modes etc. It's likely you've knocked one of these when trying to press a power button.

Shrimpy28 said:

How old are you @Doubleme ?
    Just out of curiosity, I always find the older folks tend to be **** at tech, wondered if you were as old and bad as @Tikay10

Im older then 30 and younger then 40 i dont feel comfortable giving out my exact age.

Doubleme said:

Please can you link me this monitor. This is likely not a hardware issue and probably to do with the configuration buttons on the monitor itself. Depending on what you've purchased there will be several buttons next to the on button to control res/modes etc. It's likely you've knocked one of these when trying to press a power button.

https://www.box.co.uk/MSI-Optix-MAG341CQ-34-UWQHD-FreeSync-10_2479173.html?msclkid=9027c293296b11231dcfa2c3df9d6f40

i think this is the one I think.
    edited March 2021
    Doubleme said:

Doubleme said:

https://www.box.co.uk/MSI-Optix-MAG341CQ-34-UWQHD-FreeSync-10_2479173.html?msclkid=9027c293296b11231dcfa2c3df9d6f40

i think this is the one I think.
    I can try helping you via PM's if you want? Likely you're stuck in PiP mode or something. Very advanced monitor.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    It was probably a bad DP cable. Are you using DisplayPort? If you ordered the Amazon DP cable then you should be gravy from now on. They don't use the dodgy 20th pins.

It was probably a bad DP cable. Are you using DisplayPort? If you ordered the Amazon DP cable then you should be gravy from now on. They don't use the dodgy 20th pins.

Unlikely that an MSI monitor of that caliber would ship with a dodgy DP cable but entirely possible. This monitor is super overkill and I think it could be to do with accidental button mashing also.
    thanks guys my girlfriend came to the same conclusion that kapo did and we have already purchased and now received the replacement cable. the cable I originally had was dodgy had crack in it.

so far it appears to work originally this monitor was used with my laptop which broke. when I got my new computer it needed a different cable type and a friend gave me a spare cable that had crack in it.

I am hoping now I have got a new cable that everything will work how I like it. it did alternate between the two modes previously so will need a fair sample size before can be sure and wont be able to start until after I submit my assignment so will update later.

I appreciate the offers of help, hopefully it wont be necessary but time will tell.