You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Note taking

thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 935
I'll be honest, I have never been one to take notes on players. Having mainly played on PS for years and years, with their very large playerpool. If at all, there were only a handful of players you'd see regularly - especially in MTTs - so note taking simply didn't become a habit for me.

Now, Sky poker is the complete opposite. You see the same names day after day. So note taking can be much more beneficial. The height of my note taking skills are simply colour coding the odd player as a reg/nit or maniac.

Does anyone have any other examples as to what you might note on players and why?

It would also be interesting to see any possible hand histories (player names obscured) where a specific note allowed you to make a hero call.

Cheers for any help

Comments

• Options
    TedsonTedson Member Posts: 60
    Colour coding is by far the most important thing IMO. If you're playing a few tables at once, you want to have a quick visual guide that stops you doing something like opening too wide into a maniac or not wide enough against a nitty player.

The only other thing I really do is make a note of something unusual they did or a tendency they have. Best to keep it concise as you don't have long to make your decisions on Sky. I don't have a specific hand history, but there have been times where I'm leaning towards calling a river bet, but then fold after clicking on the note and reading 'didn't bluff missed straight draw in good spot'.
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 935
    @Tedson Thanks for responding with some useful info.

Now I need to teach myself to get into the habit of not only colour coding players more often, but to actually process that info in-play.

Good luck on the felt