You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Poker question. How do you deal with this?

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,472

How many times have you been trapped in a convo with one of those sorts who moan day after day about bad beats.

And it always includes this purler;

And guess what he called me with?

Exactly how should we best answer that ridiculously dumb rhetorical question? I mean, they don't WANT you to get the answer correct, it steals their punch-line. But we have to go through that ridic ritual of saying...

"err, no, tell me".

Trust me, they are going to tell you anyway.

What's your way of dealing with this?

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    I must be in the minority, I like hearing bad beat stories 😊
    Tbh, it’s a bit like life in general, you gotta have a vent now and again to get things off your chest, of course the flip side to that is the question “Would you want a call pre flop with his holding “? Which puts the teller of the story on the back foot .
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 934
    Guessing they had the nuts usually turns you into Mystic Meg :D
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,178
    I usually try to exasperate them by constantly asking questions such as what were the relevant positions, effective stacks, blinds, cash or tourney, action on any streets, bubble or pay jump considerations and so on.

Sometimes they just give up and go annoy somebody else.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,276
    I think most people know better than to engage me in a bad beat conversation. I am an expert and currently ranked in the top 5 in the world, they will wish they never started it! :D
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    Nice to meet you misterPJ,
    You don't want bad beats well go play the pros, they won't give bad beats lets see how much cash you win vs them
    The most irritating bad beat stories are when people see coolers as a bad beats, ehhh hello it was just a sick run out.
  • Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,681
    Call that a bad beat? I'll give you a story about a bad beat.....