You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Who knew nickd49931 ran these streets?

BeckimaateBeckimaate Member Posts: 2
So...... only my second post here on SkyPoker and i'm not sure how this will go down but here go's
I've only been here a week or so and am finding my feet and testing the water with different games. Always enjoyed Hyper HU's and have been playing stakes between £10.50-£52.50. Noticed there are a few "REGS" which i understand (this happens everywhere) but i've come across nickd49931a few times and it turns out that he chooses which games i play. I've played with the REGS and have decided to start opening new tables to try and avoid them. I was then told by nickd49931 that i can't open my own HU tables and i must play either himself, BENCor duonross. I found this quite funny at first untill he decided to bumhunt me constantly for the last hour (which btw hasn't really worked out well for him) but i just wanted to check that he does run SkyPoker? If he would like to tell me what i can play would he also let me know what sites i can play on. Just find this a bit shocking but might be on my own here. Thoughts?
Becki x

Comments

• PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    he does not. go get him becki!
  • ITSQUADSYITSQUADSY Member Posts: 55
    WHOSE STREETS?
    NICK D'S STREETS
  • saymynameesaymynamee Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2021
    Lots of good players ego trip in the chat. He's not the first and he won't be the last.

Behind the arrogant tone of what he's saying though ('We essentially run this site') lies good business sense. Assuming you're a good player but not an established reg, if he can put you off HU hypers for good by sitting all your tables, then that's a huge win for him to not have to share the lobby and the fish with you. And if he has to play a couple breakeven or even slightly losing games vs you to do that, he doesn't care because the long run EV is huge.

He name checked a couple of other players too though. Why? Because he has a non-aggression pact with these guys in the lobby. They will never sit each other, because they understand they're just donating to the rake. But whichever of them is online one particular evening will aggressively sit you in the hopes of driving you off the lobby.

How can you stop them doing that? Simple. You just have to prove that you're as good as them at HUSNGs. Bearing in mind the variance in heads up, this should only take 5000 games or so (not me pulling numbers out of my backside btw, play with an online variance calculator you'll see what I mean) so the road to take is clear. You will single-handedly play 5000 games against whichever of the 3 regs+ however many part-timers feels freshest that particular day. Of course, you'll have to have a 200buyin or so bankroll to be prepared for the potential downswings of spending hundreds of hours grinding out 50% winrate games vs a reg, bleeding out thousands to rake in the meantime, but never fear you will be rewarded! At the end of it, once these guys don't want to play you anymore, you'll be granted the ultimate reward of sitting an HU hyper and not having the game instantly start.

• mcglynn07mcglynn07 Member Posts: 154
    Hello Beck are you watching any of the polkvsdnegs HU match to help your game? Who do you think best Heads up player is at the minute. Hope you enjoy Sky and most on here just want you to do well so good luck with your ventures. Danny
  • avixavix Member Posts: 16

Lots of good players ego trip in the chat. He's not the first and he won't be the last.

Behind the arrogant tone of what he's saying though ('We essentially run this site') lies good business sense. Assuming you're a good player but not an established reg, if he can put you off HU hypers for good by sitting all your tables, then that's a huge win for him to not have to share the lobby and the fish with you. And if he has to play a couple breakeven or even slightly losing games vs you to do that, he doesn't care because the long run EV is huge.

He name checked a couple of other players too though. Why? Because he has a non-aggression pact with these guys in the lobby. They will never sit each other, because they understand they're just donating to the rake. But whichever of them is online one particular evening will aggressively sit you in the hopes of driving you off the lobby.

How can you stop them doing that? Simple. You just have to prove that you're as good as them at HUSNGs. Bearing in mind the variance in heads up, this should only take 5000 games or so (not me pulling numbers out of my backside btw, play with an online variance calculator you'll see what I mean) so the road to take is clear. You will single-handedly play 5000 games against whichever of the 3 regs+ however many part-timers feels freshest that particular day. Of course, you'll have to have a 200buyin or so bankroll to be prepared for the potential downswings of spending hundreds of hours grinding out 50% winrate games vs a reg, bleeding out thousands to rake in the meantime, but never fear you will be rewarded! At the end of it, once these guys don't want to play you anymore, you'll be granted the ultimate reward of sitting an HU hyper and not having the game instantly start.

• DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240

Nobody needs to play 5,000 games to show they are good. You can have a pretty good idea you are playing someone decent within a handful of games. Given the rake on Sky, I am not convinced there is much desire to grind out thousands of games to decide who is -4% and who is -6%. So mouthing off is probably cheaper, but can make you look a bit ridiculous.

I just checked and AlanCarr who has the privilege of sitting at the top table hasn't even played 5,000 games since 2019, so I dare say that nobody has had a 5,000 game battle with him anytime recently.

Good luck OP.

• TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,123