You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Software issues.

Platonic28Platonic28 Member Posts: 4
Hi all,
Having read stuff on problems with the software lately here's some strange problems I encountered Monday night.
Firstly I very rarely play tournaments, if ever, but through watching @Duesenberg twitch streams on a Monday, through I would have a dabble and join in.
I play nowadays on my MacBook after years of playing with a proper set up on 2 monitors, and apart from some lag issues and some tables refusing to open, it has by and large been ok.
Monday evening I did some free roll (I never do these normally) and was going ok when we got to the first break, I was also in about 5 other MTTs, I noticed that the table just stayed empty and didn't restart after the 5 min break, I just thought it had frozen and would be the same for everyone else, but then I noticed on the twitch stream that @Duesenberg had commenced in the free roll even though he was 3 mins behind.
I eventually gave up and got blinded out.
Then the same thing happened in my 5 MTTs when they went into break - none restarted.
I was using the client software as I always do when playing cash tables.
After about 15 minutes of tilt inducing panic I finally thought of trying the web version, so after some messing about, and trying to juggle tables about I managed to get back into the tourneys having been sat out for the duration and getting blinded away.
Anyone else had these issues?

Got to say, having read countless complaints on here, that the day has to be coming for new software surely?

Comments

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471

Hi all,
    Having read stuff on problems with the software lately here's some strange problems I encountered Monday night.
    Firstly I very rarely play tournaments, if ever, but through watching @Duesenberg twitch streams on a Monday, through I would have a dabble and join in.
    I play nowadays on my MacBook after years of playing with a proper set up on 2 monitors, and apart from some lag issues and some tables refusing to open, it has by and large been ok.
    Monday evening I did some free roll (I never do these normally) and was going ok when we got to the first break, I was also in about 5 other MTTs, I noticed that the table just stayed empty and didn't restart after the 5 min break, I just thought it had frozen and would be the same for everyone else, but then I noticed on the twitch stream that @Duesenberg had commenced in the free roll even though he was 3 mins behind.
    I eventually gave up and got blinded out.
    Then the same thing happened in my 5 MTTs when they went into break - none restarted.
    I was using the client software as I always do when playing cash tables.
    After about 15 minutes of tilt inducing panic I finally thought of trying the web version, so after some messing about, and trying to juggle tables about I managed to get back into the tourneys having been sat out for the duration and getting blinded away.
    Anyone else had these issues?

Got to say, having read countless complaints on here, that the day has to be coming for new software surely?

That day has been pencilled in for early September 2028
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    I play on Chrome through Browser and only play two tables at a time maximum, but nowadays I log out at every break, and log back in again. I know it will be a bit of hassle for the multi-tablers, but I haven't had any issues with the tables freezing. Occasionally when I get moved, I get the 'Duplicate connection Reload the table message' and miss one hand maximum, but it's worth giving it a try. :)

The Tournament Lobby freezing and not updating is still a problem however, and particularly annoying near the Bubble of satellites, when you do need to know where you are. You just have to close the lobby and reopen it ........when you finally notice it has frozen. :#:s
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    In all seriousness, this needs to be prioritised. There have been years of discussions. but no actual improvements. Unless you count removing the hot-o-meter :)

I like Sky. It deserves time because of the many good things that it does. But not limitless time. Because the "small margins" referred to on a similar thread matter. Both to players and the site.

Does it need resolving soon? Probably
    Do we need some form of information soon as to when that might be? Definitely.
  • ray01ray01 Member Posts: 88
    the hot o meter forgot about that lol
  • Goody_AceGoody_Ace Member Posts: 206
    It happens all the time and most don't come here to report it because it's like talking to the wall.
    Tuesday night I was in a BH with 7 players left - big ladder up to the FT.
    Someone went out on the other table and I was moved to the FT.
    Except I wasn't.
    It just showed the circle forever.
    I logged out and back in and it just kept asking me to log in again.

I had to shut my tablet down (which takes an age to reboot) and start again

Half my stack had been blinded away and I was left in the position of shove only.

I did and lost coming 6th.

That is **** annoying.