You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Box Sets To Watch While Isolating.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,508
    HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

lucy4 said:

A Wilderness Of Error starts on Sky Crime Sunday 9pm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvSNKsE2Jmc

Just finished watching all episodes of this and it was good. This must be one of the most baffling cases I've watched so far,with so many different versions of events but definitely worth a watch.
    Yeah, I watched it last week.
    I think he was guilty.
    I could be wrong of course, but I didnt really have any doubts.

What convinced me were the 21 ice pick wounds in his wifes body, that lined up with the holes in the shirt.
    The bits of shirt that were under his wifes body.
    The fact that his blood was where it shouldnt have been, and wasnt where it should have been made his story bs.
    Most of all for him to be innocent, we would have to believe that some people that were cruel enough to batter and stab to death a pregnant woman, and 2 young girls, only managed to inflict a couple of pin **** on him with the ice pick.
    Despite the fact that there was allegedly four of them.
    It takes great force to stab someone to death, but nobody stabbed him with any force at all.
    I also think that in crimes of this nature they usually target the husband first, as he represents the biggest threat.
    His story was too close to the Manson story.
    edited April 2021
    I must have missed this.
    Found it on Roku, the free Sky app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3md28RTWFms
    Essexphil said:

Just rewatched S.W.A.T as a box set-better than watching them singly.

Missed the Mallorca Files first time. Enjoyable.

Just seen the 1st episode of Your Honour-looks good.

This is good, you would probably like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FDUNek04zw
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,956
    edited April 2021
    My wife loves legal dramas.

Won't let me watch them at the same time :)
    Essexphil said:

I wonder why?
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

I wonder why?
    Dont tell me that you have tried to impress your wife with your, "Well one of us has been involved in the legal profession for over 40 years, and it not you" speeches on a regular basis.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,956
    Legal dramas often take diabolical liberties. Just me trying not to spontaneously combust is enough to ruin it :)

Not all are inaccurate. Soaps are surprisingly good. Don't know who used to advise "The Bill" but that was faultless.
    Essexphil said:

Legal dramas often take diabolical liberties. Just me trying not to spontaneously combust is enough to ruin it :)

Not all are inaccurate. Soaps are surprisingly good. Don't know who used to advise "The Bill" but that was faultless.

I am a big fan of them.
    Essexphil said:

I just had a look and there are 22 episodes.
    This is a trilogy, so dont watch the last one first as I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1hGHdPVXlE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPD2NvuTYK8

The Worricker Trilogy Salting the Battlefield Trailer BBC Two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO_gxK5SsUA

lucy4 said:

A Wilderness Of Error starts on Sky Crime Sunday 9pm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvSNKsE2Jmc

Just started watching Underbelly, its on Prime.
    edited April 2021
    Essexphil said:

Lots of the Rush cast appear in Underbelly.

User Reviews
    Underbelly Under Review
    11 April 2008 | by Richardm777 – See all my reviews
    What can I say about 9's Underbelly? Best Australian TV show of the decade, so far, for a start. Unlikely to be out done. Channel 9's Underbelly is the most significant piece of Televisual cinematic art to grace our tube's since Blue Murder. Comparable to a hyper active season of The Soprano's, it is a major classic series that depicts the 25 or so murders of the Melbourne gangland wars.

At the center of the series is Carl Williams character/ real life OG, played portly and excellently by Gyton Grantley. William's is given an interesting character arc, starting as a lowly Moran driver and slowly moving into producing his own Ecstasy tablets and cornering the market by under selling the competition. Into Williams life comes Roberta, played with a bravora performance by Kat Stewart. She is a gutter mouth shrew who eggs Williams on to bigger crimes and higher times. Together they are the crazed heart of the show. A suburban Bonnie and Clyde. They are completely mythologized in the show. The real Carl and Roberta Williams say they were nothing like the pair, but it doesn't matter too much. The on screen pair are classic gangster characters, reborn, Melbourne style late 90's... in tracky daks and pushing prams, while planning hits.

I should say apart from a few small minor bad apples, the show is exceptionally well cast. Vince Colosimo was born to play Alphonse Gangitano and gives a great opening to the show. If only we could have seen more Vince, but as we all know the Gangitano murder sparked off the war, so he bows out early in his designer suits and tassled loafers. Les Hill and Callam Mulvey nail the Moran brothers... all old school gangster machismo and violence. They are the old power in Melbourne that Williams is out to overcome and then silence after they shoot him in the gut fatefully one afternoon. Kevin Harrington is truly superb as Lewis Moran, he looks and acts just like the real deal from news footage. As an aging gangster in over his head and torn apart by family tragedy, Harrington is excellent. Damian Walshe Howling is central also as Benji Veniaman, a hit-man with divided loyalties. Kind of like a better looking Scott Ryan from The Magician, Benji is a major catalyst in the war with the Carlton crew. The Carlton crew are led (in the show!!) by what appears to be its Godfather Mick Gatto (another great thesp turn by Simon Westaway, capturing the Gatto mannerisms and front). Gatto is the mysterious man at the top of the Carlton tree. An old school gangster, with style and a peace maker, essentially. The violent war shocks him and he does his best to cool the heads of the younger hooligans. Westaway's Gatto is a man of cool respect and one on one Violence only... in the Benji confrontation scene. He is the foil to Williams wild colonial E dealer. Side kick to Gatto is Mario Condello, spot on portrayed by Martin Sacks in probably his best role yet. Condello is a loan shark and money man forced into the big chair of the Carlton crew when Gatto is arrested for Benji's shooting and on the run from William's endless supply of hit men. Throw in an amazing ensemble, see cast list and you have gangster gold.

Add to all this mayhem from the characters above the Keystone cops of The Purana task force. The best character is Steve Owen, who wants to bend the rules to catch these guys and stop the war and murders. Rodger Corser plays Owen as an edgy cop ready to go toe to toe (if anybody would let him) with William's and crew. You wonder why he wasn't allowed to? Indeed, the accusation of the Police sitting around and letting these crims bump themselves off seems somewhat validated in the show. Many scenes where the Police know a hit is happening but fail to swoop on suspects until after the alleged murder (due to some unbelievable technical difficulty) are shown here. Sort of making them accessories of sorts (by incompetence, generally) in the crimes they are trying to stop. Frankie Holden's Detective Butterworth is a short breed eating 'by the book', discombobulated by events head of Purana and Caroline Craig's Jacquie James, is the perfunctory female cop, ala Blue Heelers, narrator and moral compass.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1119176/