You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bye Bye Jose

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
edited April 2021 in The Rail

Mourinho sacked. Again.

That bloke makes more money from being sacked than any man on earth.

I fancy that will be his last big gig for some time. Special? Not any more.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,533
    Constantly telling yourself, and everyone else that you are special, without any actual proof, is never likely to work.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Get Involved - Spurs sack Mourinho
    #bbcfootball or text 81111 (UK only)

Andrew: You’re telling me that Spurs qualify for the Super League and the next day they sack the manager? So unfair. Poor Jose.

Andy: Jose Mourinho... The first European Super League manager to be sacked. Another record for him to hold.
  • Options

Gary Lineker 💙
    @GaryLineker
    Jose Mourinho is fired. He is the first of the European Super League managers to lose their job.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    edited April 2021
    Maureen has always divided opinion.

He has never been popular amongst Spurs fans-not because he is not a good Manager (he is) but because his style of football does not suit the romantic image of how Spurs teams should play.

I love my club. That means I love pretty much everyone while they manage my club. Maureen. George Graham. Even Juande Ramos. Although I drew the line at Terry Neill.

People on 1 thread talk about how money should not be so important. And yet fail to see the irony of commenting on this thread.

Can a case be made for sacking him? Of course. But 6 days before the League Cup Final? Before the last games of the season while European places are up for grabs?

He is being sacked now (as opposed to the end of the season) for financial reasons. To save a few quid.

Spurs were always 2nd favourites v Man City. Who would make City's squad? For me, 5 players - Lloris, Reguilon, Hojberg, Son, Kane. In the team? 1-Kane. And now, instead of a Manager who has masterminded a great number of trophy wins, we have as temporary Managers a novice (Mason) and a failed lower league Manager (Powell).

Cosmic.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,109
    edited April 2021
    Don't worry all you Spuds fans the saviour is on his way... :D .

• Options
    lucy4 said:

That reminds me.

I was reading the comments yesterday after Arsenal's much-needed late equaliser v Fulham in their heroic battle for 10th place:-

"Hurry up & sack Arteta. We don't want Spurs getting 1st dibs on the next decent Manager."
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

He has never been popular amongst Spurs fans-not because he is not a good Manager (he is) but because his style of football does not suit the romantic image of how Spurs teams should play.

I love my club. That means I love pretty much everyone while they manage my club. Maureen. George Graham. Even Juande Ramos. Although I drew the line at Terry Neill.

People on 1 thread talk about how money should not be so important. And yet fail to see the irony of commenting on this thread.

Can a case be made for sacking him? Of course. But 6 days before the League Cup Final? Before the last games of the season while European places are up for grabs?

He is being sacked now (as opposed to the end of the season) for financial reasons. To save a few quid.

Spurs were always 2nd favourites v Man City. Who would make City's squad? For me, 5 players - Lloris, Reguilon, Hojberg, Son, Kane. In the team? 1-Kane. And now, instead of a Manager who has masterminded a great number of trophy wins, we have as temporary Managers a novice (Mason) and a failed lower league Manager (Powell).

Cosmic.

How do they save money by sacking him now?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Cosmic.

Trust me.

If Spurs are sacking him now, rather than at the end of the season, money is the main reason.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Cosmic.

Trust me.

If Spurs are sacking him now, rather than at the end of the season, money is the main reason.
    I understood that there was a clause in the contract that stated if European football wasn't achieved for next season then the pay off was substantially reduced.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

lucy4 said:

That reminds me.

I was reading the comments yesterday after Arsenal's much-needed late equaliser v Fulham in their heroic battle for 10th place:-

"Hurry up & sack Arteta. We don't want Spurs getting 1st dibs on the next decent Manager."
    Obviously Levy saw that and decided to act fast :D .
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,274
    lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

lucy4 said:

That reminds me.

Obviously Levy saw that and decided to act fast :D .
    You'd be better off sacking Levy.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Essexphil said:

Cosmic.

Reguilon would walk into our first XI right now.
    As would Son I think too, over Kane (our best football this year is when we don't play a traditional striker; Son would be perfect, Kane less so)

All irrelevant anyway as we'll both be thrown out the competition before the final ;)
  • Options
    Taken from yesterday's 'On This Day' thread, it seems April 19th is not one of Jose's favourite dates...

2014 For the first time Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho suffered a Premier League defeat at Stamford Bridge. After 61 wins and 16 draws in his first 77 league matches at the ground in his two spells at the club along came bottom club Sunderland to win 2-1 against title chasing Chelsea. In his after-match interview he praised his players, he praised Sunderland and then had this to say about the referee who had turned down several Chelsea penalty appeals but awarded one to Sunderland. "Third point, I want to congratulate again Mike Dean. I think his performance was unbelievable and I think when referees have unbelievable performances I think it's fair that as managers we give them praise. So, fantastic performance. He came here with one objective. To make a fantastic performance. And he did that.” Yes he was being sarcastic and yes he was fined, £10,000.