You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Day time guarantees reduced

glomax92glomax92 Member Posts: 1
In the last couple of days, the £5.50 KO tourneys at 12:30, 13:30 etc have had their guarantee slashed from £400 to £300, and correspondingly seem to be getting about 20 fewer players in these.

Does anyone know why this has happened?

Thanks,
Glomax

Comments

• Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    I just checked and the day before the guarantee was reduced, you played in 4 of these and they all missed their guarantees (3 of the 4 even if you included the 50p fee). I can see a fair few misses in the history before that.

I am sure Sky can take a few misses, but if a tournament misses its guarantee more often that it hits then there is an inevitability about what happens next. They put the guarantees up when numbers were good during lockdown and the bad weather, so it osn't just a one way street and It seems reasonable to reduce them when these things change.

I'd love it if guarantees were to stay high and I could make a bit of a killing, but I'd also love it if Sky Poker stays around for a bit longer. To do this they have to offer guarantees that are sustainable, and it seeemed resasonable to conclude they no longer were. If numbers go up, they can lift the guarantees again.