You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

So goodbye is coming

2»

Comments

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,270
    Lessons in taming the RNG by @thedazzman .
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,432

The long standing software issues have been well documented here on the forum and frustrations are very understandable.

What I would like to say is, that anyone who likes playing on Sky and cares about its future should try forgiving the glitches as much as they can. Even if that is by reducing volume significantly and playing elsewhere at times. Otherwise, if most players leave permanently, the bosses, new owners or whomever will have reason to shut up shop, so to speak, if push ever comes to shove further down the line.

For the time being the best us players can do is continue to log in and play some hands to essentially at least maintain/increasing the active player numbers and report any issues to assist the technies in resolving them.

So here's my predicament I can make between £200-£250 a week on sky not a living not amazing but its money. I can make £325 on another site each week. This is where I am currently at but the second site shows more long term potential if I can improve my volume/winrate/stakes etc. that is a big if but I see no reason why with hard work it cant be improved.

ideally I would like to play on both sites at once without the issues of tables freezing and etc generally I could manage to play both sites at once with near the same volume but not quite unless I added in an extra hour and was to play 40 hours a week not 35. these figures are all based on that and not what I currently do as my current play time is reduced due to study.

There comes a point with a certain level of success that I would leave sky behind entirely regardless will I ever achieve that success who knows? others have and left sky for that reason.

However for the foreseeable future It would be preferable to play on both sites assuming everything is working, but with all the issues only one site can be viable and I cant sacrifice a higher winrate with more potential simply out of nostalgic loyalty to the sky brand.

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Doubleme said:

The long standing software issues have been well documented here on the forum and frustrations are very understandable.

What I would like to say is, that anyone who likes playing on Sky and cares about its future should try forgiving the glitches as much as they can. Even if that is by reducing volume significantly and playing elsewhere at times. Otherwise, if most players leave permanently, the bosses, new owners or whomever will have reason to shut up shop, so to speak, if push ever comes to shove further down the line.

For the time being the best us players can do is continue to log in and play some hands to essentially at least maintain/increasing the active player numbers and report any issues to assist the technies in resolving them.

So here's my predicament I can make between £200-£250 a week on sky not a living not amazing but its money. I can make £325 on another site each week. This is where I am currently at but the second site shows more long term potential if I can improve my volume/winrate/stakes etc. that is a big if but I see no reason why with hard work it cant be improved.

ideally I would like to play on both sites at once without the issues of tables freezing and etc generally I could manage to play both sites at once with near the same volume but not quite unless I added in an extra hour and was to play 40 hours a week not 35. these figures are all based on that and not what I currently do as my current play time is reduced due to study.

There comes a point with a certain level of success that I would leave sky behind entirely regardless will I ever achieve that success who knows? others have and left sky for that reason.

However for the foreseeable future It would be preferable to play on both sites assuming everything is working, but with all the issues only one site can be viable and I cant sacrifice a higher winrate with more potential simply out of nostalgic loyalty to the sky brand.

Not sure what the dilemma is?

You can win more on the other site, and that also has more long term potential.

Perhaps you get less attention on the other site?
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615
    Doubleme said:

I don't know why you don't just leave and spare us all
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,432

Doubleme said:

This is true they have no forums and I like the chat and community feel to sky. I guess I can always stay and chat on sky forums but play on the other site I think that is a good solution.

• waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,012
    Doubleme said:

Doubleme said:

This is true they have no forums and I like the chat and community feel to sky. I guess I can always stay and chat on sky forums but play on the other site I think that is a good solution.

Don't put yourself out. You will be missed greatly but we will get over your shock departure eventually.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    Doubleme said:

Doubleme said:

No. It is not.

This forum is primarily for people who play on Sky.
    Not exclusively. Not high stakes. Just that do play on here.

People have always been able to talk about other poker sites on this forum. And to criticise Sky when trying to improve it. But to play exclusively elsewhere (and say so on here) while continuing to use the forum would just not be right.

It is difficult enough to justify the expense of running a forum in these times. "Good solution"? For you, possibly. Just not for the forum.

Good luck wherever you decide to play.
  • hanlan123hanlan123 Member Posts: 25
    edited May 2021
    Doubleme said:

Doubleme said:

You like the community? Mate everytine you post you mainly get a sarcastic response and the community just takes the p*ss out of you in their discord. There's nothing keeping you at sky, the site is only going down and you've said you can make more money on a different site. Start putting max volume on the other site and win as much as you can. Good luck.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    I'm not sure where all the vitriol comes from? The more posts on the forum, long winded or not, actively playing in games or not, is a net benefit to Sky Poker most of the time. I remember Sklansky or Mason saying on 2p2 donkeys years ago that every post was worth about 5c taking into account advertising revenue and book sales.

Doubleme might talk a lot of drivel but there's no need to be straight up mean telling him to sod off, surely?
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,615

I'm not sure where all the vitriol comes from? The more posts on the forum, long winded or not, actively playing in games or not, is a net benefit to Sky Poker most of the time. I remember Sklansky or Mason saying on 2p2 donkeys years ago that every post was worth about 5c taking into account advertising revenue and book sales.

Doubleme might talk a lot of drivel but there's no need to be straight up mean telling him to sod off, surely?

I think the point is he's been threatening to leave now for weeks , i don't know why he's still here tbh
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    stokefc said:

I think the point is he's been threatening to leave now for weeks , i don't know why he's still here tbh
    Ok my bad. I usually skip his posts tbh. Sorry Doubleme, I'm just too lazy.
  • DONN001DONN001 Member Posts: 702
    if you are earning money treat yourself to another computer or laptop and use that just to play on sky poker then you wont have to moan anymore
  • liamboi11liamboi11 Member Posts: 2,141
    Hi guys I've no posted on forum for while but I`m also fed up with the software its put me off playing last few weeks so tilting when lobby is showing empty/full tables and it is not correct what is going on sky please look into this please. I'm not a big hard grinding reg like others on the site but I been here for years and love sky but this must be annoying to others not just me.
  • MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,235

I gave up reporting tech issues a long time ago. (Tables not loading in time)

I normally only have a cpl of hours a day to play and it got frustrating when most of that time was spent waiting in queues to get through to online help and then nothing gets done anyway
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    I’m having a lot of trouble, the same as many players. The tables freeze with no error message and it’s hard to spot, they won’t then open again in client. They also freeze on browser. When 2 of my tables froze today another opponent had the same issue at the same time and was sat out after I’d returned. A lot of the graphics disappeared the other night and I couldn’t see bet buttons pre flop, or anyone’s cards or chips post flop.

I will never ever complain about slight lag again, the issues I’m seeing now are on another plane altogether. Please do something, whatever you can.