You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Spurs.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,461
Levy’s “criminal” decision could deal Spurs huge hammer blow as fresh update emerges - opinion

This will now have a dangerous knock-on effect for Spurs, especially as they are currently on the lookout for a new manager. Amid the ESL plans first coming to the surface, Levy ruthlessly sacked Jose Mourinho in a week where they had the Carabao Cup final.

It is thought, via football.london’s Alasdair Gold, that he would like a new manager in place before the end of the season. However, likely sanctions and a potential ban from Europe would make the managerial vacancy so much less appealing than it already is.

The Lilywhites are firmly in the top-four race, sitting just five points behind Champions League finalists, Chelsea, with four games still to play.

Even then, a spot in the Europa League is more likely – but will a top coach be willing to come to North London if their transfer budget is impacted through possible sanctions and the prospect of no European football?

Not many.

As Neville describes it, this “criminal” decision and the likely consequences could hand Spurs a huge hammer blow as they look to move on with their immediate future.

Although, some might say it’s exactly what Levy and ENIC deserve after the stunt they tried to pull.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/levy-s-criminal-decision-could-deal-spurs-huge-hammer-blow-as-fresh-update-emerges-opinion/ar-BB1gqyO1?ocid=msedgntp

Comments

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,099
    As much as I hate The Spuds this is just a non story and the things that are quoted are just bull poop, especially that they're in a top 4 race...
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    lucy4 said:

As much as I hate The Spuds this is just a non story and the things that are quoted are just bull poop, especially that they're in a top 4 race...

Don't tell EssexPhil he still thinks they can win it
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    gpc70 said:

lucy4 said:

He also thinks he can win/have the last word in a debate with Haysie ;)
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,086
    lucy4 said:

Completely agree.

Gary Neville. Tries hard. But not good enough.
    I'm not sure managing Spurs is that good a job.

Spurs are a club with the 7th largest budget in the Prem. Consistently over-achieving considering the transfer/wage budget is about 2/3 of mid-table Arsenal.

But us Spurs fans like a good moan :)

As do the Woolwich Wanderers-remember when there used to be a St Totteringham's Day?
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    MAXALLY said:

gpc70 said:

lucy4 said:

more chance of spurs winning something which is highly unlikely than to get the last word with Haysie.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,086
    MAXALLY said:

gpc70 said:

lucy4 said:

I can, however, have the last word when arguing with my wife.
    Provided it is "yes, dear"...
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,256
    Essexphil said:

MAXALLY said:

gpc70 said:

lucy4 said:

I can, however, have the last word when arguing with my wife.
    Provided it is "yes, dear"...
    Been there, said that lol
  • Options
    @HAYSIE for future reference can you please distinguish the headline between Spurs or Spuds as I clicked on this post expecting a nice chat/discussion about cowboys footwear.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Essexphil said:

lucy4 said:

Completely agree.

Gary Neville. Tries hard. But not good enough.
    I'm not sure managing Spurs is that good a job.

Spurs are a club with the 7th largest budget in the Prem. Consistently over-achieving considering the transfer/wage budget is about 2/3 of mid-table Arsenal.

But us Spurs fans like a good moan :)

As do the Woolwich Wanderers-remember when there used to be a St Totteringham's Day?
    Those were the days...