You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Midweek PLO8 bh league how are we doing?

coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
Its been almost a year since the introduction of the PLO8 (hi lo) midweek bh league. The senior management team are aware that sometimes these competitions can go a little stale and may need freshening up.
The 2 £2.20 buy in nightly games often attract much lower figures that the 'bigger' £5.50 game often less than half
So any feedback will be welcomed
Thanks as always to @Tikay10 for continued support

Midweek PLO8 bh league how are we doing? 6 votes

Keep it the same, the format works well.
50%
tomgoodundragon1964safc71 3 votes
Consider changing the league to the 19:18 £5.50 nightly game
16%
Enut 1 vote
I don't care / can't read 4 cards
16%
stokefc 1 vote
I have been living on the moon for the past 12 months and would be interested in joining the league in any format
16%
TheEdge949 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    edited May 2021
    When you started the league you said you wanted to give everybody a fair chance to win. Think you have achieved that when you look at the results every month different winners most times. Only including the 19:18 £5.50 game excludes some players who only play the £2.20 buyins or start later in the evening. For me the league seems fair and is working fine unlike the software :D .BTW your doing a great job keep it up and thanks for running it @coo1-um
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051

I think safc71 said it all.

You are doing a great job @coo1-um.
    Some weeks I don't feel like playing or am too busy with other stuff but I will still try to play these to support the league. And they are played in a great spirit.
    Keep up the good work.

p.s.
    Glad I played tonight.😁😁
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    I voted for just the £5.50 game for purely selfish reasons, it's the one I normally play and I will only throw in a £2.20 if I don't think I will get to play on each night (which is becoming more and more likely with various life things getting in the way of poker).

The points system is also slightly weighted to smaller fields, isn't it? That's not a gripe btw and I'd have absolutely no problem if you kept it the same.

Overall the league has been a great success and a credit to your organisational skills and perseverance, well played @coo1-um.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174

@Enut

I initially read various life things as various wife things
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,724
    Keep it the same.
    The League works really well as it is , and has the knock on effect of steering more players to games which they perhaps wouldn’t play ( with the bonus of winning a prize )
    If reduced to one tournament, I would imagine the powers that be wouldn’t be able to justify giving extra prizes alongside the original prize pool.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    I have been living on the moon for the past 12 months and would be interested in joining the league in any format
    Can I please join with my first 3 games each week to count
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    Tikay10 said:

@Enut

I initially read various life things as various wife things

Normally one and the same @Tikay10.