You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Both my tables frozen

2»

Comments

• madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    TheSaw said:

....sat in 2nd posn in SPT online frenzy with 7 mins left....and now I see I'm down as finishing in 11th. Grrrrrrr

11th? Your games improving Mark! 👹💩👹
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    edited May 2021
    Honestly, I'm tinkering with the idea that Flutter are purposely trying to run Sky into the ground so they can get away with telling shareholders that cannibalising it to Stars is the best play.

EDIT: We do have to be careful what we wish for, tho. I'd rather Sky stayed how it was than it being relaunched as a Stars skin with huds etc.
  • -Stuey--Stuey- Member Posts: 385

I also had these same problems tonight with repeated instances of the download client totally freezing and it not always being possible to quickly fix this through a restart of the client.

The continued frequency of these issues is pretty demoralising tbh, and it has certainly affected the overall amount I've played on Sky this year by a significant amount. It saddens me more than anything because there are so many great things about Sky Poker, but the actual playing experience has all too often been frustrating and disappointing of late.

I know Sky is made up of a small team doing their best, but a statement about the longer-term plans the for software feels well overdue - even if those plans are still fluid and subject to change. It's patently clear that the now essentially defunct Adobe Air platform is no longer adequate (as evidenced by the continued the difficulties of the tech team in firefighting these repeated issues), and I'm sure that persevering with the status quo is not the intent for anything beyond the short to medium-term.

However, the longer these issues persist, the more a lack of any acknowledgement from those higher-up in the organisation starts to feel like a slap in the face to the many loyal customers who are persevering with a sub-standard product/experience whilst still sincerely hoping that Sky can come good. There is a passionate and engaged community here which no other site can compete with, and from that stems an awful lot of goodwill with regards to tolerating these problems. A level of communication beyond just Tikay repeating that the tech team are aware and doing their best would undoubtedly help extend that goodwill, even if there are no definitive statements to be made at this time.

Skypoker are losing custom because of their sofware problems. I play on the site 80% less than I did. On the triple takedown last night I was only one not 'away' at one point
    ( by some miracle) In the past I've been blinded out and just got so fed up I have largely moved my 'business'. This has gone on for months. I've complained and they've done nowt. Shoulder shrugging isn't good enough!
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    Same! GG and Unibet is where my poker funds now go mostly....

Pity as the community/chat/people and the range of tournaments on Sky is the best and Tony does a great job of ‘defending the indefensible’....

Perhaps like a reliable old dog, which is suffering and no longer has quality of life, we just have to accept the inevitable that Skypoker needs to be put out of its misery....pity
  • TheSawTheSaw Member Posts: 74
    madprof said:

TheSaw said:

....sat in 2nd posn in SPT online frenzy with 7 mins left....and now I see I'm down as finishing in 11th. Grrrrrrr

11th? Your games improving Mark! 👹💩👹
    Harsh....but probably fair Danny. :D
  • TheSawTheSaw Member Posts: 74
    madprof said:

Pity as the community/chat/people and the range of tournaments on Sky is the best and Tony does a great job of ‘defending the indefensible’....

100% agree regarding the community/chat/people on Sky being the best and I don't believe anybody could have done a better job than Tikay in being the 'glue' that keeps it that way.

It's exactly 14 years ago this week that I first played on Sky Poker. Although I've been lucky enough to make a few quid over the years, in reality I play for fun, to keep the grey matter alert and to get away from the drivel (live sport aside) that fills our TV screens these days. I am loathe to give up on an old friend and whilst I've dabbled with other poker sites, there is still something about Sky that holds sway.

I don't play big volumes or multiple tables so my frustrations are probably small compared to some. But the glitches will gradually wear people down, so I sincerely hope that these issues can be resolved in the short term.
  • PAPABURGPAPABURG Member Posts: 31

I also had these same problems tonight with repeated instances of the download client totally freezing and it not always being possible to quickly fix this through a restart of the client.

The continued frequency of these issues is pretty demoralising tbh, and it has certainly affected the overall amount I've played on Sky this year by a significant amount. It saddens me more than anything because there are so many great things about Sky Poker, but the actual playing experience has all too often been frustrating and disappointing of late.

I know Sky is made up of a small team doing their best, but a statement about the longer-term plans the for software feels well overdue - even if those plans are still fluid and subject to change. It's patently clear that the now essentially defunct Adobe Air platform is no longer adequate (as evidenced by the continued the difficulties of the tech team in firefighting these repeated issues), and I'm sure that persevering with the status quo is not the intent for anything beyond the short to medium-term.

However, the longer these issues persist, the more a lack of any acknowledgement from those higher-up in the organisation starts to feel like a slap in the face to the many loyal customers who are persevering with a sub-standard product/experience whilst still sincerely hoping that Sky can come good. There is a passionate and engaged community here which no other site can compete with, and from that stems an awful lot of goodwill with regards to tolerating these problems. A level of communication beyond just Tikay repeating that the tech team are aware and doing their best would undoubtedly help extend that goodwill, even if there are no definitive statements to be made at this time.

Well bleddy said!
  • PAPABURGPAPABURG Member Posts: 31
    This feels like the immediate aftermath of the proposed European Super League; complete silence from; a lack of communication between the hierarchy and the fans. A general lack of understanding from CC about poker in general, and the affects these time outs have on stacks and budgets.

I only hope that like the ESL, tales between legs, we start to get some engagement!
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,430

Honestly, I'm tinkering with the idea that Flutter are purposely trying to run Sky into the ground so they can get away with telling shareholders that cannibalising it to Stars is the best play.

EDIT: We do have to be careful what we wish for, tho. I'd rather Sky stayed how it was than it being relaunched as a Stars skin with huds etc.

yeah used to think this would be a bad thing but id then have access to their spin and goes and wouldnt have to deposit and grind up a bankroll would already have one. It would work nicely for me.

I think though that flutter would think logically. Surely if people on non stars flutter poker sites would be on pokerstars if they wanted to be on poker stars. So their is a logical reason whatever that reason is why these guys are not on stars.

so I think trying to move platforms over to stars would be a mistake. in the past they could have just killed of competition like this but with the party network on the rise and GG poker now on the scene this is no longer logical.

I think they could link all the sites somehow but not in the conventional skin way. more if they had each site having its own games and then communal games spread across all the sites. I have often said flutter should do the latter as it is what could give them a big edge but how to do this and difficult/easy it would be who knows.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    Nicely condensed @Doubleme .
  • ray01ray01 Member Posts: 88
    lol@mumsie
  • bencbenc Member Posts: 1,053
    Client just froze and completely shut down again, wasn't able to open it back up, got on to the browser eventually to de register everything, issues seem to be getting even worse at the moment.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,512
    I am probably the last person that should be posting about technology.
    However, I usually play on the download version, and also have the forum open.
    When this problem occurs, I just log out of the download, and switch from the forum to "my sky poker" running tables.
    This usually works within seconds, and without any serious damage being caused.
    As I am usually playing a couple or three tables, I can quickly spot a frozen table.
    I appreciate this would be much more difficult for someone playing a load of tables, nor does it absolve Sky from commenting, and providing a solution to the problem, hopefully in the shorter term.
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Played my first session since posting in here on Monday. Again there were multiple instances of tables freezing with the download client - these freezes seem to effect everyone at the same time that are playing on the download client, as confirmed by multiple players sitting out at the same time and conversations with said effected players. I now genuinely can't remember the last time I had a trouble free session on Sky of any notable length, and I doubt very much I'm alone in that.

@Sky_SamT @Sky_James @Sky_ChrisB @Sky_SomebodyInCharge - please give us some feedback on what's happening. Even just a simple statement acknowledging these persistent issues would be a start. Many of us here have a lot of love and loyalty towards this site, and we want nothing more than to see Sky succeed and thrive as an independent site. Please talk to us, even if you don't yet have all the answers.